The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Completely Cold (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mysticz
View Profile
Special user
D.C. metro area
680 Posts

Profile of mysticz
[quote]On 2004-05-21 10:18, amens wrote:

Quote:
On 2004-05-21 10:18, amens wrote:
Still I'd like to know what it means.
It's not nice to read something, written in a language you ought to know, and have no clue what it means.

Hi Amens:

By saying "I rest my case," I was merely agreeing that Completely Cold is a very simplistic system that promotes the use of banal generalities in the place of knowledge, intuitive reasoning, empathy, and insight that is essential in developing the ability to present a satisfying and credible reading.

When you said that you use CC when you didn't want to think too much, I believe your words underscored the intent of my previous posting.

Joe Z.
Joe Zabel
"Psychic Sorcery"

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-- Shakespeare's Hamlet I.v. 174-175
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
I do think the system is super easy, but performing it accurately is a different story.

Anabelle
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Profile of enriqueenriquez
CC is a good tool to have, but not enough to do a convincing reading, if you really care about the person you have in front of you.

If you don’t care, CC is great, but there are more exciting ways to get that ego trip, like point him/her with a gun and ask for their money.
amens
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of amens
Quote:
On 2004-05-21 14:37, mysticz wrote:

Hi Amens:

By saying "I rest my case," I was merely agreeing that Completely Cold is a very simplistic system that promotes the use of banal generalities in the place of knowledge, intuitive reasoning, empathy, and insight that is essential in developing the ability to present a satisfying and credible reading.

When you said that you use CC when you didn't want to think too much, I believe your words underscored the intent of my previous posting.

Joe Z.

Thanks a lot for explaining this Smile

I agree with Anabelle that Coldreading, espacially after the CC-system, relays very much on presentation.
If you want to do ColdReading seriously (and want to know what you're talking about [you don't with CC]) you should read Bandler about NLP (a great book), maybe Erickson for suggestions (makes what you say seeming more realistical), and I think Wonder Readings for some psychology behind.
This book (Wonder Readings) is simply awesome.
You learn a LOT with this book!!!

hth
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Completely Cold (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL