The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Appearing Donut by Viking Magic (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13646 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I know it's not a trick per say, just a prop, but I just had to comment on the quality of these.

I ordered a couple to see if they are what they are cracked up to be. I can find lots of uses for them in my kid shows.

So they arrived, and they are beautiful! A true work of art. Very soft and compressible, and yup. They look like real donuts with the yummy frosting. And also a wide variety of frosting decorations.

I'm going to order more. For kids performers these just can't be beat.

Here's a link: https://www.vikingmagic.com/product/donuts-production/
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
They do look tasty! In this day and age, I'd be worried a spectator might try to eat one...
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1143 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
They become a great running gag during a show love those
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13646 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Have you guys got some?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13646 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
My appearing donuts dissapeared.

I'm in a hospital room, hooked up to IV's. So I had my brother bring my mail and packages to me here in m room. So yesterday I had the donuts, and today I discover to my dismay that the cleaning lady, in clearing away my trash also trashed my donuts!!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrregghhhhh!!!
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1040 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Deduct the cost of replacements off of the hospital account. Smile
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Elite user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
468 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Get well soon daffydoug!
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Daffydoug, wishing you a speedy and full recovery!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13646 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Thank you friend. This has been a tough fight and they almost lost me, but I'm still kicking. An old cuss like myself is hard to keep down.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11490 Posts

Profile of John C
Good health daffy.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13646 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Thank you. I'm going to be released to go home this evening. I almost died. But I learned some VERY valuable health lessons that will save me pain and grief of this ever happening again.

Now if I could just get my donuts back...
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Will keep prayers going for you. Donuts from Viking can be replaced, daffydoug can't be.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8095 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
You are on my "prayer list! get well soon~!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4028 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2019, daffydoug wrote:
Thank you. I'm going to be released to go home this evening. I almost died. But I learned some VERY valuable health lessons that will save me pain and grief of this ever happening again.

Great news Daff!!!
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
You'll be in my prayers too my friend.

Good magic to all,
Eric
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1344 Posts

Profile of Stucky
The problem with these is the raised paint on them can crack after a while. Oscar Munoz has some really nice ones. I think he only sells them at lectures though.
Official Thread Killer
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1056 Posts

Profile of taller8
Well according to their ad copy:

Each donut is hand turned and hand painted and drizzled with icing. Sadly, the photos do not do justice to the vibrant colors and natural look of these great production items.We have spent a great deal of time and money to research the correct dyes and paints to make our donuts soft and pliable; no cracking or splitting, etc
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3653 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Daffy,

I hope you make a speedy,full and complete recovery. Feel better.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13646 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Thanks guys. I'm back. Getting in the groove, catching up on lost days, planning future surgeries, but at least I'm kicking. I have every intention of following up on doctors orders, because I don't ever, EVER want to go through this again! And the next trip may be ten times worse...not to the ER, but instead in a hearse. The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out...

Lol!!!

I know not funny, but heck, Hitchcock made a career of such macabre stuff.

Let me add this. Something I observed: the tiniest, most Lilliputian things can be GIANTS. How about a TEENSY WEENSY speck of food that you missed when you flossed? So innocuous!! Until it causes a microscopic lacuna in your enamel. And that grows and grows till the tooth decays..and falls off except for the root. And then infection sets in and then an abcess. And the abcess goes to your face and eye and brain...and then suddenly you find yourself fighting for your life with IV's going in your veins and catheters and your closest friend is a bedpan...

So you get pumped full of fluids and antibiotics and you fight for your life covered with sweat for three days..

And now you have lost three days of your life and are facing thousands of dollars in medical bills and future surgeries...

And it all started when you MISSED that ***, tiny speck of food when you flossed!

Dang!

Ain't life grand?

But upside? I met some REEEEEEEEL perty nurses!!! And they had some mighty fine DONUTS.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2530 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I got one a few years ago from a joke shop it has colored sprinkles on it . I use it at every kids show producing it from someones hat baseball cap etc.. always gets a laugh !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Appearing Donut by Viking Magic (3 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL