The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A weird situation or real magic ? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MikeBeaudet
View Profile
Loyal user
Becancour
228 Posts

Profile of MikeBeaudet
Hello guys,

Just want to share a weird and special situation I had last week.

Last week-end there was a big event in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec, where the public libraries of the region were selling old and used books.
There was around 30 big tables with tons of books all mixed together without real categories. So if you wanted a specific book there was no way you could know where to look for.

I was thinking that if I'm lucky I will find some good books but I will have to spend many hours digging the books all over the tables.
Then I started walking around the tables with no real hope to find the books I was looking for (philosophy, religion, sciences, magic) when bang...on top of a pile of various books, right in front of me, the book of Robert-Houdin "Les confidences d'un prestidigitatreur".
Absolutly incredible, I was astonished and it was a little creepy. Robert Houdin was waiting for me and made his way to put the book right where I was.

I'm a scientific, very rational but I have to admit that this situation is shaking my beliefs...

PS Sorry for my english, but I really wanted to share this experience with the magic communauty.

Mike Smile
Do your best and forget the rest
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Huge co-incedences happen every minute of every day, does it have to be anything else?
I've asked to be banned
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
It would have been more impressive if it had fallen off a tall bookshelf and hit you on the head, but congratulations on your find anyway!
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
Mike,

I am so glad you have the heart and the imagination to appreciate the synchronicity!

I also have a lot of gratitude for these amazing moments that life sometimes deals us!!!
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Synchronicity is my favorite illusion!
MikeBeaudet
View Profile
Loyal user
Becancour
228 Posts

Profile of MikeBeaudet
Quote:
On May 16, 2019, Alan Wheeler wrote:
Mike,

I am so glad you have the heart and the imagination to appreciate the synchronicity!

I also have a lot of gratitude for these amazing moments that life sometimes deals us!!!

Alan,
Me too I'm always fascinated by these kind of synchronicities. And even more since I'm actually reading some of the great philosophers who are questionning the whole picture of life and its inter-relations.
Do your best and forget the rest
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
“Magic is the deliberate manipulation of coincidence.”
― Lawrence M. Schoen
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
You are the chosen one.
Bob
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
100% MAGICK!!!!!! Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
"Life is but a dream."
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
I LOVE when these things happen! Thanks for that cool story, Mike! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A weird situation or real magic ? (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL