The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Any Card by Richard Sanders (134 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..19~20~21 [Next]
blurrylines
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of blurrylines
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2019, Richard Sanders wrote:
However as magicians, I would hope that we have a little more respect for our art and the people that put their Blood, Sweat and Tears into bringing good commercial magic to magicians.

I didn't mean for this to turn into a rant but when I see most threads here on the Cafť turning into an exposure of methods (right or wrong), it seems unfair to our art and to the people that put their time and energy into bringing good magic to magicians.

I was completely onboard with the rant until I saw the "Blood, Sweat, and Tears" line. That was a stunning line. Is that true?

These are sincere questions from me as non-creator:
1) Have you or do most creators bleed creating card tricks?
2) Is creating card tricks stressful enough to cause massive perspiration?
3) Do you or most creators cry when creating card tricks?

Again, I have never attempted to create an effect (but has had some ideas) these questions are from someone who does not share or attempt to uncover methods, and agrees with respecting secrets. Are blood, sweat, and tears truly a normal part of the creation process of card tricks? I just want to understand what I should prepare for should I decide to bring my ideas to fruition...
Calvin826
View Profile
Elite user
418 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Hey- Richard doesn't need me to stick up for him, but really? Bl, I apologize in advance if it's a cultural thing and you haven't heard the expression (or the band!) before. I think most fans of Richards work would find the expression fitting of his efforts.

Also, not sure why he would be obligated to confirm or deny anything related to the alleged method. Lets be honest- Richard, like any business person, is out to make a buck. And smart money says he needs to come on the Cafť and hawk his products. That said, I think he's been more than generous and forthcoming regarding what this trick s about, and more than helpful answering any reasonable questions or concerns.

Trust me when I say that even if you think you know what's involved in this, you really don't. The streaming videos are comprehensive. The workings(while easy to execute) are complicated, and I would say the effect is impossible to piece together or perform well without proper instruction. Just buy it already- I can't see how anyone could be disappointed with what they'll get.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2368 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2019, blurrylines wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2019, Richard Sanders wrote:
However as magicians, I would hope that we have a little more respect for our art and the people that put their Blood, Sweat and Tears into bringing good commercial magic to magicians.

I didn't mean for this to turn into a rant but when I see most threads here on the Cafť turning into an exposure of methods (right or wrong), it seems unfair to our art and to the people that put their time and energy into bringing good magic to magicians.

I was completely onboard with the rant until I saw the "Blood, Sweat, and Tears" line. That was a stunning line. Is that true?

These are sincere questions from me as non-creator:
1) Have you or do most creators bleed creating card tricks?
2) Is creating card tricks stressful enough to cause massive perspiration?
3) Do you or most creators cry when creating card tricks?

That's a cliche that is often used in the business world. To create a trick or effect and then perfect it is indeed hard work. Anyone who exposes another's trick on this forum or anywhere should be banned. We don't retain such a right. Magic is a sacred art that is being less appreciated because of exposure. Obviously those who chose this route have no morals or appreciation for our craft.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
769 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Well said, Steven and Calvin!
CopperChopCup
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of CopperChopCup
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Hi Richard can you confirm itís not one of the standard R&S principles being used that is already out there . Meaning traditional R&S spray testors or Krylon , Science Friction , Plastidip or a roughing stick ? Thanks for any advise . I donít care what it is but can you confirm itís none of the above and is actually a new substance completely . Best wishes Gaz 🙂

Honestly, why does it even matter? We know that it works, and from early accounts, it works well. Why is it important to know what substance is on the cards?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3071 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Only because in the last 10 years I think I have tried and tested every substance there is to make the best ID deck you can . I donít mind buying this but would like to know that if I do it will tell me what the substance is if I needed to reapply it thatís all . I would imagine itís one of the existing types already out there but who knows .
I donít care particularly what it is just wanted to know if it was new as if itís not I will have some anyway .
The effect looks great but as I would use it a lot I want to be able to replenish it with the right substance not a substitute ideally Gaz 🙂
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Awaiting my deck anxiously! Gaz with your knowledge I assume you will be able to find a suitable alternative if needed. Bill Abbott would not reveal the substance used on his great Smart Ass decks (rightfully so) but was able to find a suitable alternative with experimentation for replacement decks. Having said that even though I can make my own ID's and have made many the factory one's are better and that is what I use for my replacements. I know it is not your intent but asking for a key ingredient on a public forum for a recently released trick comes across as fishing.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3071 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Sorry John I was not trying to fish as I do not care what it is .
I just remember Richards first post on the thread , and I quote

I was not satisfied with the standard R/S concept as the aces would not last long if they were constantly placed on the table or placed in the spectators hands. So I worked harder and came up with a different concept that allows the aces to be handled as much as anyone wants with no wear and tear on the effect

Therefore I was just trying to establish whether it was one of the many better alternatives imo to traditional R&S sprays that is already out there .
Like you say I have alternatives to replenish the cards but obviously itís nice to have the best if a better alternative has been found .
Anyway I have ordered the effect so I am sure I will be able to tell when it arrives .
I wonít divulge what it is either , I was just trying to find out if itís different and better that's all Gaz 🙂
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
No worries Gaz, that is what I assumed. Cannot wait to try this out. Have performed ID 100's of times and will be great to have an alternative Smile
Keith Atkinson
View Profile
Regular user
Wigan, UK
184 Posts

Profile of Keith Atkinson
Hi. As I posted on the Murphy's Facebook live, I have had Extreme Burn, and Powerball 60 in my wallet for many years now.
I received Any Card within the last few days.
As with many of Richards effects, this is a 100% worker, and I will be using this for sure.
Another great effect.
Pick A Card, Any Card.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3071 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree Keith , I love Richards work he is a legend when it comes to creativity and also tutorials .
Extreme Burn , Powerball 60 and his Super cards DVD just to name a few are real gems Gaz 🙂
CopperChopCup
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of CopperChopCup
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2019, J M Talbot wrote:
Awaiting my deck anxiously! Gaz with your knowledge I assume you will be able to find a suitable alternative if needed. Bill Abbott would not reveal the substance used on his great Smart Ass decks (rightfully so) but was able to find a suitable alternative with experimentation for replacement decks. Having said that even though I can make my own ID's and have made many the factory one's are better and that is what I use for my replacements. I know it is not your intent but asking for a key ingredient on a public forum for a recently released trick comes across as fishing.

Okay, I gotcha. But, even if itís something unknown, you can always recreate your Any Deck using the methods you already know that you listed.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1415 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I am going to feel free to continue to talk about the method of any card. It's the nature of this forum and the basic "method", if it wasn't obvious to an experienced magician at first, was described by Jared on the first page. The tricks creator openly described the method in this thread, both the R/S and marked aspect.

The deck needed for any card can get lost, damaged or wear out. An any card owner might need to refresh his deck, he may need to replace a damaged card, he may want to make a backup deck or create one using his own deck. All these are perfectly legitimate reasons to inquire about the nature of the R/S formula. All anyone in the know needs to do is just say "hey the formula is unique to us", and that would all speculation pretty quick. Of if SF is used, just say it. It is a dead obvious solution (pardon the pun) and I can't see any harm to it.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3071 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
If itís in existence I will certainly be able to tell when mine arrives .
The fact that the effect has been 10 years in the making would make me hazard a guess itís SF , PD or a modern R stick .
Either way itís a fabulous creation that I can see leading the spectator down the garden path and then smacking them over the head with a ton of bricks kicker , metaphorically speaking of course Gaz 🙂
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1415 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Mine is on order as well and I am curious as to the fine points of the routine and to see the construction of the deck. It's fun to think you've figured out the solution once you've been given the basic outline of the effect, but before you actually get it. Richard Sanders ordinarily releases quality effects and I expect this is no different. It appears well thought out and constructed. I've sort of fallen out of love with the ID and hope this will be an effective replacement.

Quote:
On Jul 1, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
If itís in existence I will certainly be able to tell when mine arrives .
The fact that the effect has been 10 years in the making would make me hazard a guess itís SF , PD or a modern R stick .
Either way itís a fabulous creation that I can see leading the spectator down the garden path and then smacking them over the head with a ton of bricks kicker , metaphorically speaking of course Gaz 🙂
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4663 Posts

Profile of RNK
I believe it will be a great replacement for you Kaliix. I find this deck so much more reliable than the original RS and easier to use. So far anyway.....

RNK
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
162 Posts

Profile of Richard Sanders
Hey Gang,

If you need backup/replacement decks, they will be available (in the near future) to verified owners of Any Card.

FYI, now that Any Card is getting into people's hands, awesome testimonials are starting to roll in Smile

Here's a random one:

If you want a trick that you will perform, trust me this is the one. Once you give them the aces and put the deck away, you are clean. It is a Brain wave Deck and Invisible deck on Steroids! There is no fidgeting or fumbling to get the correct card; just a smooth action. What you see on the video is exactly what happens. I just got rid of my Brain wave Deck and Invisible deck because the ďAny Card TrickĒ is taking their place!!! I wish I could give it ten stars! This trick just retired two of the biggest names in magic for me
Magick, from New York

BTW, if you have any reviews or testimonials for Any Card I'd love to hear them.
Please email them to info@sandersfx.com

Have an awesome day Smile

Rich
tomdeg
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
I may remake mine with marked cards!! (Penguins Elite marked deck would be perfect.)
Those that own Any Card, think about it...
tomdeg
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2019, Keith Atkinson wrote:
As with many of Richards effects, this is a 100% worker, and I will be using this for sure.
Another great effect.

I agree, after working on it this week, will be breaking it in at one of my restaurant gigs tonight.
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
162 Posts

Profile of Richard Sanders
Hey Gang,

For those of you celebrating Independence Day, I hope you had an awesome day Smile

Here's another testimonial for Any Card, that I received via email the other day...

"Having been interested in the art of card magic since the age of 7, five decades later I have purchased the best card effect ever to come on to the market. Without a doubt this is the most easy to handle effect that has ever entered onto the 'palms of my hands'
I have a collection of at least 1500 card effects. ANY CARD tops them all. The best money I have spent on card magic for many years. Congratulations on a great, easy to perform miracle."
Nigel Ford MMC.

Rich
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Any Card by Richard Sanders (134 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..19~20~21 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL