The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (256 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10..15..20..25..30..34~35~36 [Next]
andrew124C41
View Profile
New user
Somewhere near Washington, DC
61 Posts

Profile of andrew124C41
Do the people at the Ellusionist really think anybody in their right mind would spring even 5 dollars for an effect based upon this absolutely useless trailer? Back in the early 90s, electronics for magic effects were pretty new. I build myself an alarm clock prediction effect after I saw a demo of one. Then there was the prediction with a mailed in VHS tape. I don't know how many of you guys saw that one? This is not for me that is for certain.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2912 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I personally find Bluetooth unreliable on everything . This ranges from hands free phone kits to pebble watches and magic gizmos .
On most things it’s not that critical but for me at least on a magic effect I want as near as 100% all day everyday and Bluetooth doesn’t give that imo .
A prime example is Rubiked , a great effect but it doesn’t always pair and you have to start and synch from scratch again when it should already be able to find the cube .
Dedicated receivers like I have mentioned before are a no brainer to me but probably much more expensive to produce , I would rather pay more than just hope things have paired correctly Gaz 🙂
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1558 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Why are you all complaining about the trailer? Scroll down and read the description...
M Mykita
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of M Mykita
I came hear to see if anyone had any better insight than that gawd-awful trailer. Not surprisingly, the discussion is about how useless the trailer is. The description below it is just as useless. It's all a great "teaser," I'll give them that. But you don't get my money until I have more than just a tiny inkling of what I'm getting. The one thing we did learn, as Gaz points out, is that it relies on Bluetooth technology, which already makes me nervous.

Hopefully somebody will buy one and love it and sing it's praises. But I don't have the discretionary income to take that risk.
Jonathan1000
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
I don't understand what advantage there is to posting an utterly useless video. Why bother shooting and editing a truly poor video when a good written description would be more informative and a hell of a lot cheaper? Is it that people don't realize that their video is a joke? Or is it a strategic ploy to get their product noticed? I have trouble believing it's the latter...
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
pablovaldes
View Profile
Loyal user
Mexico
206 Posts

Profile of pablovaldes
You really don't know how to read, it is very clear:

“This is electronic. Console allows you to step through history and take a disturbingly accurate photo that can be given to your audience in anypresent day prediction.

Produce a seemingly impossible picture of anything the spectator thinks of... a word, a time or significant number.

Multiple outs are for those who may be wrong. With console you’re right first time, every time.

The future is history.”

Obviously a spectator thinks of anything and with Console comes a Bluetooth Delorean that takes you to the past and you can date your Mom!!
Wonderful things do happen
Magic is so relative, that we all think we know what it is
@pablovaldes
Hudson Lee
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Hudson Lee
So let’s assume for a moment that the Bluetooth works perfectly, and that is essentially TAP but with a remote, would TAP be improved with a Bluetooth remote? I’m not fishing for methodology, but I don’t own tap, and I’m wondering if Purchasing a version with a remote would be better.
Gui Del Frate
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Gui Del Frate
Hi, Hudson!

TAP (The Architect of Predictions) doesn't need a remote, but allowing to perform with an accomplice is something I'm studying to implement (though it's not necessary). In TAP you can predict numbers, words, objects, colors, dates or whatever you want, just with your phone without hiding nothing. The picture is real on your Camera Roll.

Console looks a lot like TAP, but there's very little information about the effect and the presentation on its web page.

I'll wait for it.

All my best,

Gui Del Frate
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2348 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On May 23, 2019, Gui Del Frate wrote:
Hi, Hudson!

TAP (The Architect of Predictions) doesn't need a remote, but allowing to perform with an accomplice is something I'm studying to implement (though it's not necessary). In TAP you can predict numbers, words, objects, colors, dates or whatever you want, just with your phone without hiding nothing. The picture is real on your Camera Roll.

Console looks a lot like TAP, but there's very little information about the effect and the presentation on its web page.

I'll wait for it.

All my best,

Gui Del Frate

TAP is not Android compatible. A lot of the good Apps are one sided. Console is both, so if it turns out to be similar it does have advantages including a lottery routine mentioned earlier in this post.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
stanz
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of stanz
Am waiting for TAP with accomplice mode...
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
I read the description after watching the trailer. My first reaction was there is not enough information for me to even think about making a pre-order. I’m definitely not spending 149$ on something I know very little about. And additionally, I didn’t think that the video or written explanation, offered something that I don’t already have. As difficult as it may be, (🙄) not even BT is enough for me to take the plunge. I’ll wait until I see the next trailer . Or a few reviews. But I am interested in knowing more about it.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10457 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On May 23, 2019, Arielhamui wrote:
Sounds like TAP with a remote control...

I agree.

From what I hear you get a number of potential photos possibilities and whatever you input in terms of a number or time ends up
On your photo roll via Bluetooth.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2348 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Yes
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4197 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I bit the bullet on this one.
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
890 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I will go for TAP
doktorp
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of doktorp
I will no longer buy any magic/mentalism devices, that have to be connected to an app on my phone. If the developer no longer updates his app, you can throw away all these nice gimmicks.
w!=art
View Profile
New user
Amsterdam, Netherlands
18 Posts

Profile of w!=art
Can anyone who has this thing or ellusionist itself describe what it does. Totaly unclear after the trailer. And tatally unclear after reading the "description" on their site. People that perform need to know what exactly this thing can do. Something like spectator names a number and within two seconds the number apears on your phone that was placed face down on the table and you never touched your phone after placing it down.You ask your spectator to turn around your or their phone two seconds later and what they see is their number they just thought of and said out loud. or spectator names a famous building and it apears on your or their phone instantly. Really sellers just describe exactly what it is and also what kind of things you have to do to make the mircale happen. Just saying that it sells out fast and that there are only a few items availbale and that it's so good is a bit to deceptive. This is to vague:"
Produce a seemingly impossible picture of anything the spectator thinks of... a word, a time or significant number".
Clearity please. Thanks in advance.
amirb401
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of amirb401
Quote:
On May 23, 2019, GordonTheHypnotist wrote:
This looks like/ sounds (The video is super vague) like The Architect of Predictions or TAP by Gui Del Frate. The only difference is this seemingly has some kind of Bluetooth remote.

I could'nt agree more..

It seems that Ellusionist have done it again, with their 'perfect' hype methods, they do it time after time. blast a super vague trailer that wont show anything with a description that wont even explain in full what the effect is.
For a second I thought it lets you have a Physical picture (like a small polaroid printer) with the prediction until I came here.
Will definitally wont buy this, not until they come out with a clear explanation of what the hell is this or someone who bought it and will care to explain.
150$ for a "miracle" isn't much, but with their marketing methods I cant help myself but avoid it almost every mail I get.
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of highmagic
It seems a step above TAP, since you could hand out your phone and operate it with the remote. This is my assumption as obviously I won't buy it based on that trailer.
With some additional work I assume you could also have the prediction printed by combining it with Vianney's BCR: so the phone would be completely out of play. Then the prediction would be "taken" from your favorite CTW
Ryan Jacobs
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Ontaria
13 Posts

Profile of Ryan Jacobs
Quote:
On May 23, 2019, andrew124C41 wrote:
Do the people at the Ellusionist really think anybody in their right mind would spring even 5 dollars for an effect based upon this absolutely useless trailer?

Over 100 iPhone users (sold out now) and many Android users already have at $149.

This is a teaser. Only meant to wet the appetite of people during the pre-order phase. As a lover of magic, I and the team personally miss the old days. Where you had to go off the description in magic catalogs alone, or the hearsay from a brick 'n' mortar Magic Shop owner.

We miss that excitement. So we've decided to slowly drip out assets for this release in particular. Many were sold on it right now. If you weren't, feel free to wait for the full trailer and the product page launching next week.. although if you use an iPhone, you're already too late.

Thanks Andrew.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (256 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10..15..20..25..30..34~35~36 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL