The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ACAAN with ZERO EFFORT!! NOW $4.99 (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
FOR TWO WEEKS ONLY!!

RA (Rostami Any Card At Any Number) for only $4.99
Regular price is $24.99

This is THE LOWEST PRICE for the EASIEST (and cleanest) ACAAN EVER!!

Features:
* Super easy to do, no sleights, no memorization, no math ... perform immediately after getting the app!
* Instant Reset (perfect for walk-around).
* Perform over Facetime/Skype.
* Uses a regular deck of cards (everything can be examined).
* ANY card and ANY number can be freely selected.
* The magician does not know the card or number.
* The cards are given to the spectator BEFORE he reveals his card and number.
* The information that's displayed on the website is completely REAL ... over 140,000 people have voted for their favorite card and number.
* You can use any of the popular stacks (Tamariz is the default).
* Everything can be customized.
* Before the information is displayed on their phone, a fake delay (customizable) gives the magician time to do the "work".
* Works on both iOS and Android.
* Use any borrowed phone.
* Your phone is NEVER in play!

Take advantage of this special sale price for the ULTIMATE Any Card At Any Number!!

RACAAN on iOS:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/racaan/id915053523?mt=8

RA on Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai......magic.ra

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Greg Rostami
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Another performance ...

egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
737 Posts

Profile of egoli
Hi Greg - any plans to add Apple Watch support to this app?

Ed
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2019, egoli wrote:

Ed

Not at the present time. Sorry.
G Ro
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:

Ed

I wish somebody had written an offline version of RA that uses local notifications.
Oh... wait... Smile
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
ltchip
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of ltchip
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2019, paperinick wrote:
Quote:

Ed

I wish somebody had written an offline version of RA that uses local notifications.
Oh... wait... Smile

??? I don't get it - is there another project/ product that does this?
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
This is a Killer App
btwigg
View Profile
Loyal user
Sacramento, CA USA
204 Posts

Profile of btwigg
Just picked this up, glad I did.
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
737 Posts

Profile of egoli
I already own this (paid full price) and so finally today went through the instructions. I am ready to put it through it's paces tomorrow. Looks like a winner

Ed
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2019, ltchip wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2019, paperinick wrote:
Quote:

Ed

Oh... wait... Smile

??? I don't get it - is there another project/ product that does this?

Not yet. But I contacted Greg multiple times.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
I would like to address the questions regarding offline apps and smartwatch support.

Offline apps:
Pros:
You can use them without the internet (cruise ships, airplane, bad/no internet access).

Cons:
The magician is using his/her own phone AND you must send or receive information by using another device (usually a smartwatch).

In my opinion, regardless of how well an app is disguised, once the magician uses his phone, then their phone is suspect.

Also, if the premise of an effect requires an internet connection (like looking up information in a search engine), then the internet is motivated and a necessity.

Which brings me to the next point ...

Smartwatch support:
Pros:
You can peek at information on your wrist (or other places you can hide a smartwatch).

Cons:
A smartwatch is YET another piece of tech that can fail during a performance ... I've had failed performances of Inject since I relied on a smartwatch that had lost bluetooth connection or ran out of battery ... thank goodness Inject has a failsafe feature that allowed me to rescue those performances.

Also, a smartwatch on your wrist is an obvious piece of tech that spectators KNOW can receive information.
If you've ever seen me perform, you'll notice that there are NO signs of technology on my body.

In the last 5 years that RA has been on the market, after hundreds of performances, I've never failed a single performance since I didn't rely on a smartwatch.

Simply peeking from your pants pocket or breast pocket works GREAT!

All the best,
Greg Rostami
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Hi Greg.
You bring valid points.
But...

1. having a choice is always good. I got screwed up because I was in a dead spot and I couldn't get a notification back. The spectator phone was working fine (different provider). Offline would have been fine.
2. you don't need necessarily internet, you need a tool that does show the need of a smartphone like "computing probabilities" is. I ask if they want to use my phone or their phone, they choose theirs I use RA. Simple. They choose mine, I go offline, at that point they know that my phone is not in play otherwise I wouldn't have offered...

I peek on my Fitbit, which has a small screen and goes quite unnoticed. Once I've done it multiple times in a row for the same people to see how much I could push it (10 times, never caught), and I got "busted" once by somebody I was complaining about fitbit development with (and he made sure to point that out). I built a safety mechanism to test the fitbit communication and if doesn't work I do something else (very rarely so far, more or less the same as the dead spot situation).

Trade-offs. But again having more options and know how to take advantage of each is good.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi paperinick,

Thank you for your feedback.
I agree with your point about having options.

I'm so sorry I haven't been able to talk to you about your project.
We've been SUPER busy with the development of TWO new products!!

Once we're done with these projects, I'll come back to RA ...

Talk to you soon,
Greg
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2019, Greg Rostami wrote:
Hi paperinick,

Thank you for your feedback.
I agree with your point about having options.

I'm so sorry I haven't been able to talk to you about your project.
We've been SUPER busy with the development of TWO new products!!

Once we're done with these projects, I'll come back to RA ...

Talk to you soon,
Greg

Good luck with your new products. I will be waiting, with a proposal that you cannot refuse Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Brilliant effect which I have had since it was first released . Massively overlooked imo but one of the best and an absolute steal whatever the price Gaz 🙂
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
317 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
I really like this effect, especially at the sale price. Greg, while I realize this app has not been updated in a while, I sent you a suggestion that you might like that would make this even easier.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Brilliant effect which I have had since it was first released . Massively overlooked imo but one of the best and an absolute steal whatever the price Gaz 🙂

Thank you very much for your support.

Quote:
On Jun 14, 2019, MarvinSanRemo wrote:
I really like this effect, especially at the sale price. Greg, while I realize this app has not been updated in a while, I sent you a suggestion that you might like that would make this even easier.

Hi,
Thank you for your suggestion about using v******** patterns for the cut card.
It's something that we had experimented with in the past and we'll consider it when we update the app.

As you said in your PM, at the present time, just peeking at your phone works great (and it's SUPER fast and reliable).

Magic on ...
G Ro
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Here's one of my favorite subtleties about performing RA:

Have the deck face UP on the table or their hand.
Once you know what the cut card is, if it's the bottom card, then you're done.

If the cut card is not at the bottom, have the spectators cut the cards.
Have each spectator cut the cards once or twice ... each time ask them to change how they cut the cards (deep or shallow).

After each cut, you're looking for the cut card to appear at the bottom of the deck, if it does (which happens more than you'd think), then you have a miracle on your hands ... the last cut was by a SPECTATOR and their card is at their number!

If none of the spectators cut to the cut card, then proceed as usual.

enjoy,
Greg
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
317 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
Cool idea. Quick question Greg. Does it ever feel weird giving them the website address in the format that corresponds to our app (with the additional forward slashes and our ID)? Is there any way to hide that? Or do spectators just not care? I have had fun performing this, but it always feels weird at that part. I have even considered bookmarking the page on my phone and handing it to them to use, while I have a spare phone for the sent info. Feel free to PM if I am asking too much in the open forum.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I think it’s far stronger using the spectators phone than using your spare . After all it’s an “real “ updated statistical card selection site that makes sense imo .
Yes if they could just type in on google card stat sites and Greg’s site appeared that would be better still , nevertheless this is super clean and with a marked deck cleaner still Gaz 🙂
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ACAAN with ZERO EFFORT!! NOW $4.99 (13 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL