The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Any Card by Richard Sanders (134 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..19~20~21 [Next]
LarryD
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of LarryD
I am not an accomplished magician, and, in fact, only perform for family, friends and at my local magic club. I have never performed anything that compared to the absolute astonishment that my wife, daughter and son-in-law displayed on seeing this effect. My only regret is that I have no idea what I could do to follow this up!
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
That is VERY smart... I would love to hear Richard's thoughts on that, 'cause it seems like a real improvement to me in the internal logic of the presentation... version 2.0 with Jokers instead of Aces?

You can make it jokers instead of aces right now! You don’t need to wait for 2.0. Any Card by Richard Sanders is completely customizable. All you need is buy the Magic Makers one way forcing deck Jokers version. Which cost about $10 on Amazon. The Aces are just normal red backed aces. The forcing joker deck are all red backed bicycle cards. Technically you can take out all the aces and substitute the red backed jokers and follow the standard marking instructions as stated on instructional videos.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
944 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
I can see your point. I think I wouldn't consider spreading through the deck and showing the four jokers "doing a gag 4 times", though. In my perception you just show 4 jokers are reversed, which takes no time at all. I think showing four words one by one on four cards is a dramatically stronger reveal. Just my thoughts...
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 14, 2019, funnyclown wrote:
[
You can make it jokers instead of aces right now! You don’t need to wait for 2.0. Any Card by Richard Sanders is completely customizable. All you need is buy the Magic Makers one way forcing deck Jokers version. Which cost about $10 on Amazon. The Aces are just normal red backed aces. The forcing joker deck are all red backed bicycle cards. Technically you can take out all the aces and substitute the red backed jokers and follow the standard marking instructions as stated on instructional videos.

Thx!
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2019, LarryD wrote:
I am not an accomplished magician, and, in fact, only perform for family, friends and at my local magic club. I have never performed anything that compared to the absolute astonishment that my wife, daughter and son-in-law displayed on seeing this effect. My only regret is that I have no idea what I could do to follow this up!

Buy anything Richard Sanders makes and you can get that astonishment reaction every time.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
I can see your point. I think I wouldn't consider spreading through the deck and showing the four jokers "doing a gag 4 times", though. In my perception you just show 4 jokers are reversed, which takes no time at all. I think showing four words one by one on four cards is a dramatically stronger reveal. Just my thoughts...

If you did what I suggested to you would still get the “Any Card” revelation with the jokers instead of aces. That’s exactly what you were asking for in your 2.0 version

Also if you really wanted to you can customize it to show only two jokers. You can eliminate the “of” and “the” and do the trick with two jokers only if that’s your preference
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Sorry funnyclown, that reaction was posted to videoman, but you guys reacted so fast 2 posts were in between... Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3029 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yeah but you don’t have 4 jokers in a reg deck so that seems unnatural immediately to me .
There are better variants than the 4 aces premise though and Videoman has absolutely nailed these imo Gaz 🙂
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Yeah but you don’t have 4 jokers in a reg deck so that seems unnatural immediately to me .
There are better variants than the 4 aces premise though and Videoman has absolutely nailed these imo Gaz 🙂

Like I mentioned above. You can make an Any Card deck with only two jokers by eliminating the “The” and “of”. Or you can use “the” with the value revelations and “of” with the suits revelation. Then you’ll only have two jokers. For example “THE ACE” for value and “OF CLUBS” in the suits. That’s a two jokers wild revelation. Any Card can be customized to your preference. The cool thing is you would be doing a variation that most magician are not doing. It would make your Any Card deck unique
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3029 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Exactly Mike and there is another even better one imo you can customise with this deck that doesn’t even need the joker gag or the Aces at all for the first stage and it’s killer Gaz 🙂
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
902 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Quote:

And having words written on the backs is natural? LOL!
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
162 Posts

Profile of Richard Sanders
Hey Guys,

Some nice ideas here. I like your way of thinking.
The truth is that I have thought about all of these ideas. When I say 10 years went into this I really mean it LOL!

My first thoughts were to use 2 jokers but I wasn't fond of showing the revelation as "Two Diamonds"....but that is just my opinion.
I much preferred to have the revelation to be "Two Of Hearts" because it made sense grammatically. So I played with the idea of using Tarot cards that my wife designed for me (the tarot cards were a variation of the sun cards..light and happy) The presentation went along the lines that I met this gypsy fortune teller and I became fascinated with what she did. She knew that I was a magicians and she gave me 3 special cards. She said to carry the cards with me at all times and when I meet the right person I would know, I would then look at one person and say..."guess what...you are that person"
I would them perform any card with the Tarot Cards. In fact I even worked out a one ahead presentation where I would ask them to think of a card and they would only reveal parts of the card as I put each tarot card on the table. When all the cards were on the table their final card would be revealed. They would then turn them over the tarot cards on the table to reveal their card written on the back, etc.
In the end, I was never really comfortable with Tarot cards so I kept looking and thinking.

It finally hit me that by adding the word THE I could use 4 cards. 4 cards then opened it up to a 4 of a kind, which then allowed the deck and revelation to be a lot more organic and natural. Then came the method shift, the revised easy spread concept, etc...
This all happened over many years of letting the ideas stew over time.

Also keep in mind that by using the jokers you are missing out on such a strong and powerful revelation that the Double Whammy presentation offers.
In other words, One person names a 4 of a kind and the other person names a playing card...and by spreading the deck you reveal the 4 of a kind that they just named face up in the deck (like the invisible deck) and then you knock them over the head by revealing the freely chosen card written on the back of the 4 of a kind...BOOM!

Again, I appreciate your thinking on this...just wanted you to understand all the thinking behind the effect Smile

Rich
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3029 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2019, simplymagicweb wrote:
Quote:

And having words written on the backs is natural? LOL!

Yes but that’s the kicker ending ie the surprise , you don’t want to arouse suspicion at the start of the effect imo Gaz 🙂
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 14, 2019, Richard Sanders wrote:
Hey Guys,

Some nice ideas here. I like your way of thinking.
The truth is that I have thought about all of these ideas. When I say 10 years went into this I really mean it LOL!
Again, I appreciate your thinking on this...just wanted you to understand all the thinking behind the effect Smile

Rich

Great to hear your thoughts behind this, Richard! Thanks for sharing, very much appreciated! Especially taking us through the process that led to this wonderful creation of yours. Please don't ever use that photo to do an audition for The Bold And The Beautiful. We need you in the magic community.
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
162 Posts

Profile of Richard Sanders
Hi The Unmasked Magician,

Ya, even when I looked like that I never looked like that! LOL
Photoshop was my friend back then.
I guess it's time to dig into the settings on the Café and take that puppy down Smile
LarryD
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of LarryD
Speaking of "Double Whammy." In my amateur performance of this effect mentioned above, my wife immediately suggested that I must have set this up with my daughter, and my son-in-law concurred that this was the only way this could have worked. While my daughter was protesting that her choice of cards was completely random I was re-setting the deck and then had my wife name a suit and my son-in-law name a value. This totally blew them away (and vindicated my daughter from the accusation of collusion)!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4182 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quite a testament to Richard's brilliance in combining this effect, method, and handling to create something this universally loved and which inspires so much creativity.

“Destined to become a classic” is often said but rarely true, but it in this case I can practically guarantee it.

I can tell you that it will be awfully tough to beat this for my Trick of the Year vote.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2019, Richard Sanders wrote:
Hi The Unmasked Magician,

Ya, even when I looked like that I never looked like that! LOL
Photoshop was my friend back then.
I guess it's time to dig into the settings on the Café and take that puppy down Smile

No leave it up Richard it’s nice of you share that photo of your grandson lol
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1398 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
Still using this, and I love it. Way stronger than ID. Laymen LOVE this trick. Thank you Richard for consistently putting out the best material.
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Any Card should be trick of the year! I love this trick. This trick make me feel like I did when I first started doing magic 40 years ago. This brings me an excite to show as many people as I can. It’s brilliant and foolproof
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Any Card by Richard Sanders (134 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..19~20~21 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL