We Remember The Magic Cafť We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (219 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..12..17..22..27..32~33~34 [Next]
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
683 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On May 24, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Round trip communication is paramount for the working pro. Ask Oz Pearlman.

I haven't heard that story. Would love to read/hear/see it. Can you help?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
After reading some other information here, Iím starting to like the idea more and more. If this can do what Photo prediction and TAP can, I may save myself from purchasing TAP and wait for this to come out. Unless PPís update happens before. Honestly, Iíve had some pretty harsh criticism for Gui in the past, ( which I apologized for ) but his products are worth every penny and will deliver a powerful punch to your audience. So I guess Iím stuck right in the middle of Console and TAP. I hate the wait game as much as the next person. But strategy is a part of the sales game. And this seems to be working as planned from what Iím reading.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Quote:
This is a teaser. Only meant to wet the appetite of people during the pre-order phase. As a lover of magic, I and the team personally miss the old days. Where you had to go off the description in magic catalogs alone, or the hearsay from a brick 'n' mortar Magic Shop owner. We miss that excitement.

May I kindly point out that your statement completely contradicts the raison-d'etre of this section of the forum? This section thrives because we were sick of buying stuff off descriptions in magic catalogs, only to be dissappointed mostly when it would arrive and the description would technically be correct but the trick would turn out to be very meh.
I DIDN'T't get excited by a bombastic, pseudo-dramatic vid with no actual content that ends with a guy on his back in a parking lot. (People who get excited by guys on their back in parking lots have other forums btw).

PS For an example of the kind of advertisement people here DO like: take a look at Jason Knowles' latest vid for Flat Pack. That gets people excited. No guys in parking lots. Just good magic.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On May 25, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Quote:
This is a teaser. Only meant to wet the appetite of people during the pre-order phase. As a lover of magic, I and the team personally miss the old days. Where you had to go off the description in magic catalogs alone, or the hearsay from a brick 'n' mortar Magic Shop owner. We miss that excitement.

May I kindly point out that your statement completely contradicts the raison-d'etre of this section of the forum? This section thrives because we were sick of buying stuff off descriptions in magic catalogs, only to be dissappointed mostly when it would arrive and the description would technically be correct but the trick would turn out to be very meh.
I DIDN'T't get excited by a bombastic, pseudo-dramatic vid with no actual content that ends with a guy on his back in a parking lot. (People who get excited by guys on their back in parking lots have other forums btw).

PS For an example of the kind of advertisement people here DO like: take a look at Jason Knowles' latest vid for Flat Pack. That gets people excited. No guys in parking lots. Just good magic.

I have too completely agree with this. Jasonís method for advertising his product is imo, the best way to do it. He shows you exactly what youíre getting while also providing multiple views of what youíre getting. By far one of the best authentic advertised effects Iíve seen. While Iíve spent hundreds of dollars on effects that disappointed me. ( the M-5 veal years back 🤦‍♂️ )I can imagine how disappointed Iíd be if I spent 150 $ on something Iíll never use. Sometimes it takes the words of others to point out certain things we might not see ourselves.
Yepski
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Yepski
The unmasked magician, for the win
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7334 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Crap trailer, limited supply, vague details, pre-order = Alarm Bells Ringing.
Morganjj
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Morganjj
Quote:
On May 25, 2019, funnyclown wrote:
I think itís the electronic hardware that is sold out for iOS. I donít think itís the app. According to description they made 250 pieces of hardware thatís shipping st the end of the month

Oh yeah, my point is that they won't be sold out for long. They clearly intend to sell many more than 250 of them, otherwise they wouldn't be in a position to justify a full time app developer for a week.

Also, I'd be stunned if the hardware is different between iOS and Android.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Quote:
On May 26, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Crap trailer, limited supply, vague details, pre-order = Alarm Bells Ringing.

Hold your horses. You forgot "expensive" and "pretentious blurb".
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On May 26, 2019, Morganjj wrote:
Quote:
I think itís the electronic hardware that is sold out for iOS. I donít think itís the app. According to description they made 250 pieces of hardware thatís shipping st the end of the month

Oh yeah, my point is that they won't be sold out for long. They clearly intend to sell many more than 250 of them, otherwise they wouldn't be in a position to justify a full time app developer for a week.

We will be stocking more. 300 were made initially. 50 to the creator for lectures / friends and 250 to us. 249 if you count the one we gave to Will (our app developer) .... Will has been on staff for about 3 years, so his job isn't directly tied to the success or longevity of this product though.

For iPhone users, we'll be sticking up a pre-pre order once the initial units ship on Wednesday. We're already working with the manufacturers on more hardware. But the app IS open for anyone to download for $50 (Console buyers get it FREE)

The reason for the pre-order (we've had the stock for weeks) was app store approval (which we have) ... it took an extra bit to get through Apple as we're officially working with Polaroid to use parts of their code for optional printing. The person that approved the test flight version left their job in the time it took to get the final units manufactured ..... As you can imagine with a company their size it was many levels of red tape to cut through before we got to the (new) right person. Looping these people in takes time in a corporate environment, but that's all perfect now.

That is probably TOO much information and many of you won't care, but I think for the sake of transparency it gives a lot more confidence in the product - knowing that we're not smoke-screening people with a pre-order because the product is underwhelming, but it was to help us build hype.

The app will go live in the app & play store on Tuesday with plenty of time for Console buyers to download it when they get their device (arriving from Thursday onwards depending on where you live in the world - we ship from California).

All in all this is exciting for us and it's showed us (before we invested in thousands of units) that although the phone market is more android, the magic app buying market is overwhelmingly iPhone.

- G
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
882 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On May 24, 2019, Ryan Jacobs wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2019, andrew124C41 wrote:
Do the people at the Ellusionist really think anybody in their right mind would spring even 5 dollars for an effect based upon this absolutely useless trailer?

Over 100 iPhone users (sold out now) and many Android users already have at $149.

This is a teaser. Only meant to wet the appetite of people during the pre-order phase. As a lover of magic, I and the team personally miss the old days. Where you had to go off the description in magic catalogs alone, or the hearsay from a brick 'n' mortar Magic Shop owner.

We miss that excitement. So we've decided to slowly drip out assets for this release in particular. Many were sold on it right now. If you weren't, feel free to wait for the full trailer and the product page launching next week.. although if you use an iPhone, you're already too late.

Thanks Andrew.

Also a lot of garbage where sold in these days that way.
There is nothing wrong with showing a full performance.
You are the head of marketing right.....
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1567 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On May 26, 2019, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:
On May 26, 2019, Morganjj wrote:
Quote:

We will be stocking more. 300 were made initially. 50 to the creator for lectures / friends and 250 to us. 249 if you count the one we gave to Will (our app developer) .... Will has been on staff for about 3 years, so his job isn't directly tied to the success or longevity of this product though.

For iPhone users, we'll be sticking up a pre-pre order once the initial units ship on Wednesday. We're already working with the manufacturers on more hardware. But the app IS open for anyone to download for $50 (Console buyers get it FREE)

The reason for the pre-order (we've had the stock for weeks) was app store approval (which we have) ... it took an extra bit to get through Apple as we're officially working with Polaroid to use parts of their code for optional printing. The person that approved the test flight version left their job in the time it took to get the final units manufactured ..... As you can imagine with a company their size it was many levels of red tape to cut through before we got to the (new) right person. Looping these people in takes time in a corporate environment, but that's all perfect now.

That is probably TOO much information and many of you won't care, but I think for the sake of transparency it gives a lot more confidence in the product - knowing that we're not smoke-screening people with a pre-order because the product is underwhelming, but it was to help us build hype.

The app will go live in the app & play store on Tuesday with plenty of time for Console buyers to download it when they get their device (arriving from Thursday onwards depending on where you live in the world - we ship from California).

All in all this is exciting for us and it's showed us (before we invested in thousands of units) that although the phone market is more android, the magic app buying market is overwhelmingly iPhone.

- G

So what's the advantage of purchasing the whole $149 products compared to the $50 dollar app?

I'd the physical electronic device necessary for performance? Limitations of we only purchase the $50 app ??

Sleepy
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7334 Posts

Profile of pegasus
This release is bringing up more questions than answers thatís for sure.
Morganjj
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Morganjj
"All in all this is exciting for us and it's showed us (before we invested in thousands of units) that although the phone market is more android, the magic app buying market is overwhelmingly iPhone."

This is equally true in the non-magic world as well. You can generate a lot of revenue on Android, but only with free to play mechanics. While there are many many more Android phones out there than iPhones, there's a lot less will to buy apps up front.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4191 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Messaged Ellusionist, Geraint, and Adam Wilber a few questions about the product. None of them bothered to get back to me. As a purchaser, this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On May 27, 2019, Blindside785 wrote:
Messaged Ellusionist, Geraint, and Adam Wilber a few questions about the product. None of them bothered to get back to me. As a purchaser, this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Where did you message us on a bank holiday weekend/memorial day weekend, Blindside785?

Was it via the support@ellusionist.com email?
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On May 27, 2019, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:
On May 27, 2019, Blindside785 wrote:

Where did you message us on a bank holiday weekend/memorial day weekend, Blindside785?

Was it via the support@ellusionist.com email?

Scratch that. I've found it in my magic Cafť inbox. Received SUNDAY 9:44am. Just over 24 hours ago.

To say "none of them bothered to get back to me" when sending a message on a Sunday when everyone is off work is more than a bit mis-leading for our other potential customers.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4191 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
All answered, through Instagram which Adam and Ellusionist seem active through. But all is answered now and Iím more than thrilled to receive it .
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1539 Posts

Profile of 252life
Iím going to do something absolutely crazy and wait to form my opinion until I receive it.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

You must be out of your mind! Where's the sense in that?!
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

I don't want to cause panic or put pressure on you, but please realize: if everybody would only write stuff when they have a valuable opinion at least 99% of the content of this forum would disappear... Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (219 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..12..17..22..27..32~33~34 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL