The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (256 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29..34~35~36 [Next]
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Console does not work. So many problems. I hope they fix it soon. I spent so much money on this. $50 for app. $100 for console device and another $100 on a printer. Iím very disappointed. So itís not getting fixed until after the holidays? Is this going to be a reoccurring problem every time Apple updates itís software? Can I get my money back?
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7495 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I would most definitely request a refund from the Apple Store and return the peripheral devices back to E.
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
I have sent an email to E for a full refund. This was a great idea but its not practical with all its problems. I really enjoyed it when it worked. Now this is useless. Sure it might get fixed after July 9th. But this cannot be counted on during a performance. Once IOS has an update the app doesnít work correctly. Iím so disappointed
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
948 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Keep us updated on how they handle your request for a refund. So that people here know what theyíre in for when they buy there. Itís our hard-earned cash and we deserve to get value for money. Iíll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7495 Posts

Profile of pegasus
So if it was working now not working, isnít that a software issue that can be fixed? Is it not worth hanging on?
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Iím just worried that after every update of IOS It might not work in the middle of a performance. I know it will be adjusted. But for how long until another update changes it again. How long before they no longer support it? Itís a great idea. Itís amazing when it works. I love the lottery trick the best. I was planning to use it this 4th of July weekend at an event but the software will not be fixed until after July 9th. Itís really a shame. I would have voted this trick of the year for 2019. But if itís unreliable then I canít use it in a real performance.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

Hudson Lee
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Hudson Lee
Has anyone on this form had complete success with the device? If no one can claim that it works 100% of the time for them, and thereís absolutely no reason any of us shouldnít return our devices and request a refund.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4449 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Still playing with it even now, and I cannot say I get 100% accuracy on every button press. Part of me feels really stupid, I mean how hard is it to press a button!? Again, I wonít say it is every time I press it that it fails, but the effect relies on you not looking at the device (which you donít need to, itís very easy to know which button is where. Without wanting to sound like a broken record, when you are required to press a button several times to get to the desired letter, and need to press those buttons within a set time frame to ensure with each press it goes to the next letter, just one mistimed press and its game over.

It frustrates me as if it worked as Mark demonstrates, 100% of the time, I would love it and use it a lot. I just donít see me ever having the confidence to use this in a paid performance, nor even showing just friends.
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2019, Christopher Williams wrote:
Still playing with it even now, and I cannot say I get 100% accuracy on every button press. Part of me feels really stupid, I mean how hard is it to press a button!? Again, I wonít say it is every time I press it that it fails, but the effect relies on you not looking at the device (which you donít need to, itís very easy to know which button is where. Without wanting to sound like a broken record, when you are required to press a button several times to get to the desired letter, and need to press those buttons within a set time frame to ensure with each press it goes to the next letter, just one mistimed press and its game over.

It frustrates me as if it worked as Mark demonstrates, 100% of the time, I would love it and use it a lot. I just donít see me ever having the confidence to use this in a paid performance, nor even showing just friends.

Iím with you on this. I feel stupid because I was defending the product when I should have listened to other purchasers. My device worked as it should. And then out of nowhere, BOOM.... not accurate at all. I can perform the lottery effect each time accurate. But thatís not why I purchased the device. I purchased it to use on other spectators phones. And as youíve already mentioned, I cannot perform this with confidence. There are two occasions that my performances have been ruined by the inaccuracies of the app and the device. Even to this day, no apologies from E for the first mess up. All that does is prevent me from any future purchases from them. ( not like it matters. Iím only one lost customer )
Any other magic distributors/companies have offered at minimum, some words or encouragement or apologies through an email or PM for the mistakes.
I had high hopes for this. And after not hearing from Mark ( whoís work Iím actually a fan of ) Iíll probably send my unit back requesting a refund. I also asked Geraint about the refund policy that Ellusionist has. And how long they honor it. Originally for a friend. And not a word back. Disappointed and unsatisfied.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3033 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Lonnie always go through PayPal and they will always refund you at a heart beat from my experience Gaz 🙂 ps the best of luck my friend
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Lonnie always go through PayPal and they will always refund you at a heart beat from my experience Gaz 🙂 ps the best of luck my friend

Thanks for that info. I wasnít aware. I actually did go through PayPal for the device with Mark. So I may be in luck. As for the app, we will see how that turns out.
gamma105
View Profile
Regular user
City of Evil
147 Posts

Profile of gamma105
I haven't received my unit yet, but getting worried from reading all of this. Personally I don't have any problems with the lottery effect and printing (IOS). on another note, I thought I read that you can put a pin drop on any location on google map on spectator's phone... is it true?
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2019, gamma105 wrote:
I haven't received my unit yet, but getting worried from reading all of this. Personally I don't have any problems with the lottery effect and printing (IOS). on another note, I thought I read that you can put a pin drop on any location on google map on spectator's phone... is it true?

Location prediction. But in order to do that, youíll need a device that is 100% reliable. Let us know when you practice inputting the information on a different phone, if itís accurate.
WillJonesMagic
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, UK
39 Posts

Profile of WillJonesMagic
Update time:

There's an update sat waiting for app review with Apple that solves the "It freezes on print" issue.
Whilst this should be reviewed and live within 48 hours, it's all down to Apple so it could be less or indeed more.

In the meantime, the workaround is as follows:

Open Console
Tap the gear icon in the top right corner (settings)
Tap Print Log
Tap Edit
Select All
Tap the trash icon in the bottom right corner.

Itís a little ironic that the tool we added to help debug problems was itself, causing problems.
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Loyal user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
215 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
An excerpt from my new email sent to Ellusionist today:

The second Console remote arrived from Mark (he send my a replacement) and in my opinion this new one works better...
I'm using an Android phone, a Samsung.

Now I will give the remote a real practise try/run...

But still:

Problem 1.
The phone itself finds and lists the remote, named Lemon, BUT the Console App Global settings says: "Disconnected".

Problem 2:
The phones own keyboard does not disappear when the remote is on in the ďLotto SelfieĒ effect.

Problem 3:
In Lotto Selfie sometimes the vibration does not sound but a digit is registred.

(The app works ok with the phones own keyboard when I don't use the Console Remote.)

I have disconnected all other Bluetooth devices. I have cleared the internal settings in the Console Remote as Mark demonstrates in the instructions....etc. etc .........
........I have Android 5.0.1, but this version has served me well, so far!

So, phew, I have tried to include as many details as I remember and hopefully this will make everything clear!
(Excluded in this Facebook/Magic Cafť post.)

This is so sad, I really like this.
I would like to use more than the Lotto Selfie effect using the phone calculator force.

So, maybe you should look into the APP's ability to connect with the BT signal from the remote... Or something?

An Android app update please??
WillJonesMagic
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, UK
39 Posts

Profile of WillJonesMagic
Thomas, the problem you're experiencing doesn't sound like it's with the App. The app only queries the operating system for the device's connected status - the text communication itself is handled solely by the operating system.

Android 5 was originally released in 2014 and is now unsupported by Google; the current version is now 9, with Android Q on the horizon. The oldest android version currently supported is 7.0.

Also, please avoid submitting bug reports via this forum, please send them to support@ellusionist.com, that way everything will be tracked and we'll be better able to work through these issues we're having with you.
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Loyal user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
215 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2019, WillJonesMagic wrote:
Thomas, the problem you're experiencing doesn't sound like it's with the App. The app only queries the operating system for the device's connected status - the text communication itself is handled solely by the operating system.

Android 5 was originally released in 2014 and is now unsupported by Google; the current version is now 9, with Android Q on the horizon. The oldest android version currently supported is 7.0.

Also, please avoid submitting bug reports via this forum, please send them to support@ellusionist.com, that way everything will be tracked and we'll be better able to work through these issues we're having with you.

Will, I have also send Ellusionist Support the above, and have just now got an answer from Christopher and also send him my thoughts on this
The reason I published my email here was just to maybe help and inform others with similar problems, as is common here on the Cafť.
I am sure Christopher will inform you in turn.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4449 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I know Will is only the app tech guy (donít mean only in a light way might I add), but would be nice if someone else was able to chime in to the large amount of people still having issues with the device itself
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2019, Christopher Williams wrote:
I know Will is only the app tech guy (donít mean only in a light way might I add), but would be nice if someone else was able to chime in to the large amount of people still having issues with the device itself

Will does get a lot of heat for the apps complications. But In all fairness, heís not the one out there performing and testing the different types of phones. I agree with Christopher Williams. Someone else should chime in here and there. It may help some of us out more. I understand that Will can only do so much. And to do certain things heíll need permission from certain people. Thatís who Iíd like to talk to. People that can make those decisions.
Hudson Lee
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Hudson Lee
Not trying to stir trouble, but I cancelled my order, downloaded TAP, and have streamlined a routine with my Polaroid zip that gets the same kind of reactions that Iíve seen in the console trailer. If console works all itís bugs out, itíd obviously be smoother, especially for the cellphone reveals.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (256 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29..34~35~36 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL