The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Any Card by Richard Sanders (134 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..19~20~21 [Next]
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3040 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2019, Bill08 wrote:
I've always thought of R&S as a principle, not a particular substance. Whether you're using Krylon, Testors, Science Friction, or sandpaper, it is the same R&S principle. Some of the cards are R and some are S

Exactly! It is a principle.

So to those that have this, is this using a different principle?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3049 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Bill08 you are a 100% correct that R&S is a principle and stating no R&S is involved probably misleads some .
It doesn’t mislead me because I am fully aware that when ads say this what they really mean is the traditional R&S spray is not used .
I only have to see the effect or have it described to me and I realise there is no possible other method so I am cool with all that .
I will probably pick this up and once it wears out apply my own variant of R&S to it unless it’s something so new and ground breaking , which I doubt .
Nonetheless it looks a great use of it , two massive thumbs up to Richard on this release Gaz 🙂
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3049 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Rowdymagi5 I don’t have this but I can tell you it’s 100% what you Bill08 and myself ( plus many others ) would consider the same principle ie a form of R&S Gaz 🙂
Ps Its a great routine and premise for it though 👍👍
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3040 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I ordered it, looking forward to it.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7510 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Perhaps it’s DSST?
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
768 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Perhaps it’s DSST?

Doubt it, pegasus...but we shall see. I ordered it, and should have it by the end of this week.
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Loyal user
Santa Barbara, CA
279 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
Ordered! I really liked the idea of this. And lets be honest, its Richard...He has put out some of the coolest effects ever, and they are road tested. That's not just lip service either (I tested this out on my three year old daughter and the gimmick flew right by her! Was I supposed to say that out loud?). Looking forward to getting my deck.
montanna40
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of montanna40
I’m not really bothered what r&s principal is involved
It works and I’m getting great reactions from my audience

That’s what counts to me and a great release from Mr Sanders
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2500 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Am I the first to point out that this is VERY similar to Omen by Chris Congreave, which came out over a year ago. I prefer Omen to Any Card because there is an additional moment of magic where you predict a "free" selection. Then, for the finale, reveal the named card.

Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1415 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Yes you are the first one. I don't see much similarity except for maybe slightly in the method.

Meh...

Quote:
On Jun 20, 2019, Steven Keyl wrote:
Am I the first to point out that this is VERY similar to Omen by Chris Congreave, which came out over a year ago. I prefer Omen to Any Card because there is an additional moment of magic where you predict a "free" selection. Then, for the finale, reveal the named card.

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
trickymagic
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of trickymagic
Slightly. Lol... pun intended.
Ezekiel Jump
-carpe diem-
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
162 Posts

Profile of Richard Sanders
Hey Guys,

I'm familiar with Chris's effect as it was released while I was putting the finishing touches on the release of Any Card.
I like his effect.
However, personally, I prefer a much more direct approach to my magic.
I am not a huge fan of mixing a few different effects into one effect.
The more direct and simple the effect, the stronger the reaction.

Any Card is undeniable, they think of a card and BOOM it's printed on the 4 Aces.

One presentation that I didn't even touch upon here on the Café yet (however it's discussed in detail on the project) is this...
You hand the deck to someone to hold.
You have one person name a 4 of a kind and another person name any playing card.
You spread through the deck and the 4 of a kind that they just named are all face up in the pack....AND...the card that was just named is written on the back of the 4 of a kind...BOOM!
This is a slightly bolder handling (one of many on the project) but one that is easy to do and KILLS!!!

I am starting to get a bunch of reactions to Any Card from people that own it.

Here's a sample so far:

- "WOW, what a fantastic effect!
You are a brilliant magic creator.
Everything about the deck and effect was so well thought out!"
John Hicks

- "I know we're only half way through the year but this is my candidate for TRICK OF THE YEAR to date!"
Don Podas

-"This is a bloody killer. It's worth every penny and more. Well done cannot praise you enough!
Simon O'neil

I hope that helps...now where's my coffee!

Have a great week!

Rich
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4187 Posts

Profile of videoman
Steven, actually you are NOT the first to mention the similarity to Omen. It was mentioned way back on page 2 by myself and someone else.

I really like Omen a lot. It is one of my favorite gaff deck effects. But I am in the same mindset as Richard and I think I do prefer Any Card because of the straightforward simplicity of it. Plus, with Omen you have to carry around some extra cards and I have had those cards get bent up twice and have had to replace them. Not a big deal at all and I will certainly continue to perform Omen but it will probably be replaced by Any Card for the most part.

Plus, I don't really like performing Omen one on one (although you can do it) but I think it is better suited to 2 or more. Whereas, Any Card can play perfectly one on one and also to 2 or more using the routine Richard mentioned above.
David_MacFarlane
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of David_MacFarlane
I want to "plug" one more thing that I think Sanders gets right... Fair pricing on refills and multiples. For the hobbyist, that's not a big deal, but if you're working and an effect makes it into your regular set list, it's a big deal. To me, it's a real sign of fair dealing.
CopperChopCup
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of CopperChopCup
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2019, David_MacFarlane wrote:
I want to "plug" one more thing that I think Sanders gets right... Fair pricing on refills and multiples. For the hobbyist, that's not a big deal, but if you're working and an effect makes it into your regular set list, it's a big deal. To me, it's a real sign of fair dealing.

How much are replacement decks after you’ve purchased the original video and deck?
David_MacFarlane
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of David_MacFarlane
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2019, CopperChopCup wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2019, David_MacFarlane wrote:

How much are replacement decks after you’ve purchased the original video and deck?

He doesn't have anything listed on his site. Heck he doesn't even have the effect up yet. But for other effects he's done, he's got fair bundles.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3689 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Concerning "Omen" (quite different method...): It is almost Gordon Bean's "Time Card" ... https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......rt=40#13 Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2500 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Videoman, you did point out the similarity on page 2 -- my bad!!

Jan, agreed the method is different, but my point was that the effect is quite similar.

Richard, et.al. I agree that Any Card takes a more direct route than Omen and has the additional advantage that everything is contained in the deck itself. These are huge pluses in its favor and I wasn't suggesting, by any stretch, that Any Card was not a worthwhile investment.

Wishing you every success on this release, Richard!
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
I would also be interested in refill decks. Already been giving this a beating out on the streets. It’s a real worker!
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
768 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Received this today. In answer to your 'question', pegasus, the "system" (as Sanders calls it) does not use dsst. The cards handle beautifully, with no worry of exposing anything. The aces can, indeed, be handled freely as Sanders says. I have now written on the cards and am waiting for them to dry. This is frickin' BRILLIANT, and may eclipse 'Powerball 60' as my favorite Sanders effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Any Card by Richard Sanders (134 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..19~20~21 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL