The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Any Card by Richard Sanders (114 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..14~15~16 [Next]
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Elite user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
468 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
You have do it yourself. I tried to hire a German to mark them for me. But they seem to be finding it difficult.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1200 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Sharpies aren't good for marking decks... the color will pass to other cards due to the alchool I think?

Does anyone has a better option?
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1711 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
I don’t know why sellers can’t just have them pre printed

Much better all round
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4525 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2019, JackMagic wrote:
I don’t know why sellers can’t just have them pre printed

Much better all round

Actually it's better hand written IMO, more authentic and believable. After all we are telling the spectator that we made a prediction before hand.
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
141 Posts

Profile of Richard Sanders
Hey Hey Hey, it's me again!

BY the way, "the bold and the beautiful" comment was hilarious!!!!!
I gotta admit that the only time I looked like my avatar photo was...well never...that's the beauty of photoshop.
Immediately after the photo session I went back to looking like an average, card trick performing human.

Re the project:

I explain how to mark the cards in the video instructions.
It is very straight forward and simple to do.

FYI, in regards to why sellers don't have the cards pre-written:
Ever since magic companies started "marking" Bicycle decks, Bicycle created a strict rule that will not allow any "manipulation of the Bicycle back design".
It's been a real stumbling block for many card effects.
Also, it's economically unsustainable to prepare decks for so many different languages.

In regards to marking the cards for other languages:
I explain how to mark the cards when it comes to different languages on the project.
Especially languages that don't use the typical "The Five Of Clubs" sequence of words.
Example, instead of The-Five-of-Clubs...use "I-Predict-Five-Clubs"
or you can even have multiple words on one or all cards as in this example: "You Will-Choose-Five-Clubs".
The order of the words makes no difference on the working of the effect.
There is no need to alter the handling at all as you will find out in the instructions.

I really cover everything in the instructions to make this a bullet proof piece of impossible magic that YOU WILL USE!
There's a lot of blood, sweat and tears that went into the making of this effect.
There's a reason this took 10+ years to make it to market Smile

Have a great day Smile

Rich
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4028 Posts

Profile of videoman
I just have to say again that this is a brilliant release all around IMO. Possibly Richard's best ever which would really be saying a lot (ok, maybe second to Extreme Burn Smile).
I highly recommend it.

PS-I’m not a shill, just a very happy hard earned cash paying customer.
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
603 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Hell9 Richard, could you tell us what was the inspiration for this effect i » there’s one ? I may think there’s one since most if not all the stuff released is inspired from what already exists...
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1165 Posts

Profile of Jared
I received this over the weekend. I will be the first to admit that I wasn't very excited about this initially, but after seeing that it does not use traditional rough/smooth and that the reset can be done quickly (in front of spectator's) it makes this effect a real-worker.

I only use RED Bicycle decks when I perform, but in this case the supplied blue deck is justified ("In this deck is a prediction...blah, blah, blah"). I haven't road-tested "Any Card" yet, but it has plenty of audience appeal; especially if the spectator turns over the aces himself. I'm going to write on the faces of the cards next to the 'single' aces (i.e. "The and "Of" cards) because it will make the reset even easier since you'll be able to visually see where to place them (I'll just print the same two words)....Nobody ever sees the faces anyway. Very good Richard Sanders, it was worth the 10-year wait Smile
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1113 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2019, Jared wrote:
I received this over the weekend. I will be the first to admit that I wasn't very excited about this initially, but after seeing that it does not use traditional rough/smooth and that the reset can be done quickly (in front of spectator's) it makes this effect a real-worker.

I only use RED Bicycle decks when I perform, but in this case the supplied blue deck is justified ("In this deck is a prediction...blah, blah, blah"). I haven't road-tested "Any Card" yet, but it has plenty of audience appeal; especially if the spectator turns over the aces himself. I'm going to write on the faces of the cards next to the 'single' aces (i.e. "The and "Of" cards) because it will make the reset even easier since you'll be able to visually see where to place them (I'll just print the same two words)....Nobody ever sees the faces anyway. Very good Richard Sanders, it was worth the 10-year wait Smile

Smile
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2665 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
So this does not use roughing spray , a roughing stick , science friction or Plastidip ?
It will be great if Richard has found something new here , if so it will be revolutionary imo Gaz 🙂
dman11
View Profile
Elite user
PA
491 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2019, Lseeyou wrote:
Sharpies aren't good for marking decks... the color will pass to other cards due to the alcohol I think?

Yes, Sharpies Smile I have zero problems using sharpies, even on the thin double decker decks that give a lot of bleed through problems. You just have to let them completely dry but I don't know exactly how long that takes. When I write on cards I let them dry for 24 hours. I have never had bleed through this way. I know we want to dig in and practice the trick right away but its worth it to let them dry and let that alcohol dissipate.

Waiting very impatiently for my deck to arrive!
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1165 Posts

Profile of Jared
I used a Sharpie King-sized and had no problems with bleed-thru. Just follow Richard's advice and let them thoroughly dry for a couple of hours before reassembling the deck. The markings look nice and bold and stand out nicely on RED back Bikes.

Gaz, I don't know what spray Richard used, but it wasn't traditional roughing spray or a stick. Apparently whatever he's using it won't wear off, and so no retouching is necessary.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
2884 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
So this does not use roughing spray , a roughing stick , science friction or Plastidip ?
It will be great if Richard has found something new here , if so it will be revolutionary imo Gaz 🙂

Yeah, see, saying no R+S but then using something along the lines of PD or SF, while technically true, feels a little misleading to me. But whatever.

Yes, PD and SF (and the stick for that matter, when applied heavier) are different in one way, but aren't they the same principle?

Dunno, maybe that's just me.
Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2665 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
They are certainly the principle I have been using for almost 10 years now . Although they are better imo they do still wear off over time and do need reapplication Gaz 🙂
PaulW
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of PaulW
Is there any chance we could see an unedited video of the full effect?
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1379 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
RS handles differently from SF. SF is as close to 100% reliable as one could hope to achieve, while RS shortcomings handling and spread-wise are known. You assumed no RS meant no application for the principle that both RS and SF handle, when actually it was meant literally, as in no RS. Adverts rarely/never get that granular on the method or specific applications used.

Further, the structure of this routine was tailor-made for SF. I would just mention that the use of SF (the card adhering principle) appears nicely buried in routine, used when there is no heat, and totally forgotten after the finish.

Richard killed it with this. It's got magician in trouble, which also conveniently removes the heat while the deed is done. The odd color cards reinforce that it was a prediction, made ahead of time that clearly came from another deck. Once they are in play, the deck doesn't matter, one can observe the whole deck blue and that those were the only aces anyways. Put the deck away if one wants to at that point, but I can't see it mattering. The spectators believe you've missed. Now the cards are turned over and BANG! Mind Blown.

Quote:
On Jun 17, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:

Yeah, see, saying no R+S but then using something along the lines of PD or SF, while technically true, feels a little misleading to me. But whatever.

Yes, PD and SF (and the stick for that matter, when applied heavier) are different in one way, but aren't they the same principle?

Dunno, maybe that's just me.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2665 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree Kaliix there is nothing wrong with SF or PD it works 10 times better than R & S and lasts so much longer too .
I was just saying as a fan of the stuff myself it does need reapplying if you use the deck a lot that’s all .
It’s great for decks like mental photography particularly as the separation is only ever done using the Sv..g.l. principle and hence lasts until the deck itself wears out .
Best wishes and good luck to Richard on yet another solid release Gaz 🙂
Jan Schattling
View Profile
New user
Hamburg, Germany
88 Posts

Profile of Jan Schattling
@Richard Sanders: Thanks for the info.
I will buy it and watch the instructions and ask again if anything is still unclear.

@The Unmasked Magician:
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Tell Germans to start speaking a real language.

And that from some guy whose language consists of bad German, bad English and bad Frisian mixed together. Smile

But yes, I guess your way of phrasing it can really work. Smile
"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them." - Lee Jun-fan
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4028 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2019, dman11 wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2019, Lseeyou wrote:
Sharpies aren't good for marking decks... the color will pass to other cards due to the alcohol I think?

Yes, Sharpies Smile I have zero problems using sharpies, even on the thin double decker decks that give a lot of bleed through problems. You just have to let them completely dry but I don't know exactly how long that takes. When I write on cards I let them dry for 24 hours. I have never had bleed through this way. I know we want to dig in and practice the trick right away but its worth it to let them dry and let that alcohol dissipate.

Waiting very impatiently for my deck to arrive!

I agree, let them dry for 24 hours at least.
I spread them out on my desk or work table so none of the ink is touching another card, and then get back to my life and forget about them for a couple days.
Doing it that way I never have a problem.
Yes, I use Sharpie markers.
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
562 Posts

Profile of Bill08
I've always thought of R&S as a principle, not a particular substance. Whether you're using Krylon, Testors, Science Friction, or sandpaper, it is the same R&S principle. Some of the cards are R and some are S
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Any Card by Richard Sanders (114 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..14~15~16 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL