The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (265 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..19..23..27..31..35~36~37 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2019, lunatik wrote:
Exactly. You can take ANY EFFECT and make it boring. Seems like a lot of unnecessary negativity,, not sure why. This may turn out to be the best of 2019 or it could be the worst of the worst. I’d say people need to wait for multiple reviews before taking the Negative Nancy position.

Great effect imo. Just a long drawn out process with the photo printing which requires some kind of drawn out storyline.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2019, 252life wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2019, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2019, 252life wrote:
I still haven’t heard back about the app code.

Sorry 252Life.

We've released a new update with some bug fixes, so needed to generate more codes. Shouldn't be much longer, but when you do get it, at least they'll be no bugs (that we know of) Smile

- G

Thanks for that, and no problem at all. Was just worried about missing the window. Very happy to start off with the updated version.
I really like the feel/etc of the unit. Has that satisfying sneaky swami feel to it already Smile

You’re killing me here. Lol. I’m trying to wait it out to see if this is for me. But with your opinion, ( which I appreciate and respect ) it’s making it extremely difficult for me to do what I was planning. The swami feel comment has almost settled it for me. I think I have an idea of how this works. And if it’s like that then I’m sold .
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Thanks, and feel free to PM me if need be.
I can’t say much more though until I actually get the app of course.
But, I am having fun already just practicing on the unit.
There’s something inherently satisfying about it.
The unit is small, well thought out, and fits where it should.
Folks might want to note that it doesn’t come with the micro USB charging equipment.
So if you order this make sure to keep that in mind to avoid unnecessary set backs.
I’m sure I’ll be posting more rambling comments after I get the app in place Smile
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
Exactly. You can take ANY EFFECT and make it boring. Seems like a lot of unnecessary negativity,, not sure why. This may turn out to be the best of 2019 or it could be the worst of the worst. I’d say people need to wait for multiple reviews before taking the Negative Nancy position.

Great effect imo. Just a long drawn out process with the photo printing which requires some kind of drawn out storyline.

That does have me wonder what the shortest amount of time is to input, print and reveal the picture is. I’m sure it’ll depend on the user and how proficient they are but I’m just curious.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2709 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:

I completely agree, lunatik. So just to make it clear: as far as unnecessary... it's me stating my opinion on a forum. Necessary? No. But am I only going to speak up when I like something (which I often do and then I will make that very clear as well)? No. I'm also not judging the effect, I hope you notice, so that's why I don't have to wait for multiple reviews. I just think they do us and the effect a bit of disservice by putting that vid out . I'm not saying the guy is a bad performer either, I don't know him. I'm only saying: he's telling a long, boring, badly scripted story in this performance. Almost as long and boring as this explanation.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2709 Posts

As far as the effect goes: it reminds me of C***S. Which is 10 times more expensive, so I can see why people like this. I think the reveal is very important, though. To give you an example I thought John Archer's reveal on BGT wasn't that great, it took too long and taking out the wallet looked a bit dodgy (I loved his jokes though, and enjoyed his performance greatly overall). With this kind of effect a reveal using a clear box is far more impressive, I think. Like Dan White used when showing Pitbull the C***S lottery effect. (You can find that in a thread on C***S downstairs).
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
John took the wallet out because he had to use it as an out . The ticket in the bowl was smudged and unreadable , he had another in his pocket ( in case of this ) hence the drawn out ending Gaz 🙂
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:

That does have me wonder what the shortest amount of time is to input, print and reveal the picture is. I’m sure it’ll depend on the user and how proficient they are but I’m just curious.

We've tried to answer your question like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNqeDulWuzY

It's a full 2minute 42second performance with titles on screen to show significant stages of console. When the information is input and when the photo starts/finishes printing. It's not an exact because we didn't have a camera on his pocket printer, but we can kinda guess from what he's saying in his performance where he knows the photo to be.

Take a look and let us know if it helps.

- G
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
That is awesome G! Love that there are titles showing the different stages and imo, from the time that he starts to input the info to retrieving the photo, it's pretty quick! Just normal everyday patter will cover that time.

on a side note, do you know why they won't let purchasers review the instructions until Console ships? It'd be nice to be able to go over everything before it arrives, but not a deal breaker Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I would imagine it’s because some purchasers may share the link to others and then not take the plunge themselves after reading them ? Gaz 🙂
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
No one doing the Lottery effect?
Would love to see what it looks like.

I am using Michael Murray's TAP project for now.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2019, lunatik wrote:
That is awesome G! Love that there are titles showing the different stages and imo, from the time that he starts to input the info to retrieving the photo, it's pretty quick! Just normal everyday patter will cover that time.

on a side note, do you know why they won't let purchasers review the instructions until Console ships? It'd be nice to be able to go over everything before it arrives, but not a deal breaker Smile

I know this sounds bad and like we're punishing everyone, but a small percentage of the community would just buy it, get access, learn it all for free or pirate it and cancel their pre-order before it ships. Reserving devices from under those who genuinely want it.

Selling magic for 10 years, I've learned that 90% of people JUST care about the secret. They put all their value in it. So if they don't like a secret, or they know it, they're far far less likely to buy. They don't see the potential of the overall effect for an audience.

I know it's probably hard for you to put yourself in that headspace, as you're not that kind of person, but you'd be surprised how many people commit mail-fraud and say their packages were empty to claim the goods for free, or pre-order to learn the secret and cancel 3 hours later once they've viewed the download.

It just doesn't make good business sense for us to make it easy for those people.

- G
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2019, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2019, lunatik wrote:

I know this sounds bad and like we're punishing everyone, but a small percentage of the community would just buy it, get access, learn it all for free or pirate it and cancel their pre-order before it ships. Reserving devices from under those who genuinely want it.

Selling magic for 10 years, I've learned that 90% of people JUST care about the secret. They put all their value in it. So if they don't like a secret, or they know it, they're far far less likely to buy. They don't see the potential of the overall effect for an audience.

I know it's probably hard for you to put yourself in that headspace, as you're not that kind of person, but you'd be surprised how many people commit mail-fraud and say their packages were empty to claim the goods for free, or pre-order to learn the secret and cancel 3 hours later once they've viewed the download.

It just doesn't make good business sense for us to make it easy for those people.

- G

There was a time when magic was a sacred art.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
No worries whatsoever! I am really looking forward to receiving it Smile
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
How sure fire is it that you’re inputting correctly is there much chance that when you bring out the photo it’s total b——-ks lol
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes I agree with all the above , that’s why I prefer a DVD . Yes they can still be copied but it takes people a bit more effort and thieves are often lazy individuals .
DVDs are better if you want to sell an effect on as well and also better to just rewatch the chapter you want .
Downloads are a pain and keeping swiping that b....y line to go back 1 minute only for it to go back 5 mins etc , and the amount of times I have to email a creator again as the link has disappeared altogether Gaz 🙂
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2709 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 3, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
John took the wallet out because he had to use it as an out ... hence the drawn out ending Gaz 🙂

WOW! Really?! That must have been stressful Smile Thanks for sharing that "war story", Gaz! I look at that performance with new eyes now. (And I'm glad to hear John didn't mean to draw it out like that)
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2709 Posts

[quote]On Jun 3, 2019, GeraintClarke wrote:

I know it's probably hard for you to put yourself in that headspace, as you're not that kind of person, but you'd be surprised how many people commit mail-fraud and say their packages were empty to claim the goods for free, or pre-order to learn the secret and cancel 3 hours later once they've viewed the download. [quote]

R you kiddin?! That makes me sad, I honestly didn't know... Thanks for sharing that. Now I'm also looking at magic business with new eyes...
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I do wish they just sold it with the printer. LoL. Just for convenience sake. Love this thing though, very reasonable wait time from the start to end of the print (I don't have it, basing it off the uncut performance video linked above).
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2709 Posts

Great vid showing the process, btw.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (265 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..19..23..27..31..35~36~37 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL