The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » First KEYS, then FEATHERS, and, NOW??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2235 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
For those looking for the latest book for magicians ;

This link may be of interest

A 580pp tome to enjoy

Dice Mysteries by Steve Drury (Hardcover) - Lulu

Kotah
Delimbeau
View Profile
Elite user
May the magic be with you
450 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1047 Posts

Profile of reese
Well... one of my favorite things to hold in my hands ( yeah, I can think of the same jokes as y'all, as most of us can so...no need to post them. Thanks!) Looking at the contributors, I want this. Exactly my cup of glue.
aviso
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of aviso
Thank you for posting Kotah !

It's taken nearly three years in the making. Many asked after 'Feather Mysteries' what was next - well research was already underway then! It was my intention to present the bigger picture of dice - as a concept too - to those who look beyond 'tricks' when devloping routines. Consequently it is a BIG book with some quite diverse content surrounding dice too ... I really hope it becomes a valued resource to those that can / do invest in this.

You can find a contents preview on my products website here: https://www.mysteryentertainerproducts.com/mysteries

Do lookout for Lulu voucher codes and coupons too!
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1609 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
I continue to appreciate Key Mysteries. I lacked interest in the Feathers project, but became a quick adopter when I read in this thread about Dice Mysteries. Thanks, Sfeve, for your industry and your contribution to the art.

George
aviso
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of aviso
Praise indeed. Thank you George.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1843 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
This is an amazing tome. Steve has crafted a thorough journey through the history of dice and the book features some of the best in our trade offering wonderful gems. At 580 pages, it has something for everyone. The design and layout are amazing. This is a work of love, sweat, and tears.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1435 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
I'm one of the contributors to the book, but was not privy to the contents until the project was finished.

While the effects are well and nice, I found the historical notes and related information on types of dice and their uses etc to be thoroughly fascinating. I've not quite finished the entire book as it is HUGE, but I can honestly say that there is simply no other resource on the subject that is so comprehensive in scope. Kudos to Steve for all his hard work on this project.

If you have more than a passing interest in dice, this is simply a "must-have" book.
Magic which awakens and nourishes the divine spirit in man encourages the growth of true humanity, in contrast to the materialistic outlook which binds man to the earth.

KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2235 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
FedEx delivered this tome to my door today. It certainly is all that Sudo Nimb has said and so much more.

If you are short, this is thick enough to help you reach the cookie jar. It is heavy enough to press and dry decorative fall leaves

It could also be used as a dandy door stop.

But ideally. you will use it as intended, as a resource for all things concerning dice. We all have many edifying hours awiting us within these pages.
Steve Drury has given our community yet another sterling gift.

Kotah
aviso
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of aviso
Kotah makes some great points - it has multiple uses too Smile

I am tremendously grateful for such feedback. Thank you.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1609 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
I have spent part of several days with Dice Mysteries. It features extensive background information about the history of dice and other historical random number generators, and a nice range of possible dice effects from a dozen or so contributors. I am already developing my own version of one of the effects, and have my eye on five others. This is even better than Drury's earlier Key Mysteries.

George
Joshua J
View Profile
Special user
665 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2019, George Hunter wrote:
This is even better than Drury's earlier Key Mysteries.

George

High praise as key mysteries was a very definitive text on the subject. Very tempted with this. Any lulu codes going at the moment?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » First KEYS, then FEATHERS, and, NOW??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL