The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Is there an "Encyclopedia of Coin Gaffs"? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
271 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
There are so many great resources out there, and I know between Bobo and Kaufman's David Roth book, it is mostly covered. But is there a list somewhere that covers as many gaffs as possible in one place? I created my own reference so when I forget what a reverse sun / moon is I can look it up. Smile Someone out there must have a better reference than mine. You historians know about things no one has seen in years and it would be great to have an exhaustive list
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
828 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I am assuming that you don't mind knowing the name of the gaff yourself.
If you do, you can look most up at conjuringarchive.org along with routines and where to find them.
I can't guarantee it being exhaustive, but the fact that many many routines you wouldn't know about are listed there, along with sources, this is worth its weight in gold so to speak.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5287 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Dr. Michael Rubinstein has a 3-DVD set named "The Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights" that sounds like just what you are seeking. It is one of the best available in my opinion.

http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/findit.pl?x_item=DV9541

Jim

Oops - you're looking for gaffs... though I still think that the above is a fantastic resource!
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8506 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quite possibly Laurence O has compile one (Etienne Lorenceau),
but he is no longer active on the Café'. You could write him and ask.

However, any such compilation would be incomplete and immediately out of date - so "no profit in it" from a book stand point.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
271 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
Thanks everyone. What happens is that I'll forget what something is that I haven't used or that I get mixed up with something else. There are a lot of coin sets and gaffs out there.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
1938 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On May 16, 2019, FlightRisk wrote:
Thanks everyone. What happens is that I'll forget what something is that I haven't used or that I get mixed up with something else. There are a lot of coin sets and gaffs out there.

That's when it's time to post a pic here and we can help identify. 🙂
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1902 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Tango has a DVD called "Tangopedia" that is a four-hour instructional DVD. This DVD includes basic instructions for more than 50 gimmick coin routines and I believe if you purchase one of his gimmick coins you get the DVD free. At least you used to.
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
828 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Sad to hear Laurence O is no longer on the Café. If you had asked him about an encyclopedia, one of his posts would have probably included just about every coin gaff ever. His posts were often nearly encyclopedic.

Another suggestion. You might want to put your coin gaffs, with instructinos, in different containers, with instructions. This is not as easy as it sounds, but if you can do it, it could work.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Is there an "Encyclopedia of Coin Gaffs"? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL