The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Abusive restaurant magician (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gnosis
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of gnosis
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: GbdpKRPU2yPIjhFb)
Learn More

(???)
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
gnosis
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of gnosis
Here's a direct link to the video. Hopefully that will work better for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2YkGaBWE2c
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I've seen this some years ago. Too funny, but true to a certain extent for some unfortunately.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Veteran user
Randolph NJ
320 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
That was hilarious! Had not seen it before.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Ok it's a joke, I get it. But it also misrepresents the reality of the restaurant magic. If a house magician didn't make customers happy the manager or owner of the establishment would fire him immediately. There is little restaurants owners value more than their customer's satisfaction.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Dr.Brown,dc
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Dr.Brown,dc
Did the video get deleted. It is not showing up.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The really funny part is the acting is as bad as the magic they want to poke fun at.

It is rough to get past such bad actors for me.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2394 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Quote:
On May 21, 2019, MeetMagicMike wrote:
Ok it's a joke, I get it. But it also misrepresents the reality of the restaurant magic. If a house magician didn't make customers happy the manager or owner of the establishment would fire him immediately. There is little restaurants owners value more than their customer's satisfaction.

This video is obviously an exaggeration, but good comedy is based in truth, and I do believe there are certain elements of this video that ring true.

1. There are magicians that do not realize when a party does not want them at their table.
2. There are magicians that choose inappropriate material.
3. There are restaurant owners who are oblivious to the fact their magician is rude and choosing inappropriate material.

I think this video belongs in a table hoppers instructional course in a chapter called, "What not to do"!
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Hi Ken,

I will concede that the situation you describe could happen. I think that any situation that involves even one of your three bullet points would not last more than a very short time.

Do you agree? Are you personally aware of any magician who is rude to customers, performs tricks that upset people and/or works for a restaurant that doesn't care? How long did this go on? Why didn't the waiters let the manager know that he was hurting their bottom line?
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2394 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Quote:
On May 22, 2019, MeetMagicMike wrote:
Hi Ken,

I will concede that the situation you describe could happen. I think that any situation that involves even one of your three bullet points would not last more than a very short time.

Do you agree? Are you personally aware of any magician who is rude to customers, performs tricks that upset people and/or works for a restaurant that doesn't care? How long did this go on? Why didn't the waiters let the manager know that he was hurting their bottom line?

Inappropriate material is a matter of opinion of course, but I've personally witnessed a magician doing the pen-thru-tongue at every table and vanishing a spoon that ended up on his butt. This was a very busy restaurant and remained busy regardless of the magician. Bottom line was not hurt. So, I don't think the manager ever knew.

As I said, the video is an exaggeration. I don't think anyone is that overtly rude, but I can see how in busy restaurant a magician can get away with borderline rudeness and inappropriate material for a time.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Abusive restaurant magician (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL