The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Any Card by Richard Sanders (122 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17 [Next]
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2748 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree itís a great effect and it will certainly be one of the best effects of the year . Fantastic thinking as always from Richard just love the kicker Gaz 🙂
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
I purchased it and it came in Saturday. I got the deck marked and ready and to go.Richard Sanders did a great job putting this together and making this a worker. I really want to get it down smooth before I perform it.

Allen
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1138 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Have to say it.. Great. Its a master piece. Easy to perform and full of astonishment. Its a winner. Thanks Richard.
Tyler Lunsford
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Tyler Lunsford
I really enjoy this! It's a fun effect to perform and gets great reactions!

Watch my full in-depth review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grDl7dedUc4

I hope this helps you out! Smile
James927
View Profile
Regular user
Nor Cal
145 Posts

Profile of James927
Amazon is selling a 12 pack of the same chisel tip marker Richard uses for $5.69 for all 12.
I don't need 12, but that's about the same price as buying 1 at my local stores.
I'm going to use any marker I have laying around on my test cards and practice with them until the chisel tips get delivered Friday.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006......F8&psc=1
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1049 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2019, James927 wrote:
Amazon is selling a 12 pack of the same chisel tip marker Richard uses for $5.69 for all 12.
I don't need 12, but that's about the same price as buying 1 at my local stores.
I'm going to use any marker I have laying around on my test cards and practice with them until the chisel tips get delivered Friday.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006......F8&psc=1

I bought a pack, terrible! had to keep going over it, looked very patchy
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
152 Posts

Profile of Richard Sanders
Thanks SO MUCH to Aaron Smith, Funnyclown, Videoman, LarryD, Gaz Lawrence, Vraagaard, mtstic44, The Unmasked Magician, Tyler Lunsford, Kaan, Cardbiker and others for such positive reviews for Any Card! As I said before, I put a lot of thought into this and itís so satisfying when others share my enthusiasm.

I am going to add some new touches and ideas from fans to the tutorials shortly so keep an eye out for that.

Again I sincerely thank you so much for your positive thoughts and I'm thrilled to see how much you are enjoying the effect Smile

Rich
James927
View Profile
Regular user
Nor Cal
145 Posts

Profile of James927
Quote:

I bought a pack, terrible! had to keep going over it, looked very patchy [/quote]

Bummer - have you switched to something else?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2748 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I have used a standard sharpie on 100,s of decks and never had a problem . You just have to let them dry properly .
We all know they are touch dry almost I mmediately but the vapour can cause bleed through if they are not left for a couple of hours at least . I normally leave them overnight just to make certain Gaz 🙂
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4063 Posts

Profile of videoman
I agree with Gaz, and if using the large, broad-tipped chisel markers I allow them to dry for at least 24 hours, not just overnight.
I know itís hard to wait because we are so anxious to start using the cards but patience is a virtue.
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of LesL
Some have mentioned in this thread a double whammy where any four of a kind can be used. Is there a trailer showing this presentation? I constructed a deck that mimics the effect shown in the one trailer I viewed, but if any four of a kind can be used then I need to ponder this quite a bit more. Iíve purchased Richardís ACE and Extreme Burn 2.0 and know the vast amount of detail he provides in handling so $40 is well worth the price but just need to work this one out in my mind as a challenge.
Calvin826
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2019, LesL wrote:
Some have mentioned in this thread a double whammy where any four of a kind can be used. Is there a trailer showing this presentation? I constructed a deck that mimics the effect shown in the one trailer I viewed, but if any four of a kind can be used then I need to ponder this quite a bit more. Iíve purchased Richardís ACE and Extreme Burn 2.0 and know the vast amount of detail he provides in handling so $40 is well worth the price but just need to work this one out in my mind as a challenge.

Probably shouldn't say this on an open forum, but....

To do the version of the effect with any four of a kind, you have to buy the effect with the bonus add-on(available to people who join his email list). Don't want to reveal too much, but Richard has come up with a proprietary card stock that is as sturdy as your standard bike stock, but 3/4 thinner(including the magnets between the 1st and 2nd layers). You can assemble about 4 decks worth on top of each other and they'd fit in a standard bike box.
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
152 Posts

Profile of Richard Sanders
No Disrespect LesL but you are saying that you made a make-shift version of the effect and you are fishing for answers so that you can try to do it yourself. Hmmm, not sure how that comes across. Seems like bad form to me. Asking a friend or someone you know might be a more respectful way to do your research... not on a public forum.

Re Marking the cards, I explained this all in te instructions but just to clarify here:
If you really want to make sure this is above and beyond dry then wait about 24 hours.
There was also a great idea mentioned on this forum about using Sharpie Paint markers.
I haven't personally used these markers yet but I will try them shortly and report my findings in the instruction section, so check for that soon>

Have a great day Smile

Rich
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of LesL
No disrespect Richard. I was as surprised as you as to the response I received. I only asked if there was a trailer that I had missed.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4063 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2019, LesL wrote:
No disrespect Richard. I was as surprised as you as to the response I received. I only asked if there was a trailer that I had missed.

It sounds like what you are saying is that once you have it figured out and have successfully made one of your own, then you will gladly buy Richard's deck, as if that is just how you always like to do things.

The trouble is that at that point most people won't buy Richard's, they'll just use the one they made. So you shouldn't be surprised if he is suspicious of your intentions.

Strange that you claim to be surprised at the response but it's honestly hard to believe that you could write that initial post and not have any sense of how it might sound.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5269 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Yeah, but you still have to love Calvin's response. Smile

Jim
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5269 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
BTW, I've had my Any Card for a few days now but still haven't started marking them yet. All my kids keep dropping off their little ones - my grandchildren - and I can't spread the cards out to dry anywhere... Everyplace is a "spill-zone" while they're here! I'm seriously considering doing it all in the middle of the night to be safe. Smile

Jim
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2748 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Lol Jim great idea about doing them in the middle of the night thatís what I tend to do .
Calvinís post was great too 😂😂 Gaz
montanna40
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of montanna40
Thatís what I did while watching Netflix
Things we do for magic 😂
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of LesL
I hate to cause any further disruption to this thread but I cannot think of a better place to post an apology to Richard and others on this forum who took offense at my post. Rereading what I wrote I now see how it was inappropriate. Still, I am left with a bitter taste from the meanest displayed by the original responder none of which appeared in Richardís response. Iíve been on this forum long enough to see that smack downs are common. Glad some had a laugh at my expense, it was probably deserved. Hope the thread on Richardís project continues now without further ado.
LesL
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Any Card by Richard Sanders (122 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL