The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Any Card by Richard Sanders (152 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..22~23~24 [Next]
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
174 Posts

Profile of Richard Sanders
Thanks for your understanding LesL Smile
No worries on my end. I appreciate your kind response.
I wish you the best my friend.
If you ever have any questions you can try reaching out to me privately.

Have a great day.
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
174 Posts

More reviews for Any Card:

Remember they can name ANY CARD and it's predicted on the back of the 4 aces!

We are nearing the end of the first run, it could take a while to re-stock...get it while you can Smile

Instant Classic!!!
I know we're only half way through the year but this is my candidate for T.O.T.Y. to date! Once in a great while a trick will be released that is just a little too strong to elaborate on. Such is the case with Any Card. A lot of card workers are going to be throwing this one in their case. It's such a powerful routine. It's either a one and done or a closer, that's it. There is extensive prep involved on this one but it is worth every minute...nothing hard, just writing on cards. A lot of thought went into this deck. Richard the Great has done it again! You just might want to pick this one up!...
Don Podlas

Best trick of the year!
Better than the invisible deck. Will become a classic. Highest recommendation!
Robert Leo

This is a awesome effect. Very clever and very amazing. easy to do, great online instructions, very in depth training on every aspect of the routine. I’m very happy with it
Jeffrey Haddock

Killer trick!!
I saw this trick in my local magic shop, and when I saw the name "Richard Sanders" on it, I knew I had to buy it. I watched the tutorial, and I was performing it the same day. He makes it very easy to understand, and for those people complaining that it doesn't come fully "assembled", there's a good reason for that (it's in the tutorial video). It's such a powerful trick, and I highly recommend it to anyone!
Will James
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
I like this more than the ID. So much easier to use than the ID deck as well.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2019, RNK wrote:
I like this more than the ID. So much easier to use than the ID deck as well.

I absolutely agree with RNK.

A couple other reasons that this effect is ahead of the ID IMO are...

The magician in trouble syndrome. They initially think you have missed and they let down their guard so the finale is totally unexpected and it hits even harder.

Using cards from a different deck (with writing on the back no less) eliminates any thought of sleight of hand or secretly flipping over a card as with ID. Plus, having writing on the backs is such a complete surprise that they never see coming.

At the end the deck is already put away and you can toss the 4 cards down and they can inspect them as much as they like. This may not seem like a big deal but I just love tossing the cards down on the table right in front of someone almost asking them to check them out without having to actually say anything. Much better way to end the effect as opposed to ID where you are quickly putting the deck back in it's case and putting it away. That just seems so cozy that I think many people are wondering about some kind of "trick deck" even though they almost never say it.

Something that doesn't get mentioned much is spectators being able to continue talking about an effect after it is over. And I'm not only referring to talking amongst themselves but even while you are still there. I like that you can keep the conversation going after the end of Any Card whereas with ID I always feel like I have to wrap things up or change the subject. Because there is just not that much for anyone to say after ID except "Wow, how did do you that?" And that's fine, nothing wrong with that at all. But the conversation usually ends there. But with Any Card they can say "Oh Man, I was sure you messed it up but then you had it written on the backs?" This usually prompts a comment from another spectator and the remarks can even keep going on. It's just getting the conversational ball rolling in the first place.

Probably not explaining my point very well but I always like when you can give them more to talk about because I think it creates a feeling in them that they realize that they really liked what you did. It allows them to savor the moment and helps them remember you.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I do agree with the above as this is a fantastic routine that offers more than ID .
I would say that Brainwave eliminates any thoughts you could have flipped the card as well though .
This is brilliant though and has arguably overtaken what was arguably the best card effect ever imo Gaz 🙂
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
This has to be the Best Trick of the Year. I think you have hit it Mr.Sanders. I might be over stepping a bit but my hunch is probably right on.
Richard
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2019, mtstic44 wrote:
This has to be the Best Trick of the Year. I think you have hit it Mr.Sanders. I might be over stepping a bit but my hunch is probably right on.
Richard

I think you are correct. The easiness of execution along with the reveal is so good. I would think has to be at least in the final group of the Best Trick of the year. Though, the year is not over yet!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Since AC is so good I’m putting my ID in the sock drawer.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
174 Posts

RNK, Videoman, Gaz Lawrence, mtstic44 and Funnyclown

Wow, thanks so much for such awesome comments about Any Card.
I gotta admit that I'm pretty biased but it means so much more when fellow magicians, such as yourselves, feel the same way.

Again guys...thanks so much for taking the time to let me and others know your thoughts about Any Card!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (okay I think that's enough exclamation marks for now) !!!!! (sorry had to do it)

Rich
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
174 Posts

Watch the amazing Ryan Tricks blow minds with Any Card!

BTW, he is using the double Whammy presentation Smile

Have a great day Smile

Rich
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
174 Posts

This is an email I received from Eric Leclerc from Brain Games fame:

Any Card is by far my new favorite card trick to perform. I seriously bring it with me everywhere I go now. I haven’t carried a one-trick deck on me for years BUT your wonderful new creation is totally worth it.

The reactions it gets are absolute amazement. EVERY SINGLE TIME. As the spectators turn over their 4 aces, I get as giddy as them at the reveal.

You’ve built a trick with an automatic engaging presentation. There’s comedy, there’s failure, and then when you have them right where you want em, BAM! An amazing climax. They never see it coming!

Seriously, how do you come up with absolute real world workers time and time again? You really are a gift to the magic community, and so is this trick. Thanks for sharing with all of us man!
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Any Card and Extreme Burn are the 2 best go to effects that absolutely kill and never disappoint. To use EB for so many years is a testament to its entertainment value. I am confident AC will be seated next to EB for many years as well.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree , I have used Extreme Burn from Its first release and through all its evolutions since .
Richards creations are absolutely first class as is his customer service .
Any card will be around in magicians arsenals forever imho Gaz 🙂
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2019, Richard Sanders wrote:
Watch the amazing Ryan Tricks blow minds with Any Card!

BTW, he is using the double Whammy presentation Smile

Have a great day Smile

Rich

I had my doubts about this effect for some unknown reason, but watching that doubly whammy being performed I’m a convert.
It’s a killer!
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
174 Posts

Thanks Rizzo Smile
Much appreciated my friend.
I do my best to produce real world killers, not pipe dreams that many effects seem to be based on nowadays!
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
174 Posts

Thanks Gaz Lawrence!!!
I really appreciate your awesome comments my friend!!!!!
I want my customers to feel great about any effect that they purchase from me because that's how I want to feel buying an effect from someone else.
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
174 Posts

Hi TheGreatRaymondo, Yes the double Whammy presentation is the way to go on this.
It packs the most punch as you predict the 4 of a kind they are thinking of and then the knock out punch where their randomly THOUGHT OF CARD is written on the back of those aces....BOOM...game over!
Thanks so much for your input my friend.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Is anyone doing this as a mentalism theme?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
CopperChopCup
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of CopperChopCup
I’ve been doing this a lot lately. I get audible gasps along with some expletives, because people just can’t help themselves. The slow reveal of the final card is a jaw dropper every ***ed time. Thank you, Richard. This is real magic.
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
I didn’t notice it in the video and forgive me if it’s already been posted but was it ever revealed what the cards are “treated” with in case we ever need to make up a new deck? Or just use the handy dull coat for any refills?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Any Card by Richard Sanders (152 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..22~23~24 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL