The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Business card routine recommendations? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Peter Morrissey
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Peter Morrissey
Hi Café!

I need to find myself a decent and clean business card routine to compliment a swami effect using business cards. I could use my P**k W but it involves a double dip if your get me?Nothing nessasarily wrong with that but if there is cleaner, I'll do that. I haven't the time before performing to churn through my corrinda and annemann etc to find one so if anyone has a fav they can recommend , even PM me, be much obliged.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2562 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
PM with what you’re looking for exactly. I wrote a book on it with a few effects that may work.
Peter Morrissey
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Awesome! Thanks bev I'll check PM now!
Peter Morrissey
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Ha I just re read your reply. I'm a numpty, I'll PM you now haha
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
Shameless plug: "Subli-Mental". https://www.lybrary.com/sublimental-p-899615.html

JD
Shaukat
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Shaukat
Check out Arthur's Underlooked. You can search here and see dozens of reviews.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
2891 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Bev's book is great, some really interesting stuff in there. Pit's routine is good too!
*** I've been on this board for a long time...
Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Dr Ross
View Profile
Regular user
Lincoln, UK
111 Posts

Profile of Dr Ross
Docc Hilford's 'Boudoir Card Reading' offers a great method for business card routines.

Spelmann and Nardi's 'Unexpected' DVD has some great BC routines on it (including an ESP matching effect, a drawing dupe, and more).

Fraser Parker's 'No Pocket Writing, Pocket Writing' (found on Mentalism Fundamentals on e-mentalism) is really great also.

Lewis Le Val has a great many BC effects (also available via e-mentalism).

If you have the monies, Scott Creasey's 'Minimalistic, Metaphysical, Mentalism' (vol 1 and 2) all involve great BC routines.
"If you want to be taken seriously, always check your fly" - Corey Taylor (of Slipknot/Stone Sour)
Peter Morrissey
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

You guys are awesome, thank you!!!!
Aaron Vlack
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Aaron Vlack
Http://bcardsmentalism.blogspot.com/ very good routines using a normal stack of business cards
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1337 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
As no-one else has mentioned it - the amazing Switchcraft. 875 pages at the last count. Essential reading for any mentalist.

https://sites.google.com/site/ebswitch/home

Barry
Sean Mann
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Sean Mann
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2019, Aaron Vlack wrote:
Http://bcardsmentalism.blogspot.com/ very good routines using a normal stack of business cards

Aaron, how many of your 79 posts are recommendations for Mentalism Center products? I'm starting to suspect some shenanigans.
Peter Morrissey
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

All the same....b cards seems very interesting...if not a bit steep
Aaron Vlack
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Aaron Vlack
No shenanigans, I just like Mentalism Center products.
Gumar Oz DuBar
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Gumar Oz DuBar
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2019, Peter Morrissey wrote:
Hi Café!

I need to find myself a decent and clean business card routine to compliment a swami effect using business cards. I could use my P**k W but it involves a double dip if your get me?Nothing nessasarily wrong with that but if there is cleaner, I'll do that. I haven't the time before performing to churn through my corrinda and annemann etc to find one so if anyone has a fav they can recommend , even PM me, be much obliged.

Wouldn't the routine depend on what it is that you're trying to do/accomplish/explain? I mean, ANY "clean business card routine" would work? Presentation and subject be d.amned? I know of a great experiment in telepathy using business cards, I also know of a wonderful L&D Test using business cards, but I don't know if they "compliment" your swami effect in terms of subject and presentation. If your only desideratum is that the effect be a "clean business card routine", it seems to me like you can just use any clean business card trick you like. Also, shouldn't recommendation threads be downstairs?
I write and edit text.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1281 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2019, mindmagic wrote:
As no-one else has mentioned it - the amazing Switchcraft. 875 pages at the last count. Essential reading for any mentalist.

https://sites.google.com/site/ebswitch/home

Barry

+ 1. Switchcraft is exceptionally good, and with the supplements Elliott continues to release (at no additional cost), truly a gift to yourself that keeps on giving.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1419 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Just a business card routine? Have you checked out Joel Dickson’s VOLITION?
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1419 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2019, Wravyn wrote:
Just a business card routine? Have you checked out Joel Dickson’s VOLITION?

I apologize for the name misspelling, it is Joel Dickinson.
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1439 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
There are two business card mentalism routines in “Truth Fables”. One of them is a Living and Dead test, and the other is a way of divining anything that someone has written or drawn on a business card while your back is turned.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Business card routine recommendations? (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL