The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (256 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..33~34~35~36 [Next]
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
896 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2019, mantel wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2019, ArtIn wrote:
Itís called marketing I guess...


Right... Even the original explanation for the FU Deck was available for everyone until I pointed it out.


That was a bad move. The Console explanation though, I think in this case it makes sense because it really has helped a lot in essentially laying it out for me so that I can make an informed decision (actually, very tempted to pick this up, I was honestly put off by the release due to the negative feedback in this thread and my own bias against mushy buttons seemingly being validated by the reports of the buttons not working well Smile ).


And this indicates marketing has worked Smile

But I also appreciate the efforts to explain everything further.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3843 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2019, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2019, mantel wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2019, ArtIn wrote:
Itís called marketing I guess...


Right... Even the original explanation for the FU Deck was available for everyone until I pointed it out.


That was a bad move. The Console explanation though, I think in this case it makes sense because it really has helped a lot in essentially laying it out for me so that I can make an informed decision (actually, very tempted to pick this up, I was honestly put off by the release due to the negative feedback in this thread and my own bias against mushy buttons seemingly being validated by the reports of the buttons not working well Smile ).


And this indicates marketing has worked Smile

But I also appreciate the efforts to explain everything further.


Yup. In this case though, it REALLY needed the public explanations and breakdown of the product. I suppose they should have password protected it or something and allow access on a per request only basis. :: Shrug :: You know, just to protect from laypeople. LoL.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3843 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Watched the first 4 videos. Definitely worth a watch, convinced me to order this thing so I will in the near future.
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
896 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Agree it shouldnít be open source!
@Ellusionist, what is your intention?

Why itís not offered to owners only? Just for more sales figures?

My unit (hardware) works flawlessly since day one.
But I still think Ellusionist has left a few important bits out here.

For example: in europe you need to switch the keyboard settings to US otherwise it wonít work.
But nobody told us and I figured it out for myself. In the new video itís still not mentioned.
Maybe remotes were returned because of that circumstance!

Ellusionist, speak to owners and listen to their experience and not to someone who pretend that he saw everything the first time..
Nice script Peter Turner...

Also the printer can bring you problems (time out settings).

I feel the new videos are somehow only a weird excuse and vindication for faults (not choices).
Btw: they could have opened the app to all sorts of remote controls... money money money
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1616 Posts

Profile of 252life
After watching the videos I was hoping my unit was ok. No luck.
I appreciate the supplemental videos, and really hoped it was user error on my part.
Guess Iíll get off my butt and try and exchange it. I love the size of the unit, effects, etc. if I can get a unit that works as it should, Iíll be very happy.
Btw, itís great to see Pete getting involved when I doubt he had to.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
943 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2019, ArtIn wrote:
Nice script Peter Turner...


LOL
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1313 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2019, ArtIn wrote:
Agree it shouldnít be open source!
@Ellusionist, what is your intention?

Why itís not offered to owners only? Just for more sales figures?

My unit (hardware) works flawlessly since day one.
But I still think Ellusionist has left a few important bits out here.

For example: in europe you need to switch the keyboard settings to US otherwise it wonít work.
But nobody told us and I figured it out for myself. In the new video itís still not mentioned.
Maybe remotes were returned because of that circumstance!

Ellusionist, speak to owners and listen to their experience and not to someone who pretend that he saw everything the first time..
Nice script Peter Turner...

Also the printer can bring you problems (time out settings).

I feel the new videos are somehow only a weird excuse and vindication for faults (not choices).
Btw: they could have opened the app to all sorts of remote controls... money money money


2 things.

First, you clearly donít know me - I donít use electronics, I donít advocate them - Id go as far as saying over indulgence makes people lazy. Ellusionist (or any company) couldnít pay me enough to change my opinion. I am very good friends with Mark Lemon, as I said in the video - but heíd be the first to tell you Iíd not used the device, looked at it or even thought about it. I can literally show you the email (the day I was filming) asking Ellusionist to send me the app so I did have an understanding and I didnít receive it until 1 day later. So as far as saying itís a script, youíre way off the mark (mind the pun). I couldnít be paid to pretend.

2 - here lies the biggest problem in this market. Everything is an assumption that itís some marketing strategy, I donít play that game, donít include me in it.

Why didnít I mention changing the keyboard? I donít know about **** like that, so why would I mention it? In the space of a paragraph you defeated your own argument - if I really had of had time to play with this no stone would be unturned.

Pete x
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1313 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
*edit* no stone would be left unturned.

Pete x
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
943 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2019, Peter_turner wrote:
I donít use electronics, I donít advocate them - Id go as far as saying over indulgence makes people lazy. Ellusionist (or any company) couldnít pay me enough to change my opinion.
Pete x


Hey Pete,

Thanks for replying. I think you are a man of your word, so I believe your statement on your marketing being different. Good to know. Based on your statement above I would strongly advise you to not get involved in this product then, as you don't use it or advocate it. Stay out, especially since it's been a big mess since its release. If you are -in a way-endorsing it by appearing in a video that supports this, you will be held accountable for the quality of the product as well. And rightfully so, I think. You're in or you're out, know what I mean? This is all said with full respect. And of course you're a free man. So you can do whatever the *&^@ you want.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1616 Posts

Profile of 252life
Peteís just trying to be decent, helpful, and honest is my impression.
Iíd hate for him, in the future, to not get involved in a (any) project because itís would be safer to stay away.
More is more.
And for what itís worth I appreciate his input, regardless of the product honestly.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1656 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2019, 252life wrote:
Peteís just trying to be decent, helpful, and honest is my impression.
Iíd hate for him, in the future, to not get involved in a (any) project because itís would be safer to stay away.
More is more.
And for what itís worth I appreciate his input, regardless of the product honestly.


Totally agree. Fwiw, my device works perfectly, memorizing whatís on the device b*****s is a wihole other story
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
943 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2019, 252life wrote:
Peteís just trying to be decent, helpful, and honest is my impression.
Iíd hate for him, in the future, to not get involved in a (any) project because itís would be safer to stay away.
More is more.
And for what itís worth I appreciate his input, regardless of the product honestly.


Yeah, I considered that as well and it certainly is a valid point. Of course when Pete adds his insights and creativity that is a good thing always... I just feel that itís a slippery slope to get involved in something that caused so many problems for so many people. I mean from Eís point of view getting Pete in on this IS a marketing-stunt, even though Pete feels he is helping out. Does that make sense?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
896 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2019, 252life wrote:
Peteís just trying to be decent, helpful, and honest is my impression.
Iíd hate for him, in the future, to not get involved in a (any) project because itís would be safer to stay away.
More is more.
And for what itís worth I appreciate his input, regardless of the product honestly.


Yeah, I considered that as well and it certainly is a valid point. Of course when Pete adds his insights and creativity that is a good thing always... I just feel that itís a slippery slope to get involved in something that caused so many problems for so many people. I mean from Eís point of view getting Pete in on this IS a marketing-stunt, even though Pete feels he is helping out. Does that make sense?


It totally makes sense!
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1616 Posts

Profile of 252life
I get where youíre coming from, my units faulty.
But, It looks like Eís trying to rectify things (guess Iíll know for sure when I return mine for a replacement lol).
And if Pete wants to help things along, Iím good with that.
I think he's bound to be a hugely positive influence on that company.
Iím just a bit worried that he may be reluctant to get involved in these situations if he feels it will bring him grief.
Worse case scenario, his input didnít make my unit work any worse lol.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2019, Peter_turner wrote:
I donít use electronics, I donít advocate them - Id go as far as saying over indulgence makes people lazy. Ellusionist (or any company) couldnít pay me enough to change my opinion.
Pete x


Hey Pete,

Thanks for replying. I think you are a man of your word, so I believe your statement on your marketing being different. Good to know. Based on your statement above I would strongly advise you to not get involved in this product then, as you don't use it or advocate it. Stay out, especially since it's been a big mess since its release. If you are -in a way-endorsing it by appearing in a video that supports this, you will be held accountable for the quality of the product as well. And rightfully so, I think. You're in or you're out, know what I mean? This is all said with full respect. And of course you're a free man. So you can do whatever the *&^@ you want.



Iím going to have to agree. With the way that most of the customers of console I know, share similar views on the product and customer service as I do, I can only see this Not going well.. Iím hoping that Mr Turner joining the team will eventually regain my attention for their products. Change is a good thing in this case.
But this specific product is out matched imo. And it wouldnt matter who were to support/endorse it in this form.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1656 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2019, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2019, Peter_turner wrote:
I donít use electronics, I donít advocate them - Id go as far as saying over indulgence makes people lazy. Ellusionist (or any company) couldnít pay me enough to change my opinion.
Pete x


Hey Pete,

Thanks for replying. I think you are a man of your word, so I believe your statement on your marketing being different. Good to know. Based on your statement above I would strongly advise you to not get involved in this product then, as you don't use it or advocate it. Stay out, especially since it's been a big mess since its release. If you are -in a way-endorsing it by appearing in a video that supports this, you will be held accountable for the quality of the product as well. And rightfully so, I think. You're in or you're out, know what I mean? This is all said with full respect. And of course you're a free man. So you can do whatever the *&^@ you want.



Iím going to have to agree. With the way that most of the customers of console I know, share similar views on the product and customer service as I do, I can only see this Not going well.. Iím hoping that Mr Turner joining the team will eventually regain my attention for their products. Change is a good thing in this case.
But this specific product is out matched imo. And it wouldnt matter who were to support/endorse it in this form.


Please know Lonnie that you donít speak for everyone; Iíve used my device a few times and itís worked perfectly every time.
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1313 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
My position at Ellusionist is nothing to do with helping other artists - I donít even know what products Ellusionist have or havenít filmed or who they are working with thatís not my area of expertise. Each person has a specific skill set that fits their role in the company. Iíve clearly stated Iím not a camera man or an editor and thatís not what my involvement in the company is.

I was heading to London to do some work (outside of Ellusionist) and ďIĒ called Mark Lemon and asked him if ďIĒ could shoot the project because of some of the posts I had read here. I delivered the project to Ellusionist as it is - They NEVER asked me to deliver it, I didnít do it for marketing purposes and we are free to do what we decide creatively at Ellusionist they give us room to breath. This is me breathing and my choice, not Ellusionistís - from a marketing perspective it doesnít make sense anyway? Surely itís better to spend time marketing the ďlatest and greatestĒ than something thatís been commercially available for months.

In regards to someone mentioning me releasing my products, anything I release will retain the same quality people have become accustomed to there will be no change - except the camera work will be better and because I wonít be filming/ editing it I have time to focus on the smaller/ finer details I might have overlooked.

Donít instantly assume everyoneís intentions are the same, Iíve worked with many companies over the years and this has been by far my best experience. The staff are great, they are all creative and I come away feeling inspired every time we have a meeting. Itís refreshing. Iím giving an opinion from an educated perspective about the team and their intentions as Iím part of the meetings and I can see their intentions. Have an opinion about the product, what you like, what you donít like and what you think should change - even if you hate this thatís fair also, but assuming intention when you donít know the people involved or their marketing strategies doesnít even logically make sense.

Everything I said about Mark Lemon is 100% true also.

Iíve just returned from Taipei today, so Iím going to nap. Jet lagged.

Pete x
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1313 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2019, 252life wrote:
I get where youíre coming from, my units faulty.
But, It looks like Eís trying to rectify things (guess Iíll know for sure when I return mine for a replacement lol).
And if Pete wants to help things along, Iím good with that.
I think he's bound to be a hugely positive influence on that company.
Iím just a bit worried that he may be reluctant to get involved in these situations if he feels it will bring him grief.
Worse case scenario, his input didnít make my unit work any worse lol.


Thanks, this is my intention in a nutshell. Iím here to help in anyway I can. We are all here (all posters in this thread) for the same thing, to share and perform amazing experiences for our audiences. Ellusionist have offered replacement units to people who have faulty units, I know they want this running smoothly for everyone. Iíd love to hear from someone whoís received theirs.

Pete x
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1616 Posts

Profile of 252life
People familiar with you over the years know where youíre coming from Pete.
Thx again
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2019, dooblehorn wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2019, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2019, Peter_turner wrote:
I donít use electronics, I donít advocate them - Id go as far as saying over indulgence makes people lazy. Ellusionist (or any company) couldnít pay me enough to change my opinion.
Pete x


Hey Pete,

Thanks for replying. I think you are a man of your word, so I believe your statement on your marketing being different. Good to know. Based on your statement above I would strongly advise you to not get involved in this product then, as you don't use it or advocate it. Stay out, especially since it's been a big mess since its release. If you are -in a way-endorsing it by appearing in a video that supports this, you will be held accountable for the quality of the product as well. And rightfully so, I think. You're in or you're out, know what I mean? This is all said with full respect. And of course you're a free man. So you can do whatever the *&^@ you want.



Iím going to have to agree. With the way that most of the customers of console I know, share similar views on the product and customer service as I do, I can only see this Not going well.. Iím hoping that Mr Turner joining the team will eventually regain my attention for their products. Change is a good thing in this case.
But this specific product is out matched imo. And it wouldnt matter who were to support/endorse it in this form.


Please know Lonnie that you donít speak for everyone; Iíve used my device a few times and itís worked perfectly every time.


Thankfully my comment spoke about people I know. You and I donít know each other, so I was in no way referring to your experience. Which would make sense for my comment. You also may be one of the very few and rare who got a decent device.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (256 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..33~34~35~36 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.38 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL