The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Chuck Smith Blackjack cut (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

padre rich
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Rumor is that lybrary.com has plans to reveal Smith's obscure Blackjack "beating the cut while burning a card" move in the future.this has never been written up/revealed,and will come w/a demo video and tutorial.Smith used this to trim guys in the service during WWII...this is on a rare piece of 8mm color film,executed by Smith in the early '70's, owned by Jon Racherbaumer...this inspired Brick Tilley to make LOOK OUT,CLEVELAND,using more of Smith's methods.The film was made as entertainment for amateur card players and can be seen on YOUTUBE...
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3147 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
The link doesn't work.
padre rich
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of padre rich
What link?there is no link above.Go to youtube.put in BRICK TILLEY LOOK OUT,CLEVELAND it will come up...
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3147 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
WWII...this looks like a link.
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
691 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
Here is the link for ease of access to the video
https://youtu.be/CvyASkj2leg
Tortuga
View Profile
Loyal user
Ballwin, MO
217 Posts

Profile of Tortuga
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2019, Pop Haydn wrote:
WWII...this looks like a link.

Looked like a link to me as well.
Tortuga
View Profile
Loyal user
Ballwin, MO
217 Posts

Profile of Tortuga
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2019, Bobbycash wrote:
Here is the link for ease of access to the video
https://youtu.be/CvyASkj2leg

Thanks for posting the link. Interesting video. Mixed gambling and magic moves. Unfortunate that the subject cut isn't featured on the film.
padre rich
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of padre rich
He wanted the hole card/five card switch to be the feature of the film,in addition to keeping the cut buried.Only after Chuck Smith's death last year was it decided to share this rare piece of material with others...it's extremely difficult to execute properly...
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
515 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
So by mistake a part of the text got linked as if it was a link, so someone that the link doesn’t work, and then the other doesn’t understand what link he is talking about.... “separated by the same language”
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
515 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
padre rich
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Thanks max..."it's better to know nothing than to know what's ain't so..." Will Rogers
Gary Plants
View Profile
Special user
541 Posts

Profile of Gary Plants
I hope that you mean Roger Smith, not Chuck Smith. To my knowledge Chuck Smith is still alive and kicking.
padre rich
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Chuck smith was in a care facility in ocala,fla and I wrote him and got word he passed away.a google search reveals he died at age 87 on sept 21,2017 according to the linking ring...we plan on releasing the blackjack cut as a tribute later in the year...
Gary Plants
View Profile
Special user
541 Posts

Profile of Gary Plants
Must not be the same Chuck Smith...thank goodness.
padre rich
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Must not be.he was at one time yrs ago in Carlsbad,nm...an illusive guy to be sure...more google search reveals he's 72 and still listed in carlsbad...will write the old address I have and see what's the response...imagine the chance,two magicians named chuck smith...
MagicianInTrouble
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of MagicianInTrouble
Chuck is alive and well, he's 89, and he hasn't lived in Carlsbad for many years.
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1645 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
An Ace-high flush miraculously changed into a pair of Aces.

You're running the wrong way!

J
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1452 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2019, JasonEngland wrote:
An Ace-high flush miraculously changed into a pair of Aces.

You're running the wrong way!

J

Haha. I didn't even catch that till you said something.
padre rich
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of padre rich
We put that in as an inside gag while shooting the film to see if anybody in the lecture crowd was watching that close.the other hand winds up w/two pair,the winner.nobody on the tours ever caught it,kinda like the gorilla walking thru the shot on youtube...film was expensive in '74,the raw stock cost $100.when fred kaps saw the film in boston he remarked that it was a bargain.we shot only one take,with as few edits as possible.the table surface is a piece of green posterboard,so you see the cards skate a bit on the smooth surface. this may be the first gambling material shot in color.the color change at the end was taught to me by walter cummings at an earlier convention.the film was meant to be entertainment to showcase the chuck smith material and get it documented...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Chuck Smith Blackjack cut (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL