The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 3-PLY - Matt Mello (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2075 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Tossed out roll! Sixth person takes a wipe... it bad...
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11453 Posts

Profile of John C
Not to sure about this. Not sure what to think.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6663 Posts

Profile of bowers
Not for me either.Maybe work for a comedy mental act.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2580 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Correct Matt , I haven’t read it as I don’t like the plot at all so why would I ? Remember though you started the toilet jokes in your sales ad , so I will leave the thread alone now as I don’t want to get bogged down in this sort of mess anymore Gaz 🙂 ps good luck with your latest release 😉
Arthur T
View Profile
New user
Wales,UK
76 Posts

Profile of Arthur T
I’m not phishing for a method here, but is there an effect for the participant or just the audience?
The underlooked peek - www.mindofmagic.co.uk
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
780 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Right, Gaz. And since you haven't read it, you probably shouldn't speak in such absolutes as, "This is QUITE CLEARLY toilet" when not only have you not been exposed to the entire effect and presentation, but you haven't performed it and seen the types of reactions it gets from real audiences. But I can understand the desire to get in a good pun.

As I said, I know this isn't for everyone. I just wish the comments had stopped at, "This sounds like s**t." That would be fair, as I've described enough of the effect for you to come to a conclusion of whether you personally would use it or not, but to act as if you know better without having all of the information is probably not the best approach.

Hey Arthur, no DR involved, and no stooges, instant stooges or helpers of any kind. Everyone experiences the same impossible effect. The paper doesn't read, "Please choose the house, but don't tell anyone." They have a genuine choice of 8 random drawings in the roll, though it could be more than 8. They put that drawing in their pocket in the closed off bathroom without showing anyone, and it never comes back out of their pocket until after I've made my drawing, which doesn't require a switch.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2580 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Hi Matt , yes I was just having a bit of banter as was the ad copy I felt so I was just doing the same . I have pmed you and I wish you every success with it so my apologies .
I am very much my own man and I suppose when you talked , saying if Derren Brown started doing this effect we would all hero worship the effect and start liking it then that honestly would never ever be me .
Anyway I apologise for my banter , it’s horses for courses and you create some wonderful effects which I have bought in the past . The premise of this one though is just not for me , wishing you great success though in all you do in magic and otherwise in your life Gaz 🙂
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
780 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
I understand, Gaz. I shouldn't have spoken in absolutes either. I should have said, "If Derren had killed with it in one of his shows, MOST would be praising him."

If it makes you feel any better, this is my only bathroom related magic trick!
lemonjug
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of lemonjug
This isn't for me, either. But Matt is still my favourite creator.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7160 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I could see me using this as a follow up to my colour changing bog brush routine.
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
780 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Mixing magic and mentalism...such a rebel, Peg.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1286 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Most products these days are rehashed nonsense and dear god the mind numbing hyperbole that surrounds these "revolutionary" ideas..... Honestly I read the above description and initially thought that it sounded ridiculous but you know what fair play for doing something different. I hope you sell a bucket load of them and that you keep coming up with "strange" ideas.

P.S. Pegasus as we say in Ireland, you are a gas man!
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2967 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Leaving aside the toilet theme, which apparently is the most controversial presentational hook since, well, Tom Burgoon did it 10 years ago (the notebook still sells for $200...), am I correct in assuming that the method could be applied to other types of paper rolls?
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
780 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Thanks, Pete.

Maxfield: The concept could work with a roll of paper towels, as well. They could go into a kitchen or the lobby of a theater, tear off a drawing, toss the torn off paper towels/drawings into a trash can and we could produce the same effect. I just personally prefer the total privacy of going into the bathroom and flushing things down the toilet, as no one will accuse me of hiring someone to go trash diving like they could with the paper towels.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 3-PLY - Matt Mello (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL