The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (256 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..11..16..21..26..31..34~35~36 [Next]
Ryan Jacobs
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Ontaria
13 Posts

Profile of Ryan Jacobs
Quote:
On May 23, 2019, Yepski wrote:
Ryan, any line of sight on what this is / isnít?


Hey Yepski! Sure.

Essentially it's an electronic device for mentalism. The effect is to produce a photo of a word, time, initials, significant numbers, a lucky lottery ticket etc etc.

The Team would have my balls if I gave too much away, as they want to build excitement as we slowly release assets over the next week, but as iPhone devices have already sold out in around 12 hours, I don't think it's too damaging to say what I've said.

Many magic companies or artists distort the truth (or lie) and bring up an arbitrary number of years for the development of their trick. eg."We've been working on this for 3 years"

We signed the contract with Mark and started work on this two years ago. Jen in our warehouse has shipped each unit back and forth the UK (from our warehouse in Cali) twice to update the firmware as we've been developing this effect. It was at great expense, but it led to a much better product as the months went on. We're all internally proud of how this wasn't rushed to the market and we sacrificed a Xmas release to ensure both the app and the device were as good as they can be when adding new features.

Console is the real deal and something we have a full-time app guy on Staff to support. This means constant development and new features as the magic market discovers the possibilities of Console.
TazBo
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
370 Posts

Profile of TazBo
Quote:
On May 24, 2019, Ryan Jacobs wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2019, Yepski wrote:
Ryan, any line of sight on what this is / isnít?


Hey Yepski! Sure.

Essentially it's an electronic device for mentalism. The effect is to produce a photo of a word, time, initials, significant numbers, a lucky lottery ticket etc etc.

The Team would have my balls if I gave too much away, as they want to build excitement as we slowly release assets over the next week, but as iPhone devices have already sold out in around 12 hours, I don't think it's too damaging to say what I've said.

Many magic companies or artists distort the truth (or lie) and bring up an arbitrary number of years for the development of their trick. eg."We've been working on this for 3 years"

We signed the contract with Mark and started work on this two years ago. Jen in our warehouse has shipped each unit back and forth the UK (from our warehouse in Cali) twice to update the firmware as we've been developing this effect. It was at great expense, but it led to a much better product as the months went on. We're all internally proud of how this wasn't rushed to the market and we sacrificed a Xmas release to ensure both the app and the device were as good as they can be when adding new features.

Console is the real deal and something we have a full-time app guy on Staff to support. This means constant development and new features as the magic market discovers the possibilities of Console.


Not wanting to pry too much, but:
1. is the picture a solid printed picture or one on your photos photo album?
2. Also they say a spectator has a free choice of any word, is that a free choice from a list or just pulled from their own imagination?
Yepski
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Yepski
Ryan, thx for the update and dang the sellout happened very quickly. I have an iPhone, so...
Ramon M
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Ramon M
I recently had some bad experience with Ellusionist, package getting lost, unclear communication, months of needing to write to them over and over again asking what is wrong.
Finally I cancelled the order, they payed me back, but of course not shipping costs, etc.
Because of that I will not buy from them anymore, at least not anything that has to be shipped to Europe.
I like some of their products, so it's a pity, but the trust is gone.
Which is pretty important when buying something which is already often partly unclear to begin with.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10475 Posts

Profile of saysold1
My understaffing is the photo appears on your photo roll on your phone or you could use an optional mini printer in ones pocket.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On May 24, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
My understaffing is the photo appears on your photo roll on your phone or you could use an optional mini printer in ones pocket.



Spot on. You guys are good!!!

Saves to your camera roll or can be printed using an optional polaroid pocket printer.... and loaded into your CTW or just revealed from a pocket/envelope.

- G
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3849 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On May 23, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Bluetooth is unreliable. Isnít that common knowledge?


Very much so. At the gym when people using their phones and have their own wireless BT headphones on, my AirPods sometimes will crap out. So BT is most certainly not reliable enough for performances IMO. Don't know if this is still true if using the BT 5 standard. I'm not even sure if most magic products using BT even uses the v4 standard. LoL. Even though it's probably reliable 80% or so of the time, that's a very large margin of failure and we know that things tend to fail at the most inopportune times.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7512 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On May 24, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Bluetooth is unreliable. Isnít that common knowledge?


Very much so. At the gym when people using their phones and have their own wireless BT headphones on, my AirPods sometimes will crap out. So BT is most certainly not reliable enough for performances IMO. Don't know if this is still true if using the BT 5 standard. I'm not even sure if most magic products using BT even uses the v4 standard. LoL. Even though it's probably reliable 80% or so of the time, that's a very large margin of failure and we know that things tend to fail at the most inopportune times.


Indeed.. therefore what is required within this gimmick is a reliable confirmation signal that ensures that, not only has the signal been sent, but also received and completed.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On May 24, 2019, pegasus wrote:

Indeed.. therefore what is required within this gimmick is a reliable confirmation signal that ensures that, not only has the signal been sent, but also received and completed.


There's feedback to confirm each input. So you know it's been successfully entered.
Hudson Lee
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Hudson Lee
If the printer portion can be streamlined, then I am certainly interested in following their restock. Will there be a price mark up for future releases?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3849 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On May 24, 2019, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2019, pegasus wrote:

Indeed.. therefore what is required within this gimmick is a reliable confirmation signal that ensures that, not only has the signal been sent, but also received and completed.


There's feedback to confirm each input. So you know it's been successfully entered.


I figured that even if not, you guys could probably do firmware updates to add such a feature Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3061 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
What happens if you donít get confirmation part way through ? The reason I ask is I have other Bluetooth magic devices that also confirm in stages but unfortunately the effect is in progress at that point and can leave you in a bit of bother if you donít get a buzz etc at the mid point , Gaz 🙂
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7512 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On May 24, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
What happens if you donít get confirmation part way through ? The reason I ask is I have other Bluetooth magic devices that also confirm in stages but unfortunately the effect is in progress at that point and can leave you in a bit of bother if you donít get a buzz etc at the mid point , Gaz 🙂


You are also supplied with an invisible deck as an alternative out.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4187 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On May 24, 2019, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2019, pegasus wrote:

Indeed.. therefore what is required within this gimmick is a reliable confirmation signal that ensures that, not only has the signal been sent, but also received and completed.


There's feedback to confirm each input. So you know it's been successfully entered.


This is the same as the T watch.
As Pegasus states, confirming the input is only half the battle, confirming that the input has been properly received and the action completed is even more important IMO.

This is one really great aspect of Joao Miranda's new watch.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10475 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Huh.

Has Jo„o ever actually confirmed in writing here at the Cafť exactly *which* communications system heís using for the watch?

Promystic as one example utilizes a 2 way non Bluetooth for certain products.

Round trip communication is a different animal Iím told.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7512 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Round trip communication is paramount for the working pro. Ask Oz Pearlman.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3061 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
One product I own requires Wi-fi for a one time only connection , after this you can be on a desert island with no Wi-fi or 4g but it still connects to your phone without fail .
I have absolutely no idea how it works but it does every time , I admit I havenít tested the desert island scenario as yet but tried a remote beach in Goa and it worked great lol Gaz 🙂
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
T looks like they are currently sold out of IOS version. Only android version left.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
Morganjj
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Morganjj
Given they said they've got a full time app developer on it, they won't be sold out for long. The profits from thirty grand worth of sales won't go far, especially if there's hardware to make.
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
I think itís the electronic hardware that is sold out for iOS. I donít think itís the app. According to description they made 250 pieces of hardware thatís shipping st the end of the month
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (256 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..11..16..21..26..31..34~35~36 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL