The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (265 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..30~31~32~33~34~35~36~37 [Next]
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Any news on whether a new device will be produced for this? Even though I’ve returned mine and got the refund, I still check in here hoping to read a new device has been developed!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Same here Ellusionist. I love the innovation of this effect. I just want the device to be more reliable. I would definitely be interested in 2.0 if the improvement was reliable button response. I also got a refund but would buy it again if it was improved.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Need to send mine back, just lazy
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
phanindhra
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of phanindhra
This device is ingenious in design and application, if you get the flawless piece. Unfortunately some or many of them from E, seems to be faulty as a result of bad QC.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2019, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
:rotf:

How dare you laugh! You are inviting the wrath of BOB. You know, the RESPECTED poster on here because someone knows his name, which is, BOB. BOB loves everything don'tcha know! Trololololololololol.

Boy, I must have really hit your defensive button. But if you were honest from the beginning in your ranting with Tom, people wouldn't now discredit everything you post. That's what happens when you pretend to be something your not. Sorry Tom exposed you and now all you have left is to lash out when you get an opportunity.

Bob

I was totally honest with him. This whole thing with Tom has been entirely one sided. He claims that I was making claims of who I was and what I do yet there's not a single instance where I had made such claims. I even referred him to the firm I'm at but he also wanted me to drop my name or give him my identity so that he could reference me and point to that FU2 thread which clearly is an absolutely ridiculous proposition if all he wanted was to hear it from an actual attorney DIRECTLY about copyright laws, thus this gives me clear indication that he may very well dox me just because he doesn't agree with me (more like he's upset that I didn't agree with him). We can take this to PM if you wish and I can detail exactly what transpired between me and him over PM (I've kept it all). You're the one that chases down my posts on this board to throw insults and slights at me so gtfo with your holier than thou nonsense.

1) I never claimed to be a magic creator or having been published. I even stated that I was not. Somehow even without me ever insinuating that I was, it's somehow me lying about it? How do I lie about such a thing if I never claimed it? It was Tom iirc that made that implication. I left that bit alone more or less.

2) I never claimed to be a attorney. You made that claim. So how can I have lied about it if I never made that claim?

3) With you lying about what I did or did not claim about who and what I do, it's you who is lying about me. Several times now, this is ridiculous and you need to stop. You have a problem with me, take it to PM instead of hounding me on this board like a troll.

Dude, you must be delusional. You are the one that posted about me here when I didn't even post. It's in line with your phony lying ways. Your just sour since Tom exposed you as a fraud when you didn't take him up on your OWN offer. Lol. How sad. I guess I would be defensive if I was exposed and backed down from my own offer that I didn't even honor. Though, I wouldn't back down from my own offer in the first place. Now your here polliting this thread. Wow.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2019, phanindhra wrote:
This device is ingenious in design and application, if you get the flawless piece. Unfortunately some or many of them from E, seems to be faulty as a result of bad QC.

Yep. Finding a nonfaulty unit is like Stevie Wonder after 12 tequila shots trying to find an unicorn in a booby trapped garden maze.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
I used the console to type my email to E.
In case anyone’s interested, here is an exact transcript;

Hsbubb 7gh444 hsydbdj jkdndhkkkkk. Ksndhchc ix is Ibsbdun kkxbdhk
Hdhxjnk? Jndnknn mdjdhn kdjckkn.

Yudhyb idhdjkd

Tjshhg jzhxknf”

-Theodore Annemann
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2019, 252life wrote:
I used the console to type my email to E.
In case anyone’s interested, here is an exact transcript;

Hsbubb 7gh444 hsydbdj jkdndhkkkkk. Ksndhchc ix is Ibsbdun kkxbdhk
Hdhxjnk? Jndnknn mdjdhn kdjckkn.

Yudhyb idhdjkd

Tjshhg jzhxknf”

😂
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2709 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Hahaha! Thanks for that, Mysterious and 252. You made me laugh out loud.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Agreed very funny comment 😂😂 Gaz
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Hey Pete, thanks for the update. One of the things that bugs me the most is that E won’t show all the reviews that are submitted. It’s been brought up several times in this thread. To me that is just completely outrageous and highly immoral. I cannot trust a company that pretends to allow customers to review their products but then selects which ones are shown and deletes others. What will E do about that?

Hey 'The Unmasked Magician'.

Like Amazon, when a user leaves a review, they have to be a verified buyer. This means that they are logged into their account and our back-end ensures that they DO INDEED have the product before their review is accepted. People can leave reviews as a guest, but they are reviewed manually and often not accepted because they're not owners of the product. They're just leaving bad reviews for fun.

Maybe you don't, but there are a lot of trolls on the internet, who leave bad reviews because they're unwilling to practice, haven't received the items yet or don't like the company or the look of the product. We had 5, 1 star reviews on the 'Deck Of Cards' product 12 hours after it was released. Literally impossible for anyone to have purchased and received it in that time.

This has a detrimental effect on the artist, as they get paid royalties for sales. If someone leaves a review "Just watched the download, haven't received the item yet as I ordered today, but I don't think I like the look of this. 2 stars" then we simply can't accept that.

It's like reviewing a movie from the trailer. You have to have the complete package in front of you.

Reviews are also automatically not approved for massive use of profanity, or manually not approved for exposure.

eg. "I just got this trick. It's a flap. Save your money, because you can make this yourself for $2 if you go to staples and grab X"

Some reviewers are reviewing the SECRET, which is a big issue with selling magic. We aren't selling the secret, we're selling what you can achieve to a lay audience using that secret. Some people don't get that and it's not a fair representation of the hard work either we or the artist put into their original offering.

EXAMPLE:

Here is the kind of review we get. This is from the mystery deck product on our secret menu. Guest reviewer (not logged in)

"The bicycle 1800 deck..... Are you kidding me??????? No slow selling, dead stock decks? Only rare and unreleased decks? I am willing to bet you my life savings you havnt sent anyone an "unreleased" deck that ordered this. Just pathetic." - James

This was left as a review. However the customer was massively mistaken. The Bicycle 1900 deck that was sent out, was completely NEW, not released and a drastically different tuck, back design (for legal reasons) and faces compared to the old 1800 design. Hence the change of name too.

Here's another on Console specifically from 3 days ago..... "1 STAR. Paid $150 for this trick with no instructions. Just sent me the gimmick. Form emails were sent back when I contacted the company." - Daniel (last name begins with L, but I won't give that here)

====== This is the level of misinformation that's spread online. That can't be an approved review on our website. For our sake and Mark's.

Console instructions are placed in the users account automatically upon purchase (when the items are in stock, which they are.) We also have it printed IN THE BOX which goes to this link : https://www.ellusionist.com/console-instructions

The page says this" If you purchased your console device from Ellusionist, then you already have the instructions that you need in order to learn and use this amazing piece of magic.

To view your videos, simply log into your account then go to the MY DOWNLOADS section. There you will see the videos available for you to view.

If you purchased the App by itself from the app store, you can still perform the incredible Lottery Routine taught HERE on Magic Stream. Please consider purchasing the Console device to truly unlock the power of our creation.

If you believe you should have access to the full download, or the app please contact customer service with your order number and issue and we'll do our best to help you as quickly as we can."

The form email he was 'sent' is an auto-responder to say we've received his query and will get back to him within 48 hours.

Can you see where we were unable to approve all reviews? It's not that we're trying to hide anything... there's actually a 3 star review on the product page from a buyer.

"Nice idea, good app but unfortunately no € currency design for the lottery prediction. What a pity for customers from europe" - Ben (3 stars)

He dropped it by 2 whole stars for not being able to do it in Euros. We still approved it. It was true, he bought it, it didn't expose the method etc. I disagree with him, but he's allowed to leave that review (and it was approved) because that's his opinion.

Hopefully that shines more light on the review process and how we try to keep it fair.

===================
REFUNDS AND RETURNS
===================

To address this also, we've only had 18 returned units. This is just over 2%. - Less than the industry average for electronic goods.

The magic Café is an echo chamber. The same people post over and over again about the same issues. It's easy to assume here that people are outraged. But overall, the truth is, they're not.

"Ellusionist is just faking that number."

It's not faked. 13 IOS refunds. 5 Android ones. I logged in and checked..... When people actually contact us officially, we're happy to replace defective units. However, upon US testing those defective units, a significant number of them turned out to be user error. Or the app wasn't functioning on their Apple 3GS phone from 2009. (Even Apple doesn't support this phone now.)

=======================
WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE
=======================

Button presses seem to be a big issue and we are listening. I've just booked a train ticket for Pete to travel down to Mark's house in London. He's going to film an additional tuition video about troubleshooting problems with Console.

This should help users to either fix the way they're using the device, so it's perfect. Or to establish that it IS one of the rare defective units. Either from manufacturing error, or accidental damage in transit / by the user.

I wrote a blog on this, some people think it's fun to hate on a big, faceless company, but the 12 members of staff that work here are all people. We take days off, we have vacations (especially those with kids over summer) and we take breaks from NON-official work entities like social media & forums. (It's healthy to do so)

I remember earlier on in this thread when someone left a disingenuous comment about how I didn't get back to them.

I responded in just over 24 hours on a bank holiday Monday. (Memorial day) and they messaged me the day before (on a Sunday) and expected a response immediately. I don't work Sunday's.

When I didn't answer them on that Sunday, their immediate thought was to spread mis-information on this forum about our bad customer service or my 'lack of response'.

Context really matters and they'll be some people that will find any reason to specifically hate one person or one company. Regardless of the truth.

I've also viewed a lot of comments regarding the lack of case on this. In fact this 5 star review was left on our page yesterday from a buyer.

"Just received this in the mail a couple of days ago and I've already got it down and working great. This is probably the best effect I've bought in at least a few years. The remote and the app both work very well and are easy to use. I also just received the Poloroid printer today and it works great. Can't wait to use this with the printer and a card to wallet! Other people were talking about how the console device has no case with exposed components. I figured out a quick fix for this. I used a tiny 1.5X3 ziplock baggy and made it just a little bit longer by taping the end of another bag on the end of it and now it is the perfect size to hold the console device. Now I'm not scared of it braking from water damage or moist hands. Yes it should have been made with a case but I'm not complaining because this is such a great effect and is easy to do and everything works beautifully. There were a couple bugs in the app when I first received this. I emailed the support team and the developer of the app was very quick to address these issues and get them fixed the day after I reported this. I would like to thank the E team for having such awesome customer service. Overall this is one of the best purchases I've bought from Ellusionist. Highly Recommended!!!" - Jamie Day. (5 stars)

This has been addressed by Mark, but we're going to include it in the download. All Console devices have been specially coated so that contact points won't be affected by sweaty or moist hands. It's completely safe to use, without a casing.

Hope that helps and we're here to answer any questions. But it's impossible to do a full-time job, travel around the world to conventions, make time for family and respond to every single person/post on this thread. That's why we have support@ellusionist.com as an official channel. EVERYTHING sent there get's answered / read.

I know this new troubleshooting video from Mark & Pete will really help to answer any other queries and that's our top priority for next week.

Have a great weekend guys & gals,

- G
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2019, GeraintClarke wrote:

The magic Café is an echo chamber. The same people post over and over again about the same issues. It's easy to assume here that people are outraged. But overall, the truth is, they're not.

"Ellusionist is just faking that number."

It's not faked. 13 IOS refunds. 5 Android ones. I logged in and checked..... When people actually contact us officially, we're happy to replace defective units. However, upon US testing those defective units, a significant number of them turned out to be user error. Or the app wasn't functioning on their Apple 3GS phone from 2009. (Even Apple doesn't support this phone now.)

=======================
WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE
=======================

Button presses seem to be a big issue and we are listening. I've just booked a train ticket for Pete to travel down to Mark's house in London. He's going to film an additional tuition video about troubleshooting problems with Console.

This should help users to either fix the way they're using the device, so it's perfect. Or to establish that it IS one of the rare defective units. Either from manufacturing error, or accidental damage in transit / by the user.

I wrote a blog on this, some people think it's fun to hate on a big, faceless company, but the 12 members of staff that work here are all people. We take days off, we have vacations (especially those with kids over summer) and we take breaks from NON-official work entities like social media & forums. (It's healthy to do so)

I remember earlier on in this thread when someone left a disingenuous comment about how I didn't get back to them.

I responded in just over 24 hours on a bank holiday Monday. (Memorial day) and they messaged me the day before (on a Sunday) and expected a response immediately. I don't work Sunday's.

When I didn't answer them on that Sunday, their immediate thought was to spread mis-information on this forum about our bad customer service or my 'lack of response'.

Context really matters and they'll be some people that will find any reason to specifically hate one person or one company. Regardless of the truth.

I've also viewed a lot of comments regarding the lack of case on this. In fact this 5 star review was left on our page yesterday from a buyer.

I know this new troubleshooting video from Mark & Pete will really help to answer any other queries and that's our top priority for next week.

Have a great weekend guys & gals,

- G

Interesting post G. The Café is an echo chamber.... I found that statement very interesting.. I don't think people are outraged about Console, they are just wishing for a better input device. They want an input device that doesn't have button issues. I am not quite sure things are as smooth as you make it sound with Console. Assuming the returns may be low as you stated, it amazes me that a significant amount of these returns happen to be folks participating in this thread. I am hardpressed (and I have been here on the Café for 14 years) to see a group think mentality where people who actually bought a product returns it due to the comments of others. There are deeper reasons that hopefully y'all successfully address sooner than later.

I appreciate you chiming in. From the examples you gave, sounds like a small contingent of your customers are real divas. Too bad you cannot let go of those small number of customers (sometimes you sever your business relationship with troublemakers if possible in order to attract better clientele that are easier to manage).

Good luck in your future releases and with Console.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Plus, I suspect many people are like me that just don’t get around to returning products.
Even some expensive ones end up in the junk cabinet.
I wanted this to be reliable, and was quite the advocate initially, but that’s not the case anymore.
I use, and really like, the lottery effect. For me that still justifies the purchase.
I do wish the console was consistent and reliable, but it isn’t.

-Theodore Annemann
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree with 252life E are forgetting half the people who just don’t bother complaining and just accept it as one of those things and indeed stick it in the junk drawer . Meaning those reviews good and negative end up levelling themselves out and are infact a fair reflection generally Gaz 🙂
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
This is my experience generally with magic and not just with E by the way Gaz 🙂
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I agree with 252life E are forgetting half the people who just don’t bother complaining and just accept it as one of those things and indeed stick it in the junk drawer . Meaning those reviews good and negative end up levelling themselves out and are infact a fair reflection generally Gaz 🙂

We have a 60 day money back guarantee on Console. I feel like this troubleshooting video from Mark and Pete (being filmed tomorrow) will help a lot of users.

Something bought for this much money should never end up in the magic junk drawer.

- G
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2019, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:

We have a 60 day money back guarantee on Console. I feel like this troubleshooting video from Mark and Pete (being filmed tomorrow) will help a lot of users.

Something bought for this much money should never end up in the magic junk drawer.

- G

Looking forward to it! Marc is a very helpful and nice guy.

Regarding the missing housing I have to disagree.
For the price its being sold a professional housing would have been absolutely viable.
A coated but nearly open PCB board is not the best option there is.
My unit works but it still feels like a prototyp to me.
The console app could have been opened up to all sorts of exsisting bluetooth remotes!
Without any problem. But it’s more profitable to sell a 99$ remote I guess.

Ive had two defective Decibel units in the past myself:
my opinion is that Ellusionist has a high tendency to rush products to the market.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
:rotf:

How dare you laugh! You are inviting the wrath of BOB. You know, the RESPECTED poster on here because someone knows his name, which is, BOB. BOB loves everything don'tcha know! Trololololololololol.

Boy, I must have really hit your defensive button. But if you were honest from the beginning in your ranting with Tom, people wouldn't now discredit everything you post. That's what happens when you pretend to be something your not. Sorry Tom exposed you and now all you have left is to lash out when you get an opportunity.

Bob

I was totally honest with him. This whole thing with Tom has been entirely one sided. He claims that I was making claims of who I was and what I do yet there's not a single instance where I had made such claims. I even referred him to the firm I'm at but he also wanted me to drop my name or give him my identity so that he could reference me and point to that FU2 thread which clearly is an absolutely ridiculous proposition if all he wanted was to hear it from an actual attorney DIRECTLY about copyright laws, thus this gives me clear indication that he may very well dox me just because he doesn't agree with me (more like he's upset that I didn't agree with him). We can take this to PM if you wish and I can detail exactly what transpired between me and him over PM (I've kept it all). You're the one that chases down my posts on this board to throw insults and slights at me so gtfo with your holier than thou nonsense.

1) I never claimed to be a magic creator or having been published. I even stated that I was not. Somehow even without me ever insinuating that I was, it's somehow me lying about it? How do I lie about such a thing if I never claimed it? It was Tom iirc that made that implication. I left that bit alone more or less.

2) I never claimed to be a attorney. You made that claim. So how can I have lied about it if I never made that claim?

3) With you lying about what I did or did not claim about who and what I do, it's you who is lying about me. Several times now, this is ridiculous and you need to stop. You have a problem with me, take it to PM instead of hounding me on this board like a troll.

Dude, you must be delusional. You are the one that posted about me here when I didn't even post. It's in line with your phony lying ways. Your just sour since Tom exposed you as a fraud when you didn't take him up on your OWN offer. Lol. How sad. I guess I would be defensive if I was exposed and backed down from my own offer that I didn't even honor. Though, I wouldn't back down from my own offer in the first place. Now your here polliting this thread. Wow.

Why are you hiding behind Tom by the way? Just because he knows your name is Bob and sided with you because he disagrees with me, that's actually very sad. Also, you claim that I'm lying, though you don't specify what I'm lying about nor have you referenced where I have lied about ANYTHING. So again, you're making allegations without substantiation. Now, take it to PM. You want to bicker and what not, take it to PM.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2019, 252life wrote:
Plus, I suspect many people are like me that just don’t get around to returning products.
I wanted this to be reliable, and was quite the advocate initially, but that’s not the case anymore.
I use, and really like, the lottery effect. For me that still justifies the purchase.

Does the lottery effect work for U.K. customers are you aware? I can’t remember the negatives, although I know there were a few.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2019, 252life wrote:

Does the lottery effect work for U.K. customers are you aware? I can’t remember the negatives, although I know there were a few.

I really rate The Lottery app have had no problem at all with it, but I noticed someone posted today that the millionaire numbers are no longer printed on the real tickets so the app needs an update
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (265 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..30~31~32~33~34~35~36~37 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL