The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Silhouette by Tobias Dostal (118 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21 [Next]
BritishMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix. Az
165 Posts

Profile of BritishMagic
I love the effect, my issue was with it not working with multiple phone's I tried as they are too wide. I didn't want to go get a second phone just for this effect. Honestly gutted I couldn't get it to work.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4525 Posts

Profile of RNK
And of course there will be those here that know it takes a lot of practice and know they will not put the time in so will continue to post negative statements about it.

The way of the Café....
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Elite user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
460 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Wow. That is really an indirect way of saying: my fellow Café members lack talent, commitment and even honesty in admitting so. Thanks for enlightening us with your analisys of our psyche, Bob. It must be hard to stay modest when you are as great as you are. Smile
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3646 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I agree with RNK. However, I do not think he meant everyone that posts negative things about this or other effects are those that do not put sufficient time to learn the effect but there are certainly people who, consciously or unconsciously, do so. I, for one, know that I will not put the amopunt of time needed to make this effect good in my hands so I have avoided it. In the right hands, such as RNK's or many others who do put the time in and who are patient, will reap the award of performing an outstanding effect. I think RNK respects. But sometimes we cast criticism towards others and not ourselves when things do not go as planed. That is soemtimes just human nature. I do not think RBK was making a blanket statement against all people or magicians. I think he has agreat deal of respect for magicians.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

I hope you're right, Michael. I seem to have read a few posts too many from RNK that sounded like he was putting fellow magicians down. But thanks for chiming in. You worded it in an a very nice, sympathetic way.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7191 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Especially me. Fact.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Yep.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3646 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I understand and appreciate your point of view, The Unmasked Magician. You obviously respect and have passion for the art of magic and those that perform. Your defensive posture is understandable and admirable. Both you and RNK put a great deal if time and effort in being the best magicians you can be for yourself and for your audiences. That is all we can hope to achieve: to improve and to entertain.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 22, 2019, magicinsight wrote: Both you and RNK put a great deal if time and effort in being the best magicians you can be for yourself and for your audiences.

Just to put things into perspective: I've been a full-time pro for 20 years including performing on national TV, theatres, etc. RNK openly states he is an amateur who's audience is so small he needs to buy new tricks all the time. And whenever he states how he presents his effects, this clearly shines through. Which is completely understandable, but then I think you should tone it down a bit instead of putting down the Café ("the way of the Café") and it's members . Some modesty would be nice. I've seem to have read to many threads where pro's or semi-pro's state they see a problem presenting an effect. And RNK will just chime in by stating there is no problem, because he always gets great reactions. Which probably is true by HIS standards. But he shouldn't project those on others and on top of that be a smartaleck about it. Just my opinion please, as someone on the Café who actually IS modest would say Smile
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4525 Posts

Profile of RNK
Hey there Michael, thank you for clarifying my point! You are always the man of clarity here, thank goodness!! Obviously there are those effects which some magicians who do put the effort to try and learn but find it is not for them. I absolutely meant that in my post and those such as yourself who have been around awhile and know me, understood what I was trying to say. But, there are those such as Pegasus who well he is Pegasus and that's all I need to say in regards to his comment(s), and others such as the Unmasked Magician who a lot of times takes my statements out of context which is fine, it is what it is and I could really care less because there are many more bigger problems in this world. A lot of times my statements are blunt because I'm not that really focused on being politically correct in this ever becoming soft world we live in today.
And to you to you Unmasked Magician, if you don't like what I say and it hurts your feelings, well it sounds like you have been in this world a while stating that you are a pro and performing for 20 years which is awesome for you and I mean that, and if that's the case I think you are probably a mature enough person and smart enough to be able to not focus on the little things and simply disregard what I say. It truly works, I do it here all the time. So in answer to your post, I don't care if you think I should tone it down, I really doubt that I'm going to tone it down for someone who comes on here and always writes condescending and arrogant statements in a roundabout and politically correct way. For instance, because I simply agreed with someone's post who responded to something you had said, your post was in a roundabout and sneaky way trying to say I was trying to get people pitted against you. Seriously? I have no need or time to play blogging games. I really suggest putting on a pair of big boy pants because if something as little as post here really gets to you, I can't imagine how you react facing real bigger problems in life. Your posts are very transparent which clearly shines through to me and I'm sure probably others, whether you think so or not. But that's cool, you can do as you like and try to poke fun at me about reactions with my small audiences with MY standards. If that all makes you feel better as a man, by all means please proceed. I'm all about people feeling good about themselves including you.

Put things in total perspective for us and tell us your name, performance name would be great, since you openly claim you have been performing on national TV and theaters Etc. That's really cool and great for you! Everyone here knows my name is Bob and I go by Baffling Bob, a name that stuck with me when I started performing out at the age of 9 or so. Just family functions and some church events. I didn't make the choice to go full time professional. I chose to become a Geologist and perform on the side. I do about 2 gigs a month on average which is perfect since I have a full time job and am raising 3 boys. More than that would be to much for me.

Now that I gave you my background and have been as transparent as I can be, how about you? Are you going to follow your tag name here and share with us your background and who you really are? Or should you maybe change your name to the MASKED MAGICIAN and choose to hide your story from us?

Take care my friend,
BOB
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2646 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Trust me Bob I have been on here since 2004 and I am now at last under my full name after constant trolling because I couldn’t make my true opinions heard through fear of ridicule etc . Finally the powers that be have realised I give an a truly honest take on things in my opinion and that’s what life is all about and helping other magicians who are passionate about the art we all love Gaz 🙂
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4525 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Trust me Bob I have been on here since 2004 and I am now at last under my full name after constant trolling because I couldn’t make my true opinions heard through fear of ridicule etc . Finally the powers that be have realised I give an a truly honest take on things in my opinion and that’s what life is all about and helping other magicians who are passionate about the art we all love Gaz 🙂

Sorry but I don't know what your post has to do with being the Unmasked Magician along with the who powers to be finally realizing your opinions are genuine? Whats the powers to be and what influence do they have whether or not you share your name?

Also, all the full time professional magicians here use their names as they do not have a concern about what others think on their opinions of effects because they are posting based on their experience with those effects. Pretty much what most do here.

Still waiting for the Unmasked Magician to address my response. It seems he is old enough Gaz to respond himself and be able to be transparent.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2646 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Sorry Bob it doesn’t have anything to do with the unmasked magician or this thread .
I was just saying from my own experience it’s better to use my real name on here as too many trolls were pretending to be me and people were actually believing them .
Best wishes Gaz 🙂
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4525 Posts

Profile of RNK
Ah! Now I understand. Thanks for the clarification! Now, I have never seen anyone here trying to pretend they were the Unmasked Magician so hopefully he will come on here and respond himself to my previous post.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4015 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Sorry Bob it doesn’t have anything to do with the unmasked magician or this thread .
I was just saying from my own experience it’s better to use my real name on here as too many trolls were pretending to be me and people were actually believing them .
Best wishes Gaz 🙂

Sorry for being off topic but I'm confused. How were "trolls" able to pretend to be you?
And why couldn't they pretend to be you if you use your own name?
What prevented you from using your real name before? Fear of ridicule, not sure what you mean.
Since Bob says he understands maybe he can explain it.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4525 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Best wishes Gaz 🙂

Sorry for being off topic but I'm confused. How were "trolls" able to pretend to be you?
And why couldn't they pretend to be you if you use your own name?
What prevented you from using your real name before? Fear of ridicule, not sure what you mean.
Since Bob says he understands maybe he can explain it.

Sorry, I actually am not totally sure what he meant. But I think he meant the Unmasked Magician is not telling us what famous performer he is in fear of being mocked or trolled. But my point is most of the known confident professional performers who have been on TV and traveled the world performing professionally are known here by their actual names. Hopefully the Unmasked one will truly become Unmasked and spill the beans who he is?.?.?.
Frank Fantastic
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Frank Fantastic
Is it possible to use multiple gimmicks in a routine like it looks on the trailer ? That's been unclear to me so far.
I once shook hands with Vernon.
Which means i have Houdini's particles on me now.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7191 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The Unmasked Magician is actually Karl M.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4525 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, pegasus wrote:

The Karl that was once banned?
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7191 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, pegasus wrote:

The Karl that was once banned?

Correct.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Silhouette by Tobias Dostal (118 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL