The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Pizza Oven Magic Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
775 Posts

Profile of curtgunz



I know lots of magicians have this trick. Here is my take on it.

Let me know what you think.


Lots of Videos and tips for performers. SUBSCRIBE.

Thank you.
The pirate to the left is Professor Q.B.

ProfessorQB.com

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
jclightman
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of jclightman
Those are some great thoughts. You’ve done well with making the most out of a classic!

You asked what we think about sucker tricks. I think there is a way you can do them that works. I think their success comes mostly in the attitude you present it. Hippity hop rabbits is similar to your pizza box trick. It works because you end up having to make “real magic” happen at the end to save your reputation. Maybe it’s because you add the element of magician in trouble that makes it work. Again? I think it’s the attitude.
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
775 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
Quote:
On May 15, 2019, jclightman wrote:
Those are some great thoughts. You’ve done well with making the most out of a classic!

You asked what we think about sucker tricks. I think there is a way you can do them that works. I think their success comes mostly in the attitude you present it. Hippity hop rabbits is similar to your pizza box trick. It works because you end up having to make “real magic” happen at the end to save your reputation. Maybe it’s because you add the element of magician in trouble that makes it work. Again? I think it’s the attitude.


I agree. I think that ANY magic that becomes a "contest" between the audience and the performer is going to fail (adults, close-up, table hopping, or kids). For me it is always more fun if the magic happens "to us" instead of framing it as if I am outsmarting them.
The pirate to the left is Professor Q.B.

ProfessorQB.com

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1315 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On May 15, 2019, curtgunz wrote:
Quote:
On May 15, 2019, jclightman wrote:
Those are some great thoughts. You’ve done well with making the most out of a classic!

You asked what we think about sucker tricks. I think there is a way you can do them that works. I think their success comes mostly in the attitude you present it. Hippity hop rabbits is similar to your pizza box trick. It works because you end up having to make “real magic” happen at the end to save your reputation. Maybe it’s because you add the element of magician in trouble that makes it work. Again? I think it’s the attitude.


I agree. I think that ANY magic that becomes a "contest" between the audience and the performer is going to fail (adults, close-up, table hopping, or kids). For me it is always more fun if the magic happens "to us" instead of framing it as if I am outsmarting them.


I use a "contest", and the kids ALWAYS win, because they're the ones who find it... on my back. Contests can work if you frame it correctly.
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
775 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
Quote:
I use a "contest", and the kids ALWAYS win, because they're the ones who find it... on my back. Contests can work if you frame it correctly.



That is a great thought. Sometimes that can be lots of fun for the kids AND the audience when a kid wins.

VERY good thought on framing it correctly.
The pirate to the left is Professor Q.B.

ProfessorQB.com

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Pizza Oven Magic Trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL