The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Introducing my new Book Test! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Walkio
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Walkio
Hi all, I was once very active around the magic forums about ten years ago but went on a long hiatus when life got in the way...

Anyway, I've just released my own Book Test - MERCURY - and you can get it on Amazon for just $12.96 here:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1098663152

Mercury is a three-effect book test.

CARD BOOKMARK: A spectator selects a card. You ask them to insert it wherever they like into the book, halfway in like a bookmark. They do so. You open the book at the place chosen. You run your finger down the left page margin. Amazingly, the first letter of each line spells out the name of the card they chose.

CITY PREDICTION: This isn't surefire, but when it misses you just launch into MERCURY and the spectator is none the wiser. A spectator names a city they'd like to visit. They open the book to any page. You point to a sentence. It says, "I have always wanted to go to..." and names the city they chose.

MERCURY: The title effect. You place a sealed envelope on the table. The spectator opens the book to any page. You run your finger down the page and they stop you when they want. You have landed on a word. The word matches the word sealed in the envelope.

I have always looked for a great book test and Banachek's was always my go to. But then I had this idea when thinking about the one-way forcing deck of cards.

Every double page spread in the MERCURY book is the same, so the spectator can open it anywhere. The text has been designed and then tried and tested to make the force as easy and reliable as possible.

I hope you like the idea and give it a go!
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of highmagic
Selling magic/mentalism tricks on Amazon is a no-no. Exclusivity and secrecy are key factors
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1757 Posts

Profile of David Numen
You do know that magic tricks are widely available on Amazon thru dealers acting as a third party? You further realise that only someone interested in magic would go to the trouble of buying a magic trick?
Walkio
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Walkio
I do understand your issue, highmagic, but David makes a valid reply. Bobo, Royal Road and many more are found on Amazon... if anyone were interested enough in magic to go looking!

And it's not like I had much of a choice in the matter; it was Amazon or nothing. Also, it allowed me to sell it for cheaper than a magic site would have.
Dave the Knave
View Profile
Regular user
Cochise County, Arizona
129 Posts

Profile of Dave the Knave
Walkio
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Walkio
Quote:
On May 16, 2019, Dave the Knave wrote:

That's quite a lot of products already on Amazon!
Walkio
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Walkio
Thanks to whoever bought a copy! It's currently ranked #16 in magic on Amazon.couk, between Derren Brown and Bobo's coin magic!
Michael Clifton
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of Michael Clifton
I thought I'd take a £10 PUNT on what you have compiled. I was intrigued by
your second element, but disappointed. The chances of a hit with your city
predictions are way too remote. They are too obscure and not bucket list
destinations to become anymore than chance, I feel.Lee Earle states,
mentalism works on three F levels. Chance is not one of the permutations.
Not enough thought has gone into this element, to obtain a better chance of hit
The production values and layout need more attention. If you looked
into Peter Turners work, Banachek or Jon Thompson's work you could have compiled
something much more significant. I shan't be using this.Just my personal opinion
Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!
Walkio
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Walkio
Ah, I'm sorry you're disappointed, Michael. For what it's worth, five of the cities are in the top ten most visited in the world and Milan is 15th, so they do hit probably more than you'd think.

But thank you for your comments.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Introducing my new Book Test! (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL