The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cartamundi to Buy USPCC (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2101 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
This is certainly interesting news.

https://cartamundi.com/en/press/cartamun......company/
Kevin Reylek
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11482 Posts

Profile of John C
I hope they maintain quality.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
451 Posts

Profile of Newb2
Probably one of the better outcomes for USPCC to be acquired by a strategic like Cartamundi. The former parent company, Newell Brands, has been in financial difficulties for a while now and I was personally dreading what would happen if USPCC was acquired by a private equity firm...
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2019, John C wrote:
I hope they maintain quality.

Since it seems like the Copag cards are a bit better than most things coming out of Kentucky right now, I'm sure the quality will only get better.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3674 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I hope they don't start using the Cartamundi card stock for the USPCC cards. Or mess with the finish (I most definitely don't like the finish on the Cartamundi cards). That would be a nightmare.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2063 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I'm certainly no professional in card manufacturing (Or manufacturing at all, I suppose) but it seems to me it would make the most sense to just let the USPCC continue operating as it was, and let those profits to go Cartimundi's pockets. That way they can continue to please both camps of customers (the ones who like USPCC's stock/finish and those who like Cartimundi's offerings)
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3674 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2019, WitchDocChris wrote:
I'm certainly no professional in card manufacturing (Or manufacturing at all, I suppose) but it seems to me it would make the most sense to just let the USPCC continue operating as it was, and let those profits to go Cartimundi's pockets. That way they can continue to please both camps of customers (the ones who like USPCC's stock/finish and those who like Cartimundi's offerings)

This is what I am hoping. LoL. Really really really dislike Cartamundi stock and finish. LoL.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1168 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
There is virtually zero likelihood that USPCC will be changing their patented and very popular stock/finish. This merger will be like most others, impacting the business structure, not the product.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2063 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2019, Seth speaks wrote:
There is virtually zero likelihood that USPCC will be changing their patented and very popular stock/finish. This merger will be like most others, impacting the business structure, not the product.

Yes - that's my thoughts. You worded it better than I did.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
thecromulent
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn, NY
141 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
Using a phrase like "virtually zero likelihood" seems like a temptation to fate. I am pretty sure you're right, but nothing would surprise me.
Lee Asher
View Profile
V.I.P.
495 Posts

Profile of Lee Asher
My thoughts on this merger. Hope you guys like.

LEARN ONE CARD ROUTINE EVERY MAGICIAN MUST KNOW
Click Here To Get Started Right Away
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2101 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Thanks Lee! Well said, and well informed!

As someone who has been collecting & watching the card market for over 20 years and who has been producing decks for 10, I think this is a spot-on overview and analysis.
Kevin Reylek
Lee Asher
View Profile
V.I.P.
495 Posts

Profile of Lee Asher
Thanks for watching and appreciating what I had to say, Kevin. We should stop fearing the unknown. It's time to celebrate!
stanz
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of stanz
Thanks Lee, for your insights. Cartamundi made a business decision that should also benefit magicians with their focus, as they did mention cardists as one of their categories of customers they're looking to serve, as you pointed out. Smile
patapon
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
92 Posts

Profile of patapon
Really appreciate the time and effort you put into the video, Lee! Thank you! I agree that we should all be telling them what we would like to see as I think they will be more receptive than USPCC has been in the past.
Lee Asher
View Profile
V.I.P.
495 Posts

Profile of Lee Asher
Thanks for watching guys. I hope it helps alleviate some unwarranted fears.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cartamundi to Buy USPCC (3 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL