The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Any Card by Richard Sanders (134 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..19~20~21 [Next]
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3342 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Half and half. Meaning top and bottom, applied on one half only, which is a way to make sure they separate easily when you want them to.

So, perhaps semantics, but when I think R+S, I'm personally including things like SF or PD, etc, things that have the same function, i.e, to keep things aligned until you don't want them aligned.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1067 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
After reading these posts I cannot drink coffee anymore without thinking of Richard Sanders... Smile
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This also applies to mentalists.)
no2ss
View Profile
Loyal user
California
262 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:
Oh, so it does use bluff and groove? Seemed like he was saying it didn't, but it also seems like it must. I'm guessing it's applied like what you put in coffee (not sugar, the mix of cream and milk)? Or something similar...

I feel abnormally proud (or perhaps I should be embarrassed) that I got all the references/meanings in the above post on the first try. Usually I'm a bit slow, but apparently not this time.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3114 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks for you very informative review Videoman and yes of course I know two of the Aces never need to move .
I already stated that in an early post on this thread that two ( of the ) words never change .
I too would always prefer red backed bikes and I presume that can be applied in the message box when ordering .
Anyway it’s a cool effect but when you work things often like this to get guaranteed success you either need to prematurely apply the new solution or inevitably fail every now and again in performance ( I am not a fan of this variant ) which tells you in itself to reapply Gaz 🙂
Emerson Rodrigues
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Emerson Rodrigues
Richard Sanders has done it again! Simply brilliant a new effect that will become a "classic" for sure!
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1074 Posts

Profile of taller8
I'm done with any variant of RS too. I just don't subscribe to decks that wear out or sudden lose their grip.

Then I’m left with an unreliable gaffed deck that I'm afraid to use with confidence.

RS is rough smooth not Richard Sanders 😀
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
162 Posts

Profile of Richard Sanders
Taller8, Any Card does not use RS. I specifically engineered the deck so that the Aces could be handled freely with no wear and tear on the deck. I can't go into more depth here as this is beyond the scope of this public discussion. I hope that helps.
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
162 Posts

Profile of Richard Sanders
Thanks for the honest review Videoman.

The reason for the blue backed deck is that I wanted the marked aces to really stand out from the rest of the cards in the deck.
The fact that the face up aces are a different color from the rest of the deck also further hammers home the point that the face up aces are distinct.
This is one of the reasons why there is no heat on the rest of the deck Smile

Why a blue backed deck and red backed aces?
Because writing shows up best on red backed cards.

I want to help clarify something here:
There is a lot of talk about switching decks and how some prefer to work with red-backed cards, etc.

Here’s the thing: There is no need for Any Card to match your deck!

Any card should be treated as either a “one off card miracle” or a “special prediction”
Simply hand the deck to someone and have them think of a card and carry on with the rest of the effect.
That’s it!

They don’t question the different deck because they have no idea what’s about to happen.
They know it’s a “special prediction” and now they are pumped to see what it is.

With that said, here are a few examples of how I use Any Card:

1) As a "stand alone" card effect…so no other card tricks are shown.
Usually when I am showing a group a series of close up effects I like to do a variety things.
Example a card effect, a coin effect and a borrowed object effect. This is a good balance for me.
Any Card is the perfect mind blower for the times when you want your one card trick to blow their mind!

2) I use Any Card to end my card session with with a bang!
I do my reg card effects with any deck I want.
To end I say, "Can I show you guys something really special"!
I then take out Any Card have them hold the deck in their hands and move forward with the effect.

3) I start by taking out the Any Card deck. I then stop and say, “Oops I can't use this deck yet because it has a special prediction in it. We'll get back to this a little later!” I then take out my regular deck and do my series of card effects with it. When I come back to the Any Card deck later they are waiting in anticipation for the effect.

Here’s the thing, I also started out by thinking that I had to rationalize this other deck or have it match my regular deck, etc.
However, by trial and error I realized that no one really cared!
So, now I just pull out Any Card at any time I want and say something along the lines of... “Here’s something special” I then hand the deck to someone and I move on with the effect!

As magicians we tend run when no one is chasing us Smile

I hope this helps

Rich
montanna40
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of montanna40
As always it’s a pleasure when you release an effect of yours
And your advice is valuable and refreshing. Thank you for explaining the little nuances of this trick

I have already ordered this and can’t wait till it arrives tomorrow
Big fan of your effects 👌
Frank Fantastic
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Frank Fantastic
I don't know. On the trailer it looked like you show the aces first, then the spectator names their card and you immediately turn around the aces. Now it seems you gotta square the deck first which conveniently wasn't shown on the trailer. Also nowhere was it mentioned that the aces have a different back color than the deck. Is there a way to get the product with the aces in the same color ?
I once shook hands with Vernon.
Which means i have Houdini's particles on me now.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1067 Posts

Did you read earlier posts? This has all been discussed, Frank. Smile
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This also applies to mentalists.)
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3114 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Great response Richard it makes perfect sense when you spell it out like that Gaz 🙂
Frank Fantastic
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 16, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Did you read earlier posts? This has all been discussed, Frank. Smile

Uhm, yeah I indeed read all the posts so far. Where does it say you can get the product with the aces in the same back color as the deck ? I might have missed it, thanks.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1067 Posts

Ok, just checking. Sometimes people just ask questions without any effort. But you obviously didn't do that, good to hear. Smile You cannot order it with the aces in the same back color, Richard designed it the way it is on purpose, see his last post. He thinks it's stronger like this. It's an interesting post, despite the picture next to it where he looks like a character from The Bold And The Beautiful. Smile
Frank Fantastic
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Yeah, I had read that post as well, but thanks for the summary anyway Smile . I just inquired because he had not specifically denied the possibility of all cards in the same color (which would be the only version I'd be interested in). Thing is, as thoughtful his reasons for having 2 different colors might be, I wouldn't want to purchase a trick only to realize after the fact it only makes sense as a one-off or ending trick - especially as it doesn't say so anywhere in the ad copy. I guess my overall bottom line is the trailer and ad copy could have been more clear in terms of a) the timing/handling of the aces and b) the different colors.
Jan Schattling
View Profile
New user
Hamburg, Germany
88 Posts

Profile of Jan Schattling
I read that is is customizable to different languages but I want to make sure it is possible for German, too.
(Mostly because I had problems before that "different languages" only applied to English, French and Spanish.)

My concern is that cards in German have only two words "Herz Bube" "Karo Vier".
You can add an article (der, die, das) to make three words but that might add another problem because you would have to use all different articles for different cards to make it sound right.
("Das Herz Ass" but "Die Karo Drei" and "Der Pik Bube")
Any real sentence that would fit is much longer than four words. ("Deine Karte ist XXX XXX.")
I really like the idea of the trick but I am not sure how to make it work in German.
Does anybody have some ideas?
"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them." - Lee Jun-fan
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1067 Posts

Tell Germans to start speaking a real language.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1067 Posts

Just kidding. I'm Dutch, so I would say our languages are quite comparable. In Dutch you could say: You choose ... ... . In German maybe "Du wählte Karo Drei" ?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6906 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Excellent rationale, Richard. I too openly use different decks for certain tricks (Fixed Fate, Red Hot Prediction, etc.). "I made a prediction in this deck of cards..." It makes perfect sense to use a different deck if you openly admit that you prepared it in a certain way.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1756 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2019, videoman wrote:
Arrived home this evening and my package containing Any Card was waiting on my porch. Whoo Hoo!!!
It is exactly what I thought it would be. Great and clever thinking by Richard Sanders. I love effects like this.

The deck is beautifully made and the teaching is excellent.
You get a blue backed deck and the "4 aces" are red backed so the premise is that you took them out of a different deck. This part of the effect wasn't mentioned in the trailer or perhaps I missed it. I was expecting an all red backed deck. It's not a big deal but I would have preferred a red backed deck because that is what I almost always use. So if I did want to do a deck switch (which is not necessary unless you wish to perform more card effects) I could do so using the color of deck I always use. I don't feel that taking the aces "from another deck" really adds anything to the effect. But not a big deal. Had I known I still would have purchased it.

And good news, the reset is quick and easy and can be done while chatting with specs.

FYI, for those with super dry hands like myself who often have trouble with cards using this principle, Richard has manufactured these in a way that makes it super easy to use. I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to perform it easily but I have no problem with this deck. It's really well made.

I'm super happy with it. No apps required, no worries about it continuing to be upgraded, just some super practical old school magic.

This is definitely another "real world worker" from Richard IMO.

Thanks for excellent Review

One Question do you have to go through the Desk with a Sharpie and Mark all the Cards or does the Deck come Pre Printed ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Any Card by Richard Sanders (134 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..19~20~21 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL