The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (186 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..24~25~26~27~28~29~30 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4077 Posts

Profile of videoman
It's in the app store, look for Console by Mark Lemon.
My question is...do you get any kind of tutorial video with just the app purchase?
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2112 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Yes we have a separate video for the routines that can be done without the Console device.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3818 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2019, pegasus wrote:
I was never going to risk buying all 3 together and only the app once it had been road-tested by you poor beta testers.


Seems like since the app will only allow you to perform a lottery routine with it sans Console device, why not just use Cipher and have a lottery ticket just in your wallet at all times?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2776 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Or ithump which is different gravy altogether Gaz 🙂
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Canít find it on the Apple App Store. Smile



Console by Mark Lemon.
As for is the lottery effect worth it. I think that varies per person. I personally wouldnít pay 50$ only to have one effect. Although it will hit big. And remind you that youíll have to get past the date of June 14 2017 that CANT be changed on the American version. For 30$ more, TAP allows just about anything to be predicted. Although Iím not entirely sure if you can do a lottery effect with it.

Iím on the fence about getting TAP. Only to compare the two. I imagine TAP as a whole product, is miles ahead of console.
Johnsypoppins
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Johnsypoppins
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2019, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:
Iím on the fence about getting TAP. Only to compare the two. I imagine TAP as a whole product, is miles ahead of console.


If you think Control is good then you should definitely check out TAP as itís on a whole other level.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4077 Posts

Profile of videoman
The remote (assuming it works reliably) and the printer are both very nice, and some folks may consider those items deal breakers as far as preferring Console over TAP.
But TAP is light years beyond as far as customization goes. People are figuring out all kinds of ways of revealing multiple things in the same photo.

But similar to Inject, having so many options can be a tad overwhelming and it can linger while you figure out what you wish to do and how best to accomplish it.
There is something to be said about being given a template and essentially being told what your choices are and learning to make the most of those.

But...so many cool things are being shared on the TAP FB group that it is kind of like having an endless supply of templates. But again, with so many to choose from it can often be difficult deciding which ones you want to do. There are some brilliantly creative ideas there.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2019, videoman wrote:
The remote (assuming it works reliably) and the printer are both very nice, and some folks may consider those items deal breakers as far as preferring Console over TAP.
But TAP is light years beyond as far as customization goes. People are figuring out all kinds of ways of revealing multiple things in the same photo.

But similar to Inject, having so many options can be a tad overwhelming and it can linger while you figure out what you wish to do and how best to accomplish it.
There is something to be said about being given a template and essentially being told what your choices are and learning to make the most of those.

But...so many cool things are being shared on the TAP FB group that it is kind of like having an endless supply of templates. But again, with so many to choose from it can often be difficult deciding which ones you want to do. There are some brilliantly creative ideas there.



This comment may have just made me purchase TAP. Since I already own PP, I can only think that TAP is PP on steroids. And Iíll admit, having only a few choices to choose from can get old. I prefer to be able to mix up predictions using photos.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1414 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Just a heads up.
Michael Murray has shared his TAP, UK Lottery effect v2 and it is great.
I now have 3 options for the lottery.
Cipher and real lotto ticket, Console and Tap.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4443 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I have to say I am close to calling it quits with the Console device. I am still just at a stage of practicing with the notes app in my phone, coming up with 3-4 letter random words and spelling them without looking at the phone. I am normally only out by one letter and it is almost always the exact same thing, it is the letter before the letter I need (will make sense to people who have it). I have studied what I do and tried to work out what it is, and it is literally just the thumb on the buttons. If the button isn't pressed completely straight down from above, it doesn't register the press. If your thumb comes at the button at even slightly off centre and doesn't press completely straight down, you are opening yourself up for trouble.

Having reached out to Mark previously I understand why he uses these buttons, however I still now believe a solid button would have worked better. A remote similar to that for Joao Miranda's 'The Watch' product I feel would have been perfect for this. Would have allowed you to do single buttons for numbers, and would have the same layout as an old school phone input. Sounds really stupid and small, but you do have to retrain your mind to the fact it is 6 buttons instead of 9 as an old Nokia 3310 for example layout is so button presses are different to what your brain is used to using if you ever used a button press system to input letters.

I will give it another week or so of practice, which is a shame as I really like the app and the effects achievable, it is just the device I do not have confidence to use in front of a paying audience
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2776 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Excellent insight Christopher as ever , it makes perfect sense what you say Gaz 🙂
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2668 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2019, Christopher Williams wrote:
I have to say I am close to calling it quits with the Console device. I am still just at a stage of practicing with the notes app in my phone, coming up with 3-4 letter random words and spelling them without looking at the phone. I am normally only out by one letter and it is almost always the exact same thing, it is the letter before the letter I need (will make sense to people who have it). I have studied what I do and tried to work out what it is, and it is literally just the thumb on the buttons. If the button isn't pressed completely straight down from above, it doesn't register the press. If your thumb comes at the button at even slightly off centre and doesn't press completely straight down, you are opening yourself up for trouble.

Having reached out to Mark previously I understand why he uses these buttons, however I still now believe a solid button would have worked better. A remote similar to that for Joao Miranda's 'The Watch' product I feel would have been perfect for this. Would have allowed you to do single buttons for numbers, and would have the same layout as an old school phone input. Sounds really stupid and small, but you do have to retrain your mind to the fact it is 6 buttons instead of 9 as an old Nokia 3310 for example layout is so button presses are different to what your brain is used to using if you ever used a button press system to input letters.

I will give it another week or so of practice, which is a shame as I really like the app and the effects achievable, it is just the device I do not have confidence to use in front of a paying audience


this is exactly what I am experiencing. Mark is sending me a replacement unit and I'll know pretty quickly whether or not it was the unit or my ability to press directly down on the button or not. I'm praying that it's the former. But now reading about your experience, it may be me.
If it is me, I'm not sure that I'll be able to practice enough to be able to pull it off with confidence, accuracy and success. I am so sad if not, I wonder if anything can be done to the current console to make it work easily?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Loyal user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
207 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2019, lunatik wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2019, Christopher Williams wrote:
I have to say I am close to calling it quits with the Console device. I am still just at a stage of practicing with the notes app in my phone, coming up with 3-4 letter random words and spelling them without looking at the phone. I am normally only out by one letter and it is almost always the exact same thing, it is the letter before the letter I need (will make sense to people who have it). I have studied what I do and tried to work out what it is, and it is literally just the thumb on the buttons. If the button isn't pressed completely straight down from above, it doesn't register the press. If your thumb comes at the button at even slightly off centre and doesn't press completely straight down, you are opening yourself up for trouble.

Having reached out to Mark previously I understand why he uses these buttons, however I still now believe a solid button would have worked better. A remote similar to that for Joao Miranda's 'The Watch' product I feel would have been perfect for this. Would have allowed you to do single buttons for numbers, and would have the same layout as an old school phone input. Sounds really stupid and small, but you do have to retrain your mind to the fact it is 6 buttons instead of 9 as an old Nokia 3310 for example layout is so button presses are different to what your brain is used to using if you ever used a button press system to input letters.

I will give it another week or so of practice, which is a shame as I really like the app and the effects achievable, it is just the device I do not have confidence to use in front of a paying audience


this is exactly what I am experiencing. Mark is sending me a replacement unit and I'll know pretty quickly whether or not it was the unit or my ability to press directly down on the button or not. I'm praying that it's the former. But now reading about your experience, it may be me.
If it is me, I'm not sure that I'll be able to practice enough to be able to pull it off with confidence, accuracy and success. I am so sad if not, I wonder if anything can be done to the current console to make it work easily?


This is also my experiences. But I am suspecting that it also has something to do with the Bluetooth signal from the remote to the phone. Or maybe to the app itself. Maybe the buttons are not so much guilty.
Mark is a very concerning guy, he answered my email very quickly and he is also sending me another gadget to test.
Very good service!
Thanks Mark!
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4443 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Played with it a bit more today. If I don't try and 'conceal' the device as taught in like a finger p**m position, and hold it as if it is a TV remove, it is a lot more accurate, not still 10000% as I kept trying to put a K in earlier and it wouldn't put up anything other than an I which confused the hell out of me! I think it is just when holding it the way shown, and your thumb has to come across the button, as in my last post, the angle of the thumb means unless you are flat on top of the button, then it doesn't always register. I won't say it fails every single time, but when performing an effect like this, there is no room for error sadly. Get the wrong word/mis-spell the word and you look an absolute plonker!

The only thing that can change this is different buttons. I appreciate Mark may have used this thousands of times, but I've had it for a few weeks now and I still am not confident at my ability to press a button where I can show someone, and the task is very simple... press a button, but when pressing the button isn't reliable not just for myself, but clearly plenty more, I hope E or Mark look at this
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2668 Posts

Profile of lunatik
If not, they will have a TON of returns which would be unfortunate for such an awesome idea!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3818 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2019, Christopher Williams wrote:
Played with it a bit more today. If I don't try and 'conceal' the device as taught in like a finger p**m position, and hold it as if it is a TV remove, it is a lot more accurate, not still 10000% as I kept trying to put a K in earlier and it wouldn't put up anything other than an I which confused the hell out of me! I think it is just when holding it the way shown, and your thumb has to come across the button, as in my last post, the angle of the thumb means unless you are flat on top of the button, then it doesn't always register. I won't say it fails every single time, but when performing an effect like this, there is no room for error sadly. Get the wrong word/mis-spell the word and you look an absolute plonker!

The only thing that can change this is different buttons. I appreciate Mark may have used this thousands of times, but I've had it for a few weeks now and I still am not confident at my ability to press a button where I can show someone, and the task is very simple... press a button, but when pressing the button isn't reliable not just for myself, but clearly plenty more, I hope E or Mark look at this


Thus microswitch >>>>>>>>>>>> conductive rubber/silicone pad buttons, it's simply way more dependable for this use case.
Juno-How
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Juno-How
I was due to receive my console from the July 10th batch, but just requested a cancellation base on what I have heard so far. As an early poster mentioned, the tiny bluetooth keyboards work with this and so I have had some time to play around with the app and it's intended use.... I say intended, because this thing has more bugs than a nature reserve... I think the idea of a simple pre-canned lottery solution like this is great, however it appears that little consideration has been given to the development/stability of the iOS app. There was no consistency around how the app would function with the same settings each time - ultimately it would let me down. As I say, I like the concept, but this has clearly been released with insufficent testing being completed. Poor show....
o.
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of o.
The TAP guys are sharing such great ideas and the app is no doubt lightyears ahead of Console. But the straight forwardness of Console in regards to printing the picture and therefore keeping complete distance to the phone or other electronic devices still excites me. Especially Michael Murray s Dead Lock combined with a physical picture of the exact numbers allows for an additional entirely offline impossible reveal.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Well, well, well...... I have finally had some issues with the deviceís reliability. As a person who once supported the device 100%, I can no longer give it my support. Maybe it was just a matter of time. But I am having the exact same issues that others have mentioned. We all know that the iOS version has more bugs than my daughters insect collection. But I did not expect to be one of the ď what seems to be overwhelming ď abundance of unhappy purchasers. There also seems to be more unsatisfied customers than satisfied ones. Bad business for sure. I came across my misfortune during a performance. I paired my device with another persons phone and tried to spell the location into their map app. It would have been fine if I were off by one letter. But to be off on every letter says ď Houston, we have a problem ď. Which turns out to be exactly what others have been saying all along. I did reach out to Mark. He attempted to trouble shoot with me as Iíve been able to record the issues. Couldnít even spell soccer. Or golf. Simple words that were once accurate. So I will offer my apologies to those that I had different views with.
Mark was suppose to get back to me a few days ago. And have not heard a word. I am not the type of person to beg anyone for help. Especially since the person is aware of the problem. The ball is now on his side of the court.
Itís also unfortunate that all the issues going on will have to wait even longer for the app users. The tech person is on vacation until the week after the Fourth of July.
Just donít know what to do at this point. Iíve tried to be patient. Iíve tried to be positive. Iíve even tried to make excuses.
Itís a sour taste for sure.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
570 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Iím really sorry to hear all this. This whole thread screams REFUND to me.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (186 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..24~25~26~27~28~29~30 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL