The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Zone Zero, but a Caterpillar and Tree (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

frankieacemagic
View Profile
Elite user
496 Posts

Profile of frankieacemagic
I have a prop I bought some years ago. It's a large, plastic silk- screened card with a picture of a tree on one side and a Caterpillar on the other. I have the two apples it comes with: one whole and one with a bite taken out of it.

It's a children's themed Zone Zero, obviously, but I don't have the written instructions that came with it. I've also never seen it performed in terms of the final apple switch (Obviously the caterpillar takes a bite Smile

Does anyone have this prop, perform it, or know how I can find a copy of the instructions/suggested routine?

Thanks in advance!
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1141 Posts

Profile of danfreed
Well, you can get an old video of Jerry Andrus teaching Zone Zero and adapt it. There is a newer version of Zone Zero done with a lemon and lemonade you can buy or get the dvd for, but the name of the guy is blanking my mind.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1806 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Thom Peterson performed this at his recent excellent lecture here in Tucson, Arizona

http://www.amazingguy.com/store/cheers.html

But NOT Zone Zero it Jerry Andrus Mylar Mystery
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1141 Posts

Profile of danfreed
Oh yeah, but I think Thom does some version of Zone Zero also for some other trick, I could be wrong.
Frank Yuen
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Frank Yuen
John Carney has done Zone Zero with a glass of lemonade production for years but I'm pretty sure he hasn't marketed it.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1806 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
In order to learn how to do zone zero you may have to re-buy Zone Zero and watch the Video and learn it.

The one I have has a VHS with it. Which I can not play it to watch it. No VCR player.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1806 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
It's on this set along with a ton of great info on other stuff:

https://www.mymagic.com/p/close-up-magic......-dvd-set

Now you can decide if you want to pay $80
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1468 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Https://boretti-shop.info

Check with boretti. A german kidshow he sellx it and I think it is his effect. The idea of the tree and apples.
frankieacemagic
View Profile
Elite user
496 Posts

Profile of frankieacemagic
Thank you all for your help with this! I've seen some amazing Zone Zero performances. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this prop, specifically. There is one silent performance on YouTube, but it's pretty bare.

I really appreciate the references, everyone. And now watching lots of Andrus clips, Neznarf! Thanks for the help Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Zone Zero, but a Caterpillar and Tree (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL