The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Turnover using only four cards (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Laughing
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Laughing
Magicwiia, I came up with a packet trick that mimics whiplash with no gimmicks. In any event it requires a double lift from a pack of 4 cards, and I initially had a problem with this. I covered the get ready with patter : "At the end of this trick every one says I had more than 4 cards I don't and I count the cards (this does revers them). Then I spread the 4 cards saying "Only 4 cards" as I put the packet back together I get my break.

Even 2 years later when I can do a push of DL, for this one trick I use the same get ready.
magicwiia
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of magicwiia
Thank you for sharing. I've been trying to do the double lift without a break. An instantaneous DL. It's becoming clearer to me I better adjust my strategy and start using a break until I'm farther along the experience timeline.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6080 Posts

Profile of magicfish
That's the great thing about Hamman's technique, there is no break, no buckle, and no double push off.
magicwiia
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of magicwiia
When doing this small-packet DL technique, is it easier with a new or used deck?
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6080 Posts

Profile of magicfish
The cards can be older or newer. Preferably not too sticky however. You'll want a deck in decent condition.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1370 Posts

Profile of Bob G
I found the following resource fun and really helpful: www.edhassmagic.com/eds-head. For this thread's topic, look for February 2014.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1370 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Magicwilia, I sent you a PM.

Bob
magicwiia
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of magicwiia
Bob - That is an amazing resource and find. Thank you! I just spent a little time with it and now understand the move. I have seen or read several other resources regarding the small-packet DL but none described the move in such vivid detail.

This is a treasure trove of sleight-of-hand moves which are described and illustrated. An Index is included which makes finding a move easy. The 4-card packet move is now bookmarked specifically and the main Table of Contents, generally.

Thanks again Bob, you're the best!!
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1370 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Very glad to be of help, Magicwilia. People have helped me *a lot* during my two years on the Café. If I can help others occasionally, even at my "toddler" stage in magic, I'm happy.

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Turnover using only four cards (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL