We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (219 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20..32~33~34 [Next]
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4444 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Can only echo what others have said. I've had it for 3-4 days now and so far have just purely practiced it, not shown anyone else yet. The app works as it should, instructions are clear and the method and routines are strong in my opinion. I do agree, the 'Console' itself isn't attractive to look at. And the hardest thing I have found practicing, if you don't press the button right in the middle and down hard enough, the phone doesn't recognise you have pressed it. I would have much preferred a solid plastic button rather than a rubber button and would like a click to know the actual press of the button has registered. The biggest issue here, is even with vibrate on so you know the letter has been input, if you miss just one perfect press, the vibrate will still come through that a letter has been input, but it could be the wrong letter.

In conclusion, had the Console itself been built a little better I think it would be a fantastic product. I also agree with an earlier comment made, I would have paid more for a better quality gimmick
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2672 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Thank you all that have chimed in. A lot of people who's unbiased opinions hold a lot of weight in my book. I'm curious as to what the creator and E has to say about it? Maybe a v2 will be coming soon? With the amount of people chiming in about the same issues, it's pretty much a wrap. I'd like to know if the creator or E would take back our Consoles to be replaced with a better quality gimmick?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1067 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2019, lunatik wrote:
Thank you all that have chimed in. A lot of people who's unbiased opinions hold a lot of weight in my book. I'm curious as to what the creator and E has to say about it? Maybe a v2 will be coming soon? With the amount of people chiming in about the same issues, it's pretty much a wrap. I'd like to know if the creator or E would take back our Consoles to be replaced with a better quality gimmick?

I have contacted Mark Lemon for a refund as it is too unreliable
Purchased mine directly from him
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2672 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Likewise. I have yet to receive it, but should be arriving soon. I know we shouldn't have to, but I wonder if it can be fixed on my end to work easily? Probably not, but if a v2 isn't coming out, I think what it's designed to do has some really amazing potential and I'd like to use it. But I'm definitely not electronically inclined so I'm probably out of luck!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7326 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Rubber buttons ala ZX Spectrum keyboard? Unbelievable.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2304 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Glad I waited on this. I don’t like how this pre order works now days. Rush to make and you end up with crapy idems.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Ohhhhh man....... I want to add some other things here for future purchasers. But I’m going to wait until my device is delivered to me. I think my review will shed some light on something’s I feel need to be known to those that will or want to buy console. My mail-lady needs to hurry up today lol.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7326 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2019, MR Effecto wrote:
Glad I waited on this. I don’t like how this pre order works now days. Rush to make and you end up with crapy idems.

The penny drops.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1613 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Oh man, the app is great but now wish I had not bought the device, which is still coming
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
682 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Ouch.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1119 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
So can the app do impressive enough things to justify getting the app alone? (Even if using a Bluetooth controller sometime in the future which some seem to have suggested?)
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1613 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Owning this, CUPP Lite and TAP, while this is good, the others are better. Cost varies greatly between the 3, though.
Tap, $79, CUPP Lite 59 Euros, Console $50
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I got the app. The “problem” so to speak with the app alone is that you need a partner entering info on the phone or a keyboard or you need the controller on your person to do the trick solo. There does not appear to be a secret way for a solo performing to enter the data directly on the phone. The closest competing app is TAP or the architect of predictions. That has similar but more customizable features where a photo has data entered into it and then data show up in the picture similar to Console. TAP can be performed solo because the data that will be entered into the picture is entered into a fake password screen. The phone could be handed to the spectator and you tell them the password which you have calculated based on the data that you want in the photo and they “unlock” the phone and check the photo themselves. The disadvantages of that app are it is not hardwired to work with an external controller the way Console is and it does not have a feature to auto send to a printer.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4108 Posts

Profile of videoman
GC has suddenly gotten very quiet once reviews began showing up, even though he’s spending a lot of time on here talking about his other effect.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
The Console app does have a way to enter the information so that it can be performed solo. But as far as I can see, it’s only for the lottery effect. Which uses a cal*****or to input that info. I think I may be buying TAP solely for this type of effect. I’d like to give more information on Console, unfortunately I’m going to wait it out a little longer. But for those that are unsatisfied about the device, I’m starting to get a little worried now. To each their own though. I should be getting mine within the next couple of days.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1613 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2019, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:
The Console app does have a way to enter the information so that it can be performed solo. But as far as I can see, it’s only for the lottery effect. Which uses a cal*****or to input that info. I think I may be buying TAP solely for this type of effect. I’d like to give more information on Console, unfortunately I’m going to wait it out a little longer. But for those that are unsatisfied about the device, I’m starting to get a little worried now. To each their own though. I should be getting mine within the next couple of days.

Me too and also worried
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
682 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2019, videoman wrote:
GC has suddenly gotten very quiet once reviews began showing up, even though he’s spending a lot of time on here talking about his other effect.

This.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
gamma105
View Profile
Regular user
City of Evil
147 Posts

Profile of gamma105
Ellusionist better address the button and exposed circuit board issues immediately. I still can’t believe why would they leave parts of the board exposed?! is it because of the Bluetooth range?
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7326 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2019, gamma105 wrote:
Ellusionist better address the button and exposed circuit board issues immediately. I still can’t believe why would they leave parts of the board exposed?! is it because of the Bluetooth range?

Or because they were cheaper?
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2019, videoman wrote:

This.

Sorry, I was dealing with my trick release yesterday. I'm sure you can imagine I was busy and now it's the weekend. But I'm happy to help.

- G
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (219 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20..32~33~34 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL