The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (171 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2019, Hudson Lee wrote:
Not trying to stir trouble, but I cancelled my order, downloaded TAP, and have streamlined a routine with my Polaroid zip that gets the same kind of reactions that I’ve seen in the console trailer. If console works all it’s bugs out, it’d obviously be smoother, especially for the cellphone reveals.

No could blame you either. As for TAP. 😳😳😳 MILES AND MILES AHEAD.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
After reading everyone's comments and seeing the ups and downs of fellow magi feelings about this device, seeing people doing an about face in terms of loving Console and then not getting any use of it due to changes outside their control... I am so glad I waited...

I am not against technology at all, but I truly think that if you use it, be very prepared to use an alternative or have an out for when it fails or go out of favor.

I think another valuable lesson I took from this that I already knew from learning the hard way over a decade ago with the Frozen Bird (one of my favorite shops): avoid the pre-sales hype. Geraint (Ellusionist), Titanus (Murphys), Acar (Penguin), and creators (e.g., Sankey) are doing their job in getting the conversations going. These gentlemen and others do their job well. I fully understand that they are dependent on magicians and mentalits buying products.

After spending thousands and thousands of dollars over the last 19 years in magic and growing in the art in terms of knowledge and experience, I have seen too many incidences where the hyperbole for a product is way beyond the reality for various reasons. Thank you to those members of the Café that help others cut through the noise to find clarity in what one is purchasing.

Good magic to all....
Juno-How
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Juno-How
Notice how ellusionist aren’t approving any submitted reviews for console or folk would actually get a true measure of the product... and they say magic is deceptive....
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Elite user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
461 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Thanks for pointing that out. That's bizarre and as far as I'm concerned completely immoral. I completely lost trust in their way of doing business.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
I have mixed feelings about Ellusionist. I bought two Chess Guess units since there were a few comments here on the Café and Ellusionist sites about getting faulty units. Lo and behold, one of the two units had a faulty t*****r. I emailed and got an immediate refund within 30 minutes, no questions asked. I really like Chess Guess quite a bit and am glad to get it for $39. I also love Peter Turner's thinking.

That is the positive.
Now for the flip side. From a review perpective, Ellusionist offers nothing but the best products ever if I read nothing but their reviews. That is why we need to keep receiving unbiased reviews on the Café, WPR, from fellow Texan Magic Orthodoxy (David Kenney), Kaan, Jeff Stone (come back Jeff!), Ekat, and even Baby Magic Orthodoxy (The teenage magician that is just like David 30 years ago).

For their big release Isolated, there is no support for their US based customers. I cannot buy replacement stickers easily to sticker my other cubes or just buy Isolated cubes without emptying my bank account to pay really high fees and shipping from UK based Saturn Magic. I am willing and have supported Kieron's work, but when I called up Ellusionist..the lady (Jennifer may be her name)politely shrugged and gave me a "Oh well!" in everything but name.

Good magic to all...
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1583 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2019, The Mysterious One wrote:
I have mixed feelings about Ellusionist. I bought two Chess Guess units since there were a few comments here on the Café and Ellusionist sites about getting faulty units. Lo and behold, one of the two units had a faulty t*****r. I emailed and got an immediate refund within 30 minutes, no questions asked. I really like Chess Guess quite a bit and am glad to get it for $39. I also love Peter Turner's thinking.

That is the positive.
Now for the flip side. From a review perpective, Ellusionist offers nothing but the best products ever if I read nothing but their reviews. That is why we need to keep receiving unbiased reviews on the Café, WPR, from fellow Texan Magic Orthodoxy (David Kenney), Kaan, Jeff Stone (come back Jeff!), Ekat, and even Baby Magic Orthodoxy (The teenage magician that is just like David 30 years ago).

For their big release Isolated, there is no support for their US based customers. I cannot buy replacement stickers easily to sticker my other cubes or just buy Isolated cubes without emptying my bank account to pay really high fees and shipping from UK based Saturn Magic. I am willing and have supported Kieron's work, but when I called up Ellusionist..the lady (Jennifer may be her name)politely shrugged and gave me a "Oh well!" in everything but name.
M

Good magic to all...

Yes, Jeff Stone, please come back!
And I’m thinkin “Baby O” needs to find his own style vs copying someone else.
hotjacket
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of hotjacket
I'm not one to leave negative reviews here - in fact, this is my first EVER negative review - but this is absolute junk. Ellusionist should do a product recall - they would have made far more from me in the long term if they'd done so.

In fairness, if it HAD worked, it would have been hugely underpriced, as a lot of work / technology has gone into it. I'd far rather they charged 3x the money, but that it actually worked. (Then again, I REALLY wish it had been created by Pro**stic ... it might have been 5x the price, but would be rock-solid and something I could rely on for years to come).
hotjacket
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of hotjacket
One more point - if there are any electronics wizards here who are crazy enough to work with surface mount electronics - and would replace the buttons with some that actually work - I'd be first in line as a customer!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (171 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL