The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Best Color Changing Knives (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
AndyMo805
View Profile
New user
San Luis Obispo, CA
43 Posts

Profile of AndyMo805
Looking for a set of Color Changing Knives. I've been using the Mogar Stag set... and really enjoy them. I've heard Joe is going through a tough time and orders are hard to fill right now. Most shops are "Out of Stock" on the 3 knife stag set. Is there another Manufacturer/shop that has a good set? Suggestions welcomed and needed!

Thanks!
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I was also considering a colour changing knife set and read some good things here on the cage about Joe's knives, am I correct in thinking that you have actually tried to order a set from Joe and been informed that there is a long wait ?
AndyMo805
View Profile
New user
San Luis Obispo, CA
43 Posts

Profile of AndyMo805
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2019, warren wrote:
I was also considering a colour changing knife set and read some good things here on the cage about Joe's knives, am I correct in thinking that you have actually tried to order a set from Joe and been informed that there is a long wait ?

I'm part of a CCK group on Facebook, and numerous members have talked about ordering and paying for knives that they still haven't gotten. I also noticed that virtually every Online supplier is "Out of Stock". I'm going to try to give Joe a call, his knives are Outstanding. But I would like to explore other options as well. I understand Rodger Lovins has a new set coming out in the Fall that will fit the bill.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Thanks for getting back to me, perhaps you could keep us updated via this thread as I would be interested to know what's happening with Joe or possibly Rodger's set if nothing comes through with Joe.
AndyMo805
View Profile
New user
San Luis Obispo, CA
43 Posts

Profile of AndyMo805
Actually, I just got off the phone with Joe. What a nice guy! He's catching up on some orders... and said it would take about 2 weeks for my order. I made the order and am excited to start working with the new set when they arrive. I'll keep you updated.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Check out Rodger Lovins knives. Best I've ever owned.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2019, jimhlou wrote:
Check out Rodger Lovins knives. Best I've ever owned.

Interesting Jim when I looked at them I thought they looked a bit on the thick side due to them having two blades, I was reading about Joe's Perfect knives which apparently are good for when the spectators eye level is below ie when the spectators are sat down and your standing, does Rodger's knives have that ability ?

Also can anyone comment on the Merrill knives as I've read good things about them ?
JoeLyons
View Profile
New user
Although I've lurked here for years, i only have
24 Posts

Profile of JoeLyons
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2019, warren wrote:
Interesting Jim when I looked at them I thought they looked a bit on the thick side due to them having two blades, I was reading about Joe's Perfect knives which apparently are good for when the spectators eye level is below ie when the spectators are sat down and your standing, does Rodger's knives have that ability ?

Also can anyone comment on the Merrill knives as I've read good things about them ?

I have a set of Merrill knives purchased 40 years ago and they are in excellent condition. I have some Mogar knives as well and they are great but I prefer the flat profile of the Merrill.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2019, JoeLyons wrote:
I have a set of Merrill knives purchased 40 years ago and they are in excellent condition. I have some Mogar knives as well and they are great but I prefer the flat profile of the Merrill.

Interesting does the flat profile help to eliminate possible flashing or is it purely from a cosmetics point of view ?
JoeLyons
View Profile
New user
Although I've lurked here for years, i only have
24 Posts

Profile of JoeLyons
The flat profile is superior to me based only on a tactile preference.
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
I ordered "Miracle Perfect Knive " from Joe Mogar.
I waited a while until they arrived (six weeks, from USA to Germany).
Longer than expected. I know now why Joe wrote me why it took so long (private matter).
Because I've been waiting so long, Joe sent me the free gifts:
- Cameleon Knives DVD
- perfect ace knife ( photo 2)
- extra small purse

What can I say, the knives are absolutely perfect.
I have not had better and beautiful knives in my hands.

And the "Master Twist" with Mogar's knife works almost automatically.
I can only recommend Mogar's knives, they are so, so good.

Photo:
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I was very lucky and managed to pick up a 4 knife stag set made by Joe second hand today for roughly half price and it also saved me the cost of import tax so I'm a happy man Smile
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Stay clear of the Scott York Knives, they discolor after light use.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Chuck Finley
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Chuck Finley
I started with the Imperial knife set many years ago and still use them to this day. The price was great and still is and the knives are more than adequate as far as quality for a magician.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I started with a set of Ed Drane ('Enardoe") knives in the early '50s. They still work fine. Back then Jimmy Sanders made great CCKs, but my "$2.00 set of Enardoes are still working just fine. I think that I paid $2.00 for them!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
BradenCarlisle
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of BradenCarlisle
I enjoy Pop Haydn's knives.
vanp8
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of vanp8
My Scotty York knives show a little discoloration but they are 20 years old and do look like a real knife. Probably because he made them from knives he purchased at a gas station.
MagicByVincent
View Profile
Veteran user
Staten Island, New York
329 Posts

Profile of MagicByVincent
Andymo85 did the knives you ordered come from Joe as expected? Are Joe's knives still the best? I see almost a year after this post started most places are still listing Joe's knives as "out of stock" Im looking to buy a set but really only want to buy 1 set and so I'm on a hunt for the best knives I can find,
Smile Smile Smile Magic is all around us we just have to be willing to see it.
AndyMo805
View Profile
New user
San Luis Obispo, CA
43 Posts

Profile of AndyMo805
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2020, MagicVin wrote:
Andymo85 did the knives you ordered come from Joe as expected? Are Joe's knives still the best? I see almost a year after this post started most places are still listing Joe's knives as "out of stock" Im looking to buy a set but really only want to buy 1 set and so I'm on a hunt for the best knives I can find,

They did and are perfect! I got a set of Camel bone & Stag. 4 Knife set with two gimmicked and have been using them happily.
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of DrVG
I make my own sets by gluing together two disposable cutter blades knives.
one side is left blank and the other is painted with a sharpie marker then I apply a coat of varnish or more recently hot glue to give it a distinctive texure.
pm me if interested in more details
VG
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Best Color Changing Knives (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL