The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Challenge Cards by Watkins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1758 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
After sitting on this for quite a while, I'm pleased to announce that the first in a string of projects with Robert Watkins is available.

Here's the copy for Challenge Cards:

"If you’ve ever wanted a true challenge mind reading routine that is easy and effortless then Watkins’ Challenge Cards is for you.

Imagine having your spectators challenge you to read their mind about almost anything and you are able to fire back with a truly engaging, fun and epic reveal of their exact thoughts!

You then take that challenge a step further and they create a new challenge, which you address and take head on immediately!

All this and so much more is possible with this amazing Challenge Cards principle.

Join Watkins and Jacob as they pull back the veil on Challenge Cards."

https://the13souls.com/shop/downloads/ch......watkins/

XX,
-Jacob
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2174 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I am a bit puzzled by the 'card' reference. What exactly are the 'cards' used, if there are cards? Picture, playing or printed? A little more information would give prospective buyers a better idea.

Thanks

Neil
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1602 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Seems like you can use any cards - as ESP/etc is mentioned

And in the 'trailer' it's mentioned you use a [or maybe many?] billets

I have to say this is the worst and biggest waste of time trailer I have ever seen

Even if it's meant to be a teaser, because the way it's done [i.e. some build up and nothing at all 'trailered'] makes it feel less like a 'teaser' and more like a scam. Like you coudln't show any part [or show any single thing] or the routine - as then noone would be interested.

I'm not saying the above [it being a scam] is in anyway the case, I'm saying the trailer [if you can call it that] - makes you feel like it is the case.

Awful trailer

Useless trailer

I hope the effect itself is somewhat better
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
What a waste of bandwidth. Why bother filming?
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2174 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Quote:
On May 19, 2019, NeilS wrote:
I am a bit puzzled by the 'card' reference. What exactly are the 'cards' used, if there are cards? Picture, playing or printed? A little more information would give prospective buyers a better idea.

Thanks

Neil

When I posted this, a trailer was not mentioned on the site. This has been added on since.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1758 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Quote:
On May 19, 2019, The Duster wrote:
Seems like you can use any cards - as ESP/etc is mentioned

And in the 'trailer' it's mentioned you use a [or maybe many?] billets

I have to say this is the worst and biggest waste of time trailer I have ever seen

Even if it's meant to be a teaser, because the way it's done [i.e. some build up and nothing at all 'trailered'] makes it feel less like a 'teaser' and more like a scam. Like you coudln't show any part [or show any single thing] or the routine - as then noone would be interested.

I'm not saying the above [it being a scam] is in anyway the case, I'm saying the trailer [if you can call it that] - makes you feel like it is the case.

Awful trailer

Useless trailer

Why don't you ask questions first and ridicule rudely second there Duster? Smile

This is a challenge misreading routine utilizing card with challenges on them.

Hints the name "Challenge Cards."

Two spectator challenge the performer with two challenge situations from a large selection of challenges then the performer addresses both followed by accurately answering a question that they contribute to the stack.

If there are any further questions then just ask.

There's no need to be rude and nasty please and thank you.

XX,
-Jacob
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2174 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Now I know much more about this, it is a really strong routine and, what is especially nice is that the theme can be used in all sorts of situations, whether one to one or group. For spectator input and bewilderment this ticks a lot of boxes.
Neil
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1602 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On May 19, 2019, Jacob Smith wrote:
Quote:
On May 19, 2019, The Duster wrote:

Awful trailer

Useless trailer

Why don't you ask questions first and ridicule rudely second there Duster? Smile

There's no need to be rude and nasty please and thank you.

XX,
-Jacob

Err I didn’t have a question

I was commenting on how useless the trailer is

I’m sure the effect is better
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1090 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
This idea was in one of his books. Is this the same routine or has it been added upon?
Lakewood, Ohio
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1758 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
It has been added upon and additional subtleties added in. Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18104 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Is Watkins physical book still available that this is in please?
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1758 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Quote:
On May 20, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Is Watkins physical book still available that this is in please?

Hi Iain,

Hope you're doing well!

I believe the book was a limited release that is now no longer available. 🙂
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18104 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Aaah, OK... Thanks...

Do you happen to know if this is an authorised release?
https://mentalistry.com/products/e-books......watkins/

Kinda interested in the 13souls release, the presentational angle makes it feel a little wolf messing... But more lighthearted.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1758 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Yes, that is a different book by Watkins that is still available. 🙂
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2174 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I was recently sent a review copy of this filmed release and have now watched it several times. Each time I found it very instructive as well as marveling over several moves or sleights shown. (I wished I was that proficient!)

The film starts with several performances of Challenge Cards before Watkins explains the rationale behind the effect and speaks of the strengths of Challenge Cards. And these cards certainly open up a great many possibilities as well as being different from the norm.

With the cards containing questions, topics and subjects many can relate to, spectators can get quickly caught up in the effect and, in some cases, given chance to draw on their own memories and recollections. It is powerful stuff.

Watkins also details various ways you can use the cards and certain cards or topics he has found particularly effective. Also, the beauty of Challenge Cards is that you can bring into play other techniques, including anagrams and DR. As he says, the effect is only limited by your imagination.

Of value too are some of the moves that are shown and explained, in particular a force and excellent peek. However, with the cards and routines so versatile, you can always use your own favourite sleights or use the cards in ways that suit you.

In some respects Challenge Cards can be seen as a tool and whether for q & a, mindreading or using as a springboard, they are powerful and will resonate with many. In addition to explaining his own presentation, Watkins also mentions other possibilities, including a different twist offered by Jacob Smith.

It is not often that I watch a filmed release several times over, but Challenge Cards really does deserve close attention. This is quality material - practical, different and something you can adapt and make your own.

Very highly recommended.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3236 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Are the cards included? How many cards are there?
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
cybercardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
germany,berlin
120 Posts

Profile of cybercardmagic
No cards included, you can make them for your self (blanko cards)

Wolfgang
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2174 Posts

Profile of NeilS
The cards are made up by yourself - or you could include cards the spectators themselves make up over time.

Making up the cards yourself allows you to personalise the effect as well as determine what happens during the presentation.

Perhaps 20 or 25 cards would be enough - again the choice is yours.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1758 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Thanks for your review Neil and thanks for your input Wolfgang!

I performed this in my shows and still utilize it.

Hope everyone is enjoying.

XX,
-Jacob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Challenge Cards by Watkins (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL