The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Teach Alexa To Be A Mind Reader (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,

If you use Alexa on either your phone or Amazon Echo you can now perform a great effect with it.

Watch a full performance here https://www.alakazam.co.uk/the-alexa-tri......win.html

Best Regards

Peter
civins
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
128 Posts

Profile of civins
This looks interesting...
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Looks fabulous. I will definitely be getting this. I had this exact same concept about two years ago and discussed it with Lior Manor and others, but never pursued it.

I think it’s ingenious and I actually think there’s a lot more that can be done in the future with this type of concept.

Congratulations
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Wow.

This is good. It will be interesting to know if the effect is limited to playing cards or you could programme other responses.

Even if this is not possible at the moment, it's a great application of Alexa.

Well done.

Neil
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Isn't this the same as Big Brother from Ellusionist? https://www.ellusionist.com/big-brother.html
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
After purchasing and following instructions- I was unable to get the Alexa app on the USA Amazon site or the UK site. Hoping to hear back from Alakazam.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Quote:
On May 24, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
After purchasing and following instructions- I was unable to get the Alexa app on the USA Amazon site or the UK site. Hoping to hear back from Alakazam.

Any joy? I am interested in this - but not if it is problematic.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Not got this, but you can programme any spoken response on alexa or even play a song...

If you check out an app called IFTTT then you can potentially so much more...
I've asked to be banned
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Hey my friends just an update. I received an email from the sales department at Alakazam and they suggested I change my voice settings here in the USA for Alexa Uk’ voice.

I did that, but I can tell you that it is impossible to download the app as described in the instructions here in the USA. It seems to be blocked or something of that nature even win the voice settings are changed as was recommended by the sales department. And happy to patiently wait a few weeks until they figure this out, but just letting you guys know that at this stage it doesn’t work for me.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
That's a bummer, but in the meantime, those with an Alexa device and a ProMystic Real Die can have some fun with the "Magician's Assistant" skill available through your Alexa app.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On May 25, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
Hey my friends just an update. I received an email from the sales department at Alakazam and they suggested I change my voice settings here in the USA for Alexa Uk’ voice.

I did that, but I can tell you that it is impossible to download the app as described in the instructions here in the USA. It seems to be blocked or something of that nature even win the voice settings are changed as was recommended by the sales department. And happy to patiently wait a few weeks until they figure this out, but just letting you guys know that at this stage it doesn’t work for me.

Lack of due diligence on their part.
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
246 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
Can anyone confirm that this is different to the free James Merlin skill?
tjackson8685
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of tjackson8685
Quote:
On May 24, 2019, videoman wrote:
That's a bummer, but in the meantime, those with an Alexa device and a ProMystic Real Die can have some fun with the "Magician's Assistant" skill available through your Alexa app.

Thanks for posting this - have the ProMystic Die but was not aware of this Alexa skill - brilliant!
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Did anyone actually purchase this ?

Any Reviews
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I have purchased this.

It is undeniably clever - and after experimenting I have a preferred way of using this.

However I am hoping certain improvements could be incorporated in subsequent releases. I have emailed Alakazam twice about the effect with a question and also a suggestion but to date there has been no response.

Overall, it is good and, if in the UK and it appeals, it is an interesting and intriguing effect. But, at the moment, I think there is scope for it to be made even better.

Neil
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2019, NeilS wrote:
I have purchased this.

It is undeniably clever - and after experimenting I have a preferred way of using this.

However I am hoping certain improvements could be incorporated in subsequent releases. I have emailed Alakazam twice about the effect with a question and also a suggestion but to date there has been no response.

Overall, it is good and, if in the UK and it appeals, it is an interesting and intriguing effect. But, at the moment, I think there is scope for it to be made even better.

Neil

Thanks Neil , sorry to hear lack of emails unanswered

But good that there is lots of potential

Do you use this with the App on your phone or with the speaker?
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
So far only with the speaker. I will try with my phone later today and let you know how it goes.

It could be that my niggles are due to personal taste but the effect certainly does have lots of promise.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I have now tried several times with my phone and, sadly, it was with mixed results. It is very hit and miss with Alexa identifying and picking up on the necessary. For the moment I will stick to using this effect on the Alexa speaker.
If I wanted to use my phone to show another 'reading' the mind of a spectator, I would use the Messenger app by Geemmick which is both brilliant and reliable.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2019, NeilS wrote:
I have now tried several times with my phone and, sadly, it was with mixed results. It is very hit and miss with Alexa identifying and picking up on the necessary. For the moment I will stick to using this effect on the Alexa speaker.
If I wanted to use my phone to show another 'reading' the mind of a spectator, I would use the Messenger app by Geemmick which is both brilliant and reliable.

Thanks for posting

Must say that is very disappointing as originally was going to purchase to use on phone after reading the add copy

As it’s clearly not suitable I will take your recommendation and get the Messenger app by Geemmick

Regards

Jack
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I have to also say that this is hit and miss for me as well. The potential is there. But some of the instructional is inconsistent in terms of the verbiage.

It’s more of a novelty to show family or friends - likely I won’t use in real shows.

But the potential is there for someone to take this concept much farther.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Teach Alexa To Be A Mind Reader (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL