We Remember The Magic Cafť We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Any Card by Richard Sanders (135 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..20~21~22 [Next]
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3730 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
DVD played arenít going out I infact bought a brand new portable player only last week .
I also even bought a brand new video dvd / combo player too that also takes usb sticks as well only 6 months ago .
Record players and all these sort of devices are actually coming back so as much as I love Richards magic effects I cannot agree with his reasoning on why to change to this format of tutorials Gaz 🙂
Brad Barnes
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Brad Barnes
The demonstration gives a precise description of the effect because there are many ways to execute the routine. As part of the Any card project, Richard Sanders explains 3 presentations tested by the audience ranging from simple for 1 to 2 spectators to a bold and powerful approach.

Nothing revolutionary, but we must recognize that Richard Sanders does not lack talent to create very commercial tricks.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3730 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree Richards talent is second to none and you can see by the way this has been cleverly constructed to hit home everytime its pure genius . Two massive thumbs up 👍👍 Gaz 🙂
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1566 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Vimeo video downloaders are but two clicks away, problem solved.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3730 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yeah I donít know how to do all that stuff , I donít have a computer only an iPhone and often things are sent on drop box but mine says drop box full and they want to charge for more space . Itís all the jumping from 1.12 min to like 6.04 min I canít stand , like you try and go back just a couple of seconds and all hell breaks loose lol Gaz 🙂
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4738 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
like you try and go back just a couple of seconds and all hell breaks loose lol Gaz 🙂

Oh man, ain't that the truth!!!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2413 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Now that I performed this a bunch I can say it kills in the real world, just as you would expect.
JosephKerr
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
382 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
As others have mentioned, this will be the clear successor to the Invisible and Brainwave decks for professionals.
As a stand alone effect, it's never something that I would do. It's too much trouble to try to motivate it in a way
that makes sense and is in keeping with the type of magic that I perform however the effect is so strong and
the execution so buttery smooth that I will always keep this with me for emergencies. Its pretty *** close
to a perfect inexplicable miracle. Richard - Please release five more effects! Your taste in commercial magic is so good!
"Challenge Your Reality"
CopperChopCup
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of CopperChopCup
Iíve been doing this for a little while now. I absolutely love when the spectator names an Ace. Talk about double whammy time. What Iíve started doing, if the first spec names an Ace, I look to someone else in the audience and ask them, ďwhile they were envisioning their favorite card, you were probably imagining one also, what card did you see in your minds eye?Ē
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
162 Posts

Profile of Richard Sanders
More reviews coming in for Any Card:
Here's another review I found on Reddit:

"Yo everyone!
I recently picked up Any Card by Richard Sanders.
I didn't see anyone talking about it so I thought I'd share my two cents.

If any of you have ever purchased a SandersFX product, you already know you're getting a complete package and then some!
Any Card is a card system, that once you understand how it works, will allow you to instantly have any named card appear on the back of four aces.
It's also incredibly easy to use! No math or thinking required.

You receive a deck of cards that have been prepared and are almost ready to go. They just need a... finishing touch, so to speak.
Sanders also talks about the way that the cards are prepared that will change the way you prepare cards like this.

You can use this for way more than just predicting a thought of card. You could use this system to predict almost anything if you applied the thinking to it.

It's 100% worth every penny. I can't recommend it enough.

5/5 stars."
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
I couldn't take it anymore with all the great reviews that I went ahead and purchased "Any Card". Keep them coming Mr. Sanders.
Allen
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
Thank you Richard
This is absolutely brilliant just blows people away
mpilkey
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of mpilkey
Hereís my official review for Any Card By Richard Sanders.

Any card is a brilliant effect, the effect works as described. The video is in depth and thorough. Richard really explains everything well. People have asked, is this any better than invisible deck? My answer is no. However, it also isnít any less impressive than invisible deck. To me, they are equal impressive. If I only have 2 seconds to show something, Iíll go with invisible deck. But if I have a min or two, Iíll do any card. As a magician, I like any card better. Itís fun to do and play with. I give it 8/10
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1559 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
So... where is the unofficial review?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4738 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2019, mpilkey wrote:
Hereís my official review for Any Card By Richard Sanders.

Any card is a brilliant effect, the effect works as described. The video is in depth and thorough. Richard really explains everything well. People have asked, is this any better than invisible deck? My answer is no. However, it also isnít any less impressive than invisible deck. To me, they are equal impressive. If I only have 2 seconds to show something, Iíll go with invisible deck. But if I have a min or two, Iíll do any card. As a magician, I like any card better. Itís fun to do and play with. I give it 8/10

After reading your review when it came to your official "score" I have to admit that I was surprised you only gave it an 8/10. I was expecting at least a 9 and probably a 10.
Personally, I would give it a 9.8. But we're all entitled to our opinions.

Re: comparing ID to AC, although I suppose ID could be performed in less time than AC I don't think it is typically performed that quickly. If I only had 2 seconds as in your example I wouldn't do either effect but something very quick and flashy. I also like Any Card better than ID but it is almost impossible to quantify how much of that is due to AC simply being the new kid on the block. No doubt ID is an incredible effect and will probably still be selling well decades from now.

But I honestly do think AC has a more surprising and startling ending, and it is an effect that truly would be impossible to recreate with even the most incredible sleight of hand. Whereas, there are versions of ID using sleight of hand, or as Richard points out, spectators may believe you somehow just flipped over their card very quickly. Sometimes people will come up with the strangest ideas.

Also, one big advantage AC has over ID that isn't mentioned much, is that AC just makes a lot more sense to introduce a different deck if you have already been performing some card effects, and also makes more sense to put it away and bring out another deck if you wish to continue with card effects afterwards. It's not that these things cannot be done with ID, but IMO AC seems more logical if you do either of these and creates less suspicion.

Kudos to Richard for taking something that was right under all of our noses to discover and bringing it to fruition.
Charles Gaff
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Charles Gaff
I've been messing with AC now for a few days. It seems to be everything it's supposed to be. The evolution/combination of ID and BW is frankly brilliant! I'm about to go about entertaining people but I have a tough time picking out a proper presentation out of the group. Luckily there are many to choose from! Thanks Richard, highly recommended!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3919 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I canít add much to what has already been said. Another solid Sanders effect. Very well thought out and taught. Now weíve just got to figure out how to get Richard to release more material.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1003 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
I haven't got this... yet..... but just thought that if the reveal cards were jokers and not aces, then then presentation could say you've reversed four cards that perfectly match their value selected, and when revealed you explain that the jokers are wild! Then do the actual reveal...
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1559 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
That is VERY smart... I would love to hear Richard's thoughts on that, 'cause it seems like a real improvement to me in the internal logic of the presentation... version 2.0 with Jokers instead of Aces?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4738 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2019, simplymagicweb wrote:
I haven't got this... yet..... but just thought that if the reveal cards were jokers and not aces, then then presentation could say you've reversed four cards that perfectly match their value selected, and when revealed you explain that the jokers are wild! Then do the actual reveal...

Not sure using the jokers is personally my cup of tea, but the thought occurred to me that you could even simplify it further by using only 2 jokers (the number typically found in a deck) and explain that you have reversed 2 cards and one of the cards will match the value and the other will match the suit, so together they will spell out what the selected card is. Then do the the ol' jokers are wild gag and finally show that you weren't kidding, the selected card really is spelled out because one of the jokers has the value written on its back and the other has the suit.

Spreading through and showing joker after joker might get a little tiresome since it's essentially the same gag 4 times in a row so I think showing just 2 might be better and keep things moving along.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Any Card by Richard Sanders (135 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL