The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Any Card by Richard Sanders (152 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..22~23~24 [Next]
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
I contacted VanishingInc. They received advance copies. But those are all gone.

I just ordered from Penguin. They have it. For now. I’m assuming they got advance copies as well.

I’ve never been disappointed w RS. So this is a no brainer.

Looking forward to it
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Hocus Pocus shipped mine today. Plus they were offering free shipping so a good deal.
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Received mine today, gotta say I really like it. Looking forward to putting this to work.

Nm
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
This will be on the Reel Magic Marketplace........
magic.99
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of magic.99
Just as others have already stated, I too have and actually USE several of Richard Sanders items - they are real world workers! I am certain that Any Card will be the same.
I have ordered my Any Card and will be looking forward to adding it my my arsenal!
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2019, johndevacmaker wrote:
Saw Jamie Allen perform this in his act onboard a cruise ship last week it went down really well as did Jamie’s whole show
Friends I am with are still talking about any card
Can’t wait to get one
Thank goodness it’s not card shark selling it would probably be twice the price

I have also just placed order with Penguin as they already have it in stock

Must say I agree with John the price for this effect is very fair
as you say thank goodness it’s not a CardShark selling it as based on his previous track record it would have cost twice the price !
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of learachel
Ro*****f*** or not ?
trickymagic
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of trickymagic
********d**** !@#$*** of cou**e. Duh.
Ezekiel Jump
-carpe diem-
Frank Fantastic
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Frank Fantastic
So am I getting this right ? You can show the aces BEFORE they name a card ?
I once shook hands with Vernon.
Which means i have Houdini's particles on me now.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
On the site now
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2019, Frank Fantastic wrote:
So am I getting this right ? You can show the aces BEFORE they name a card ?

I believe you can, but I would assume you then you need to square up the deck along with the aces before they name a card.
I don’t have a problem with that at all. I think this will be a very practical fooler dooler.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2019, magicnorm wrote:
Received mine today, gotta say I really like it. Looking forward to putting this to work.

Nm

How about a review?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Yeh, come on, spill the beans.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
The Aces would appear in completely different places in the spread a second later one would presume ? Gaz 🙂
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2711 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
That sounds like real magic, Gaz!
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Haha. 2 effects in 1.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
The Aces would appear in completely different places in the spread a second later one would presume ? Gaz 🙂

No, I believe you are incorrect in that presumption Gaz.
If I understand this correctly, 2 of the aces would be in EXACTLY the same spot in the deck and the other 2 aces would be so near to the same spot that no spectator could ever notice any discrepancy.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Arrived home this evening and my package containing Any Card was waiting on my porch. Whoo Hoo!!!
It is exactly what I thought it would be. Great and clever thinking by Richard Sanders. I love effects like this.

The deck is beautifully made and the teaching is excellent.
You get a blue backed deck and the "4 aces" are red backed so the premise is that you took them out of a different deck. This part of the effect wasn't mentioned in the trailer or perhaps I missed it. I was expecting an all red backed deck. It's not a big deal but I would have preferred a red backed deck because that is what I almost always use. So if I did want to do a deck switch (which is not necessary unless you wish to perform more card effects) I could do so using the color of deck I always use. I don't feel that taking the aces "from another deck" really adds anything to the effect. But not a big deal. Had I known I still would have purchased it.

And good news, the reset is quick and easy and can be done while chatting with specs.

FYI, for those with super dry hands like myself who often have trouble with cards using this principle, Richard has manufactured these in a way that makes it super easy to use. I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to perform it easily but I have no problem with this deck. It's really well made.

I'm super happy with it. No apps required, no worries about it continuing to be upgraded, just some super practical old school magic.

This is definitely another "real world worker" from Richard IMO.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Oh, so it does use bluff and groove? Seemed like he was saying it didn't, but it also seems like it must. I'm guessing it's applied like what you put in coffee (not sugar, the mix of cream and milk)? Or something similar...
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Not R/S, Richard addressed that in his first post in this thread.
He doesn’t state exactly what he uses but I think I could probably guess.
The way he put the deck together it should last a long time and specs won’t find anything funny about the aces and can handle them freely.

Sorry, I don’t get your coffee analogy. Been a long day in the sun and I’m too exhausted to think too hard.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Any Card by Richard Sanders (152 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..22~23~24 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL