The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crossfire by Chris Philpott (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1543 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2019, Pixelated wrote:
I love it when this happens. What a great effect!

The trailer shows you what you are getting, and Chris has a reputation for hard hitting, workable mentalism.

The book itself is well designed and printed and the method is sure fire.

For such a small prop you get so many reveals and surprise endings, I will be carrying it everywhere on my case.

As a wedding magician, this has just become my new top table effect. No one has to leave their seats, nothing has to be written by the participants and tou can even leave them with a switched out ungimmicked book if you wanted to!

Are you his neighbour or something? How did you get yours so fast? I ordered on the 28th and still haven't gotten it, did you somehow pay for express shipping?
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1543 Posts

Just got mine! YES!
Pixelated
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of Pixelated
No express delivery, not sure how it happened, but happy that it did!
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Elite user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
468 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2019, PatrickGregoire wrote:

Are you his neighbour or something?

LOL.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of Chris Philpott
Thanks, Pixelated!

Patrick Gregoire, we were delayed for a few days waiting on more books, and then there are the mysteries of the United State's Postal System...
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1817 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Just a quick post to let you guys know that this is now available at your favorite Murphy's Magic retailer.

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=64929

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11490 Posts

Profile of John C
So any reviews? Difficulty level? Memory? Calculations ?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
1817 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Magic Review - Crossfire Book Test by Chris Philpott

VIDEO REVIEW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mRpDwoUBvw
New Magic / Playing Card Reviews EACH WEDNESDAY
Youtube @MagicOrthodoxy
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5263 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
David, I don’t see where all this confidence is required. I believe I know the part to which you are referring, but I have been able to hit the right spots with minimal practice. And I am a bigger klutz than most!!

Thanks!

Jim
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1543 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 18, 2019, J-Mac wrote:
David, I don’t see where all this confidence is required. I believe I know the part to which you are referring, but I have been able to hit the right spots with minimal practice. And I am a bigger klutz than most!!

Thanks!

Jim

All it takes is one spectator who is adamant about where they want you to stop rifling and it's pretty much game over. Then consider the fact that you're doing it 4-8 times. It's also very easy to get stopped on the cusp and you're not sure if you got it right or not. Even Chris had it happen in the performance... I wish this was 100%, kind of iffy to use this.

Maybe some great ideas are being discussed in the FB group, I wouldn't know because I was emailed the link to join it, the link didn't work and they never responded to my email.
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Thanks, David for the review! Here's the quote Murphy's pulled from it:

"Crossfire is the booktest with the standing ovation kicker! Chris Philpott is an amazing creator and always delivers."
-Magic Orthodoxy.

And just an addendum to the question of examinability after performance, if you want to switch it out, I have a "normal" version available -- normal is in quotes because it's gimmicked so all the force words appear at the top of one page.

And this is from Crossfire's second review:

"WOW - Chris has knocked this book test out of the park!!! "
-Paul Romhany, Vanish Magazine

Thanks, Paul!

Thanks, Titanas, for posting about it.

Hey John C, as you can see, the reviews are starting to come in. Plus there are the pre-release quotes on the first page of this thread. Murphy's has the difficulty level as Intermediate, but I'd say it's on the light side of Intermediate. Memory? Well, there's no memory work required for actually doing the effect, but if you want to script it out (and I spend a lot of time on the video on scripting, which is a particular passion of mine) you'd obviously have to memorize that. No calculations.

Hey J-Mac, I'm a klutz too!

Hey Patrick Gregoire, sorry you didn't get added to the FB group. I've been spending a lot of time dealing with a family emergency (my FB friends will know what I'm talking about), so some things fell through the cracks. I'll track down the problem and fix it this weekend. As for the riffling question, this is actually much much easier and more surefire than the Classic Force -- with a bit of practice it is 100%. As with a riffle force if they take too long to say stop, just riffle to the end of the book and start again. As I mentioned in the video, the reason I missed it once in the video performance was because I'd practiced in a well-lit room but in performance I hit a dark spot where I could barely see. So I came up with the second method for keeping track which is explained on the video (if you bought this as a pre-sale, it wasn't in that version, but it's there in the dropbox now.) And as you see in the video, if you do miss a force, it's no big deal -- if eight people are looking at a book there's a decent chance two people will land on the same page. No one thought anything was odd about it. I just had them pick again.

-Chris
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Hey Patrick, just sent an invite to the FB group. Let me know if it works. Thanks.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1543 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 20, 2019, Chris Philpott wrote:
Hey Patrick, just sent an invite to the FB group. Let me know if it works. Thanks.

I appreciate you trying again but unfortunately as with the first time and as mentioned in an email I had replied to the first email sent to me, all I get when I click the invite link is a page that says "Sorry, this content isn't available right now - The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in."

Feel free to PM me if you might know what the issue is, thanks again Chris.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crossfire by Chris Philpott (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL