The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TOCA (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Tring UK
333 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Hi Does anyone know anything about thought of card across by Morgan and West ? I have purchased it but not received it yet. I’ve searched online and can’t find any info apart from the demo Any experience with this anyone ?
Thanks in advance
https://youtu.be/4dMDpubLmR8
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11492 Posts

Profile of John C
Looks pretty good. Let us know how it turns out.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
no2ss
View Profile
Regular user
California
168 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Pretty sure I know how it's done, mixing a few relatively common principles, but their version looks super clean, and super well thought out (not surprising given their previous work -- those guys are amazing). Will probably pick this up (looks like it's out of stock now) at some point in the future. You don't exactly "end clean" because of the gimmicked bits but as you can see from the performance demo, there are easy ways to effectively clean up most of the most risky bits long before the effect ends, and I'm guessing most of the "heat" is immediately focused on the card that "moved" and if you were really concerned, you could have a duplicate set ready for those who demanded to "see the cards" after the end of the effect, and you could just pull those out of your pocket rather than the actual cards.
chrom
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of chrom
I just purchased this. Will give a review as soon as I get it.
chrom
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of chrom
I finally received this. I will say that this is SUPER clean. Many of you can probably guess the mechanism but there is a little "extra" in the black cards that make it stupid easy to pull off. It works great in the spec's hands and as long as you pull off the one or two moves you have to do you will end super clean.

Pros : Easy to perform, very convincing, great patter included on the download.

Cons: If I had to choose one I did not like the "mechanism" for the dirty work. I will most likely switch it over to a Henry Robson product or a little SF. that's not to say it doesn't work but I want it fool proof 100% of the time.

I really like this. It comes in a nice wallet and is perfect for carry around.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4033 Posts

Profile of videoman
I would speculate that this uses a similar method as the Destiny Deck.
I say that because I seem to recall there was a very similar effect taught on that tutorial.
chrom
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of chrom
Videoman. I wouldsay beyond real magic there are only so many many ways to accomplish something. I was surprised at the methods they chose but I think they went for simple, repeatable, and easily accessable. As I stated I am going to make a few modifications to the material used but the routine itself is absolutly solid.
Calvin826
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Holds the black cards funny, though that may not matter to the spec. Assuming 'Daughter of The King' -type cards, that's why they don't show?
davis1581
View Profile
New user
Bathurts, NSW, Australia.
8 Posts

Profile of davis1581
I have TOCA and I think its great. It is not difficult to do and gets a big response. My only suggestion is that you perform it with 2 people not one. Its one of my favourites routines.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TOCA (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL