The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (178 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21..27~28~29 [Next]
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2019, gamma105 wrote:
Ellusionist better address the button and exposed circuit board issues immediately. I still canít believe why would they leave parts of the board exposed?! is it because of the Bluetooth range?

We made the device to the artists specifications. This is how he used it / still continues to use it.

I brought up an outer casing in the early phases of this product, but it was rejected by both the manufacturer on staff at the time (Adam Wilber) and, to my knowledge, the goal of the artist was to make it as small and unseen as possible.

The plastic casing would add unnecessary bulk to the unit and the heat-wrap covering was used instead.

The device works / does exactly what we say it does... it's just not very pleasing to look at, I agree.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2660 Posts

Profile of lunatik
What about the buttons being hard to use?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2019, lunatik wrote:

I don't know that they necessarily are. Do you have a specific fault? Perhaps you were unlucky with a unit. We have a 3% tolerance for faulty electronics with our manufacturers - if it goes above that, we know something drastic is wrong... but it's nowhere near that atm. :S

If your unit isn't work, or someone else reads this, we'd be happy to deal with your concerns via support@ellusionist.com

That way we can tie in your concerns with your purchase and ensure it's resolved and not lost in the pages of this forum thread Smile

- G
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4435 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2019, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2019, lunatik wrote:

I don't know that they necessarily are. Do you have a specific fault? Perhaps you were unlucky with a unit. We have a 3% tolerance for faulty electronics with our manufacturers - if it goes above that, we know something drastic is wrong... but it's nowhere near that atm. :S

If your unit isn't work, or someone else reads this, we'd be happy to deal with your concerns via support@ellusionist.com

That way we can tie in your concerns with your purchase and ensure it's resolved and not lost in the pages of this forum thread Smile

- G

The main issue I find is unless you hit the button bang on in the middle every single time and press it down completely correctly, you will hit the letter before the one you want and you wonít notice that til the end, even with vibrate on, as all vibrate tells you is a letter has been input. For me personally, solid plastic buttons would have worked better than the rubber ones which came with it. Maybe with more practice I will notice a difference.

That being said, Iíve used the backdated lottery prediction on a close friend today as I wanted to try it. I use the calculator method rather than console device for this, and it worked perfectly and the reaction was fantastic. For that alone, I canít fault the app. The app has no issues, and hopefully I find with more practice I get better with the console device, but I would certainly have preferred solid plastic button as I mentioned above.

To anyone on the fence or worried, donít be. I donít regret my purchase at all. Maybe in a few weeks I will report back with my thoughts after further practice
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Regular user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
193 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
There seem to be three different Lottery styles in the Console app.
Different countries have different systems. In some systems you chose 6 numbers from 59. Others have 7 choices out of 35.
And so on.
It would be nice to know what the three options are.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1588 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
UK, US Poweball and Canadian
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2019, dooblehorn wrote:
UK, US Poweball and Canadian

Great! Thank You!
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2802 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
More specifically it is the California version of Powerball...I would be willing to pay a few more bucks if I could get a version that looks like the one where I live.

Nathan
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2802 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Another feature that would be nice is if you could alter the date of purchase on the lottery ticket.

Nathan
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Ok, I couldnít resist. I see a lot of comments about the app. So this review will only cover the app. I know that the key tech. Will Jones and G may not agree with some of this review. But I also know that there will be things that they do agree with. My goal is to be as honest and transparent as possible. That way future purchasers can make what they think will be the best decision for them regarding the product. So here goes .....

The app itself is pretty straight forward. If you buy the app you will only be able to perform the lottery effect. Which, for some customers may be worth the price itself. As for me, Iím not happy with just one available option. ( which is why I purchased the device. So I can do all the effects ) As for just doing one effect, there is a way to perform all the effects without the device. Now letís get into the details of the app.

If youíre an android user, then youíre probably very happy with the app. Iíve only seen one issue with the android version. But....... if youíre an iOS user, then youíre in the same boat Iím in. And you are super frustrated with the app. There have been quite a bit of issues regarding the iOS version. Prompting me to have to make unnecessary accommodations just to use the app that I paid (50$) for. After I ran into my first issue, here comes another that absolutely prevents me from performing the effect with confidence. More accommodations just to perform this ď ONE ď trick. I contacted Will Jones on their FB page. ( who is the app designer ) His response showed me how little they tested the iOS version compared to the android version. My guess is that they tested them both and assumed there were no issues with either one because there was no issues out of the limited amount of testing that was done.
This actually concerned me. So I started to pay more attention to the responses and how they were addressed. Imo, itís almost like there will be NO recommendations taken from any customer to fix these problems because it will involve re-engineering the entire app. But trust me when I say this. These issues will be noticed at some point. As well as the issue with accuracy for each input. If I canít use the app as soon as I purchase it, it becomes pointless and a waste of money. If you add that you have to wait for each update to be approved and then possibly discovering additional issues, it makes it your purchase even more frustrating.
I want to go back to a specific problem that is a must fix. ( but it will not be ) there is a specific date on the ticket that canít be changed without starting from the beginning of the design of the app. The only solution offered was to take it away completely. Making the effect even more difficult to be believed. ( not all spectators will be drunk or mildly intoxicated 🥴 ) As for me, I cannot perform this without having a potential failure in the product. I do have to wait until the app updates.
I am extremely disappointed to find out that these issues canít be addressed to fit the way the effect was advertised. Itís also disappointing to hear that some of these issues that are important, wonít be addressed in the way that will satisfy some of the users that have made the complaints. Of course this is for the IOS users. I havenít seen this many issues with the android version yet. So if youíre going to purchase this as an iOS user, Iíd take into account that you will need to make an additional story line for the date. Which is not included anywhere in the tutorial. But if you join the group youíll see my post on what would work for now.

One more note that I want to point out. Their designer is also the same person that designed the Any Dice app. Which stopped receiving updates a couple years ago.
Heís also the designer for cypher. Which no longer receives updates that Iím aware of. ( I could be wrong about that one ) The reason why I point this out, is not because Iím trying to take shots at Will. Not at all. I like the guy. Itís a concern for me because Iím worried that if the app doesnít work out in the long run and becomes a bigger problem then it is now, it will not recieve updates.
However, I am not going to give up on this app. I believe that it possesses a great deal of opportunity. And too me, I can see the potential of this product. I just hope that some things change. And for this reason, I will NOT be asking for a refund. Iím keeping faith. But thatís me.

I think Marc Kerstein is the best app designer when it comes to app magic imo. If E. Needs some help fixing some of these issues, he would be the guy Iíd call. His stuff is high level and grade A+ in customer support. And he updates ALL his apps. ( which I own )

Please donít be mad Geraint. Iím just trying to be as honest as possible. But you should enjoy the rest of the review.

Now for the good stuff. The lottery effect can and will play HUGE for you. Itís one of those things that most people will never be able to explain. And will leave a lasting impression on anyone. I have performed the lotto effect successfully, and itís gotten great reactions ( before I discovered some bugs ) In fact, I have heard quite a bit of stories on the lottery effect being performed with great success. And massive reactions. Which is really what we perform for. If you own the device, I think this is the easiest of the effects. ( actually any of the effects that use numbers only ) The calculator version is pretty clean and easy to do. I have no problems with the way the settings are set up. Easy to understand. The tutorial is also a decently instructed explanation. I had no problems understanding how it was done.

As an all around effect, I believe this has the capability of being one of the best products out there. They just need to make some adjustments to the iOS version. I also wish that they would take into consideration some of the ideas that their customers have brought to their attention, the way that some of these other elite designers do. ( Marc and Mariano ) That will go along way with some of us. I also wish that they would have tested this out a lot more than it was. Would have minimized some of the important issues. I also think that certain people may feel offended by these things that we point out. But honestly, I feel like that emotion should be irrelevant because we did pay for the product to work the way it was intended to. And unfortunately, itís not.

Something else I want to mention. Geraint has been on top of the questions asked in the FB group and messages Iíve sent him. So I have ď0Ē complaints about how heís been involved in those issues I mentioned earlier.

And one final note about the advertising video. I personally believe that some of the routines Mark Lemon did, were at the aid of an assistant. Not all, you can see that heís inputting the info at points of one performance.

My final thoughts on the app, I think itís worth the price. Especially if youíre an android user. It will make its money back. And then some. I also feel that as an iOS user, it could use more testing. It would also be nice to see some of the key problems taken care of and possibly take what the iOS users have mentioned into consideration. I didnít just buy the app. I spent the full 150$. So I hope I get my moneyís worth.
Sorry if Will or anyone at E. Are not happy with this review. Iím only trying to be honest and up front. ( please donít kick me out of the FB group lol )

Iíll be back to review the device after Iíve played with it for a few days.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1469 Posts

Profile of 252life
Great review
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Elite user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
471 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Lonny, any creator should be honoured to get an evaluation of their product that is so detailed and well thought through as yours. And any forum
should be happy with a member that shows this level of dedication in sharing valuable information. Thank you for that. Smile
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Hi how can I join the Facebook group? I have the app but have parted company with the Console
Emerson Rodrigues
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Emerson Rodrigues
Thankyou for taking the time to write this review Lonnie!
tomd
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of tomd
Thanks for the review, Ill stick with TAP.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2666 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Excellent review Lonnie , and thank you so much for taking the time to help your fellow magicians .
Itís much appreciated Gaz 👍👍🙂
Yepski
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Yepski
Lonnie, now thatís a fair and balanced review, thank you
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4435 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Another bit of information I hope helps. I reached out to Mark to answer my questions and thoughts on the product. Below is his response. For what itís worth, I am happy with his response and am going to persevere and keep practising!

The remotes do take a bit of a knack to get the hang of, but there are several reasons why I chose those buttons (and have used them for many of my private magician clients when I've been designing and building electronics over the years. I did try clicky plastic buttons initially on the console as had none of the others in stock, but I didn't like them for a whole host of reasons. The reasons I like the ones which are on there now and would encourage you to persist with them are:

They are silent
Tactile (so you can feel which button you are hovering over).
They are good for avoiding pressing 2 buttons at once
I found them to be resilient to Switch Bouncing although you seem to have experienced otherwise (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switch#Contact_bounce).
They are hard wearing (tested to over 500,000 cycles)
You just have to press them correctly. I don't want to tell you that you haven't practiced enough because it sounds like you have, but I and several others have no problem with them if you are deliberate about the way you press them.

Another reason I didn't like the clicky pushbuttons on the console remote was because it slowed the input down, as it takes more force to press and then you have to wait for it to come back up again. I know it sounds like it is just milliseconds, but that makes a real difference to your clicking rhythm.
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Iíd like to thank everyone who read my review. And thanks for the kind words.

Cardbiker, Iíll pm you the name of the group.
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Thank you, Lonnie and Christopher!
Very informative for us potential buyers.
Much appreciated!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (178 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21..27~28~29 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL