The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (265 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25~26~27..35~36~37 [Next]
DadMagic
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of DadMagic
Regarding bluetooth: Haven't Wikitest performers used bluetooth for watch peek hundreds, maybe thousands, maybe tens of thousands of times? Don't millions of cars and phones been paired and use it for years to play music and transmit map data and driving instructions? But its "unreliable" ? Weird...I guess we should get rid of it! Certainly problematic if a few people couldn't figure it out...obviously not a problem between the chair and keyboard...must be the tech!
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2019, lunatik wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2019, lunatik wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2019, Chanku wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
The only thing I would add is if you take this device out of it’s hidden place and put it in the palm of your hand . Does every button you press work flawlessly every single time without compromise using a finger of your other hand ?
If the answers is yes you require more practice in the hidden position , if it’s no the device is defective or poorly designed imho Gaz 🙂

The consistency has got nothing to do with the position of the device. It just doesn’t work the way it’s supposed to on a consistent basis.

I now have the device and it definitely doesn’t function the same way as he demos in the instructions. Transitioning from one button to another doesn’t always register when selecting a different letter. Lemon is able to seamlessly go from one group of letters to the next with zero issues. I cannot do the same.
As for practice, the only practice needed is remembering which button you need to push to get to the letter you want. It should not be pushing a button numerous times to get it to register that you’re pushing it. Sometimes I’ve had to push it 9 times to get it to realize that I was pushing it.

If I can get mine to work like his, this device will be amazing. I just got a bad one I think and will email him.

Push harder. Duh. Trolololol Smile

Also, just to clarify buttons and their pricing. Mechanical microswitches are more expensive than conductive rubber/silicone buttons. Period. Unless you are comparing a bottom of the barrel quality microswitch with a top of the line conductive rubber/silicone button, the microswitch is more expensive and more reliable whilst still operational (they can fail a little more than the conductive rubber/silicone buttons BUT prior to failure, they are more precise and accurate, there's NO mis-press with a microswitch since each button is it's own microswitch).

In fact, the conductive rubber/silicone buttons are more prone to being faulty and failure than the mechanical microswitch. If you get a quality microswitch, it will outlast that conductive rubber/silicone button. These are facts and is the reason why gaming peripherals like controllers have both gone up in price significantly AS WELL as adopted microswitches instead of the conductive rubber/silicone buttons. They've gone higher quality and the price as adjusted upwards along with the improved quality. Arcade buttons have mainly been using mechanical microswitches, they are some of the most highly abused buttons in existence yet have proven time and time again to be highly reliable and long lasting.

I was pushing enough that Salt n Peppa walked in the room and started singing lol

Push it! Push it real good. 💃 💃 💃
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2019, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, ArtIn wrote:
Did you saw those performances in person? Did you talked to the spectators witnessing those?

Seriously, I will not argue with you and your opinion based on stranger experiences or unconfirmed reports.
I own console (the whole kit) and have (own) experience with app mentalism.
I don’t care if you choose to ignore the obvious.

In the tutorial for the lottery prediction (the one you don’t know about yet) it is even explained with the camera roll outcome (without showing a physical photo).
So it is even more direct and explainable. The laziest and easiest way is not always the best or most sufficient.
No offense meant but I don’t understand people like you on the Café.
You keep talking about products (you possibly might never purchase or own) and obviously unfunded opinions.
I will stop here as I noticed you arguing with a lot of users in the past.
Have a nice day.

Typical paranoid performer. Lol.

Nope, just someone who cares about what he is doing and how it will be perceived.
I mean you don’t even own it.... 🤦‍♂️

I guess it is different for everyone. If you perform this as shown with your business card and trying to get them to hit your birthday, and use the 'backdate photo' method, they will have no clue. This is the only effect I have performed via Console so far (albeit no Console device used) and it went down a storm. The backdating of the photo leaves them baffled as to them it eliminates the thought you have done something sneaky. And imo, if you are arousing suspicion from your spectator just because you have input some numbers into the calculator app then there could be an issue with the presentation. The idea is you put a prediction down on the table, ask for a bunch of numbers which go into the calculator, and the result is meant to match your prediction. It doesn't but you use the calculator result is seen as another date, which happens to have a photo in your phone of you holding a lottery ticket.

I guess it's horses for courses, but I think it is great
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2710 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2019, DadMagic wrote:
Regarding bluetooth: Haven't Wikitest performers used bluetooth for watch peek hundreds, maybe thousands, maybe tens of thousands of times? Don't millions of cars and phones been paired and use it for years to play music and transmit map data and driving instructions? But its "unreliable" ? Weird...I guess we should get rid of it! Certainly problematic if a few people couldn't figure it out...obviously not a problem between the chair and keyboard...must be the tech!

The fact that millions of people use it doesn't mean it never malfunctions. Ask Oz Pearlman, John Archer, etc...
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
This is what I wrote in the Facebook Console group yesterday and today if someone cares Smile

The Console remote arrived today. I'm using an Android phone, an old Samsung 4. The phone Bluetooth connection worked, but in the global settings in the Condole App it says 'Disconnected'.

And the phones keyboards pop up when the Console device is connected. If it helps to understand the problem, I have disconnected all other Bluetooth devices. I have cleared the internal settings in the Console Remote as Mark demonstrates in the instructions. The input from the remote works, but sometimes it jumps over a letter or digit now and then, even when I put it on a table flat an press very accurate from above. and by the way, when the remote is on there is a steady blue light, and a flashing red with thre flashes, paus, then three flashes, paus, and so on.

I have set the device keyboard to "English, US.

Well, I think this is all for the moment!

- - - -

To continue…

As I see it, the Bluetooth connection between my phone and the Console Remote is not stable. The phone itself finds the remote, but the Console App Global setting says "Disconnected" and the phones own keyboards does not disappear when the remote is on.
(The app works ok with the phones own keyboard when I don't try to use the Console Remote.)

I have never experienced this with my other Bluetooth devices. My smartwatches work perfectly. No problem with my newly added Fossil Hybrid Smartwatch. My Bluetooth speakers perform flawlessly, and so do my photo remotes. Not to mention my Samsung smart TV.
And even if my phone is not the newest model, all other apps works with no problems. Both magic apps and other.
The NOW app, Photo Psychology, among many others worked with no problem.

I have Android 5.0.1, so it's updated all right!

Any suggestions? I'm considering sending back the Console Remote to Mark (I got from him directly) for a checkup, or refund or what...?

So, Mark Lemon, Will Jones, Ellusionist... Help!!!
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2710 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
That sucks. Smile
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2019, Thomas Walter wrote:

Any suggestions? I'm considering sending back the Console Remote to Mark (I got from him directly) for a checkup, or refund or what...?

Well you are using a version of android that is now over 5 years old and classed as old version

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history

I have 9.00 but even if you get a 2nd Hand phone with 7.00 I am sure you will get better results

Most Phone Systems 2-3 Years is the max you can expect
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2019, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:

Well you are using a version of android that is now over 5 years old and classed as old version

I have 9.00 but even if you get a 2nd Hand phone with 7.00 I am sure you will get better results

The phone doesn't matter, it is the Bluetooth send from the Console Remote that disconnect after a minute or so.
I have the latest Android update and the Bluetooth 5.0.1.
All other modern apps and newest Bluetooth devices work without problems.
And the Console app works perfectly when I use th phone keyboard.
It is the Bluetooth signal from the remote that fails.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2019, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:

The phone doesn't matter, it is the Bluetooth send from the Console Remote that disconnect after a minute or so.

One of two possibilities here. The BT radio on the device may be faulty OR it could be firmware related (on the Console, not your phone, I say this because clearly all other BT devices work fine with your phone, it's just the Console that doesn't).
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
This is what I wrote in the Facebook Console group yesterday and today if someone cares Smile

The Console remote arrived today. I'm using an Android phone, an old Samsung 4. The phone Bluetooth connection worked, but in the global settings in the Condole App it says 'Disconnected'.

And the phones keyboards pop up when the Console device is connected. If it helps to understand the problem, I have disconnected all other Bluetooth devices. I have cleared the internal settings in the Console Remote as Mark demonstrates in the instructions. The input from the remote works, but sometimes it jumps over a letter or digit now and then, even when I put it on a table flat an press very accurate from above. and by the way, when the remote is on there is a steady blue light, and a flashing red with thre flashes, paus, then three flashes, paus, and so on.

I have set the device keyboard to "English, US.

Well, I think this is all for the moment!

- - - -

To continue…

As I see it, the Bluetooth connection between my phone and the Console Remote is not stable. The phone itself finds the remote, but the Console App Global setting says "Disconnected" and the phones own keyboards does not disappear when the remote is on.
(The app works ok with the phones own keyboard when I don't try to use the Console Remote.)

I have never experienced this with my other Bluetooth devices. My smartwatches work perfectly. No problem with my newly added Fossil Hybrid Smartwatch. My Bluetooth speakers perform flawlessly, and so do my photo remotes. Not to mention my Samsung smart TV.
And even if my phone is not the newest model, all other apps works with no problems. Both magic apps and other.
The NOW app, Photo Psychology, among many others worked with no problem.

I've linked Will into this (sent him this thread) as it's above my technical knowledge.

Don't forget, we are ALWAYS available via support@ellusionist.com. - Those emails are always answered and nothing gets missed (as apposed to the odd forum post, we can't read everything publicly written.

Cheers,

- G
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:

Quote:
One of two possibilities here. The BT radio on the device may be faulty OR it could be firmware related (on the Console, not your phone, I say this because clearly all other BT devices work fine with your phone, it's just the Console that doesn't).

Yes, that's what I think, too. After about a minute a message pops up and says something like: "Not possible to connect to..." and a Bluetooth adress number follows. Unfortunately the number vanish after a few seconds so it is no possible to take a note of it but the message is clear! Smile
Now I just have to find Mark's home address in the UK to send it back to him for either another working device, or a refund.

That is sad, I really like this. I would like to use more than the Lotto Selfie effekt using the phonr calculator force.

And $95 plus postage is a lot of money in my world and purse! Smile
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2019, GeraintClarke wrote:
I've linked Will into this (sent him this thread) as it's above my technical knowledge.

Don't forget, we are ALWAYS available via support@ellusionist.com. - Those emails are always answered and nothing gets missed (as apposed to the odd forum post, we can't read everything publicly written.

Cheers,

- G

Great! Thanks!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Soooo. Is the lotto effect using the calc input method worth the price of the app? iOS by the way.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Soooo. Is the lotto effect using the calc input method worth the price of the app? iOS by the way.

I’d say it was mate the few times I’ve done it I’ve have had great reactions
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2019, cardbiker wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2019, pegasus wrote:

I’d say it was mate the few times I’ve done it I’ve have had great reactions

Thanks. Can you confirm iOS app? I’ve heard some negative feedback for iOS?
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Yes iOS had no problems app only didn’t rate the Console unit
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Roger that. Thank you.
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2019, cardbiker wrote:
Yes iOS had no problems app only didn’t rate the Console unit

No problem with the Android app either.
The problem starts when Bluetooth Remote and sometimes the printer are added.

First you pay about $50 for the app, then more than $100 for the Remote (shipping added, remember) a printer, that's another $100, and then you're supposed to take screenshots, send in crash reports, videos etc. etc, to maybe get updates, maybe, maybe!! just to make it work!

I have already payed more than $250!!! For that I want a working product!!!!
Why wasn't this tested properly before release??

I mean, really! Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I was never going to risk buying all 3 together and only the app once it had been road-tested by you poor beta testers.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Can’t find it on the Apple App Store. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (265 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25~26~27..35~36~37 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL