We Remember The Magic Cafť We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (219 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..32~33~34 [Next]
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of makulit974
Hello Nikita,
I just tried with Cyrillic alphabet and it does not seem to work 😕
Nikita
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Nikita
Hello makulit974
That's sad.
Thank you so much for the info!
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1611 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Got the app today and previously preordered the console device. App on my iPhone is fantastic. A couple of things I noticed:

1. For the tutorial video, between 5 minute and six minute mark, there's no audio. It's the portion describing the cal******r method.

2. Also cannot do anything with post it note selfie or lottery selfie routines...cannot take selfie, nothing seems to work, as though they are locked..
Are those effects unavailable before receiving the console device? Or is my app defective? Or do I have something set wrong?
gamma105
View Profile
Regular user
City of Evil
147 Posts

Profile of gamma105
Looks promising, I plunged and ordered. Got a question about the Polaroid Zink. I went on YouTube to see how it works, thereís printing noise, how do you minimize it?
doktorp
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of doktorp
Review of ďThe ConsoleĒ

The App
After two updates, the app works now. Some more testing would have been nice, before releasing it. It would be nice, to have more routines in the future. For some routines, it would be enough to input two letters or 3 numbers, to keep the input time short. All in all, the app works as promised.

The Device/Hardware
The device is small. It can be palmed easily. Iím not happy with the build quality. It seems that the development has stopped at 80% or so. The way of pushing the buttons is too long and the pressing is too hard/inaccurate. I would have preferred a click as feedback. On half of the device, the circuit board is open and not protected. I think, that sweat and humidity arenít the best for it. The edges of the circuit board are very rough and I had to file them down. There is no charging cable included. The input works, but due to the inaccurate buttons, you are never really sure, if you had pressed enough or not.

Conclusion
Overall, the device and the app are okay. Not more. I was hoping for more. I would have rather spent another US$ 50 for a finished product with precise buttons and a protected board.
Result: 6 Points of 10
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2851 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks for the informative review doktorp , best wishes Gaz 🙂
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1611 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I guess Iíll just go ahead and get a refund from the App Store
Yepski
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Yepski
Doktorp, thank you for sharing your honest opinion
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2672 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2019, dooblehorn wrote:

Come on, 1 review and you want to get a refund already?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
gamma105
View Profile
Regular user
City of Evil
147 Posts

Profile of gamma105
Thanks for the review doktorp. I donít like the idea of exposed circuit boards. Will request a refund
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1425 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
I have to agree the device looks like something that could be knocked up for wayyy less than £100.
The app does its purpose for me but no way would I pay for the remote.

As I mentioned earlier the cheap bluetooth remote I got for Inject works fine.
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Loyal user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
208 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2019, Nikita wrote:
Read the thread and checked the website, but still can't find the answer - does Console work only in English?

How about languages like German, Danish, Swedish and others with their special extra letters?
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1611 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2019, lunatik wrote:
Quote:

Lol! All is good, forgot to choose selfie option, and didnít know or forgot to click the camera icon, doh!
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Lol! All is good, forgot to choose selfie option, and didnít know or forgot to click the camera icon, doh!

If you have questions about the device or other effects, I would recommend contacting Mark. He has answered every email Iíve sent to him. He seems to have more time to answer questions about the effect than the ones who created the app. Minus G. Heís answered the questions Iíve asked. My review should be coming shortly after the weekend.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2672 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

hehehe
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1067 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Totally agree with Doktorp for nearly a hundred quid surely a more professional device could have been supplied WTF ?? A dodgy looking circuit board half covered in heat shrink insulation with unresponsive buttons.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1067 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
And another thing calling it a ďConsole ď thatís a joke
sOnrisemagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of sOnrisemagic
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2019, doktorp wrote:
Review of ďThe ConsoleĒ

The App
After two updates, the app works now. Some more testing would have been nice, before releasing it. It would be nice, to have more routines in the future. For some routines, it would be enough to input two letters or 3 numbers, to keep the input time short. All in all, the app works as promised.

The Device/Hardware
The device is small. It can be palmed easily. Iím not happy with the build quality. It seems that the development has stopped at 80% or so. The way of pushing the buttons is too long and the pressing is too hard/inaccurate. I would have preferred a click as feedback. On half of the device, the circuit board is open and not protected. I think, that sweat and humidity arenít the best for it. The edges of the circuit board are very rough and I had to file them down. There is no charging cable included. The input works, but due to the inaccurate buttons, you are never really sure, if you had pressed enough or not.

Conclusion
Overall, the device and the app are okay. Not more. I was hoping for more. I would have rather spent another US$ 50 for a finished product with precise buttons and a protected board.
Result: 6 Points of 10

I agree 100% with this
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2813 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I am here to make your lives easier...the app is worth 50 bucks...I bought the app in the google play store...I do not own the actual console device. However I was able to hook up a regular bluetooth keyboard...and I was able to type words & numbers without having to press same button up to 4 times...the only downside is that you would probably need a helper to do so. They make small keyboards but you'd have to be a better typist than I. Ellusionist will probably have this post removed, but I DO recommend the app.

Nathan
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3569 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Doktorpís review is very accurate and jives with my experience.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (219 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..32~33~34 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL