The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Palming-The Art of Reading Palms (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5096 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Image



Thomas Howard is the pseudonym of an internationally known Palm Reader and esoteric entertainer.

In "Palming-The Art of Reading Palms" you will discover the real work that has helped to get him high end clients, magazine features, and endorsements from celebrities, as he tips his thoughts and years of experience on giving short and meaningful palm Readings.

Knowing how to read people is an essential tool for mentalists and magicians alike who wish to really connect with those that they work for. So whether you want to actually give Readings during your gigs, or just add some more meaning to your work, this book will help propel you to new heights. Be warned, this is not a book to boost your own ego, but more precisely a framework, structure, and set of mnemonic aids to ensure you have the confidence and ability to give empathetic, accurate and meaningful Readings with failsafes in place to further help assist you on your journey.

If you are interested in leaving your audiences feeling inspired and uplifted, as all entertainers should be, then this book can really help add that extra bit of intrigue, mystery, and meaning to your work.




But don’t just trust the ad copy, CLICK HERE for a free 10+ page sample of the book to help you decide if it really is of interest to you and suits your own style.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
718 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
The author was kind enough to share his work with me. He never asked for a review. He just sent me this pdf because he appreciated Sibyl, and thought it might be of interest to me.

When I discovered this in my inbox I thought “Just another book on palm reading...”, but decided to give it a go. I’m so glad I did.

I wonder who the author really is, as he’s writing under a pseudonym. I wrote him back to congratulate him on this amazing job.

He managed to make a book on palm reading not only very pleasant and easy to read, but mostly he made it make full sense. Let me explain what I mean: with the examples he gives and the mnemonic aids he uses, you will need to read it once to remember almost everything and start giving readings. He is using analogies that left me smiling and shaking my head. All this in clear, concise manner, language and style.

I liked it so much that I printed it and bound it. I do this only for PDFs that I absolutely want to keep.

I don’t know who to congratulate. The book is signed Thomas Howard, and the mail was sent by Jesse James. But whoever hides behind these names made an excellent job.

If palm reading is appealing to you -and it should, it’s anytime, anywhere, propless and intriguing for your audiences- , there’s no better place to start.


Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2440 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Why are the pictures always the wrong point of view? Why are they never as I would be looking at a client?


s
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5096 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2019, phedonbilek wrote:
The author was kind enough to share his work with me. He never asked for a review. He just sent me this pdf because he appreciated Sibyl, and thought it might be of interest to me.

When I discovered this in my inbox I thought “Just another book on palm reading...”, but decided to give it a go. I’m so glad I did.

I wonder who the author really is, as he’s writing under a pseudonym. I wrote him back to congratulate him on this amazing job.

He managed to make a book on palm reading not only very pleasant and easy to read, but mostly he made it make full sense. Let me explain what I mean: with the examples he gives and the mnemonic aids he uses, you will need to read it once to remember almost everything and start giving readings. He is using analogies that left me smiling and shaking my head. All this in clear, concise manner, language and style.

I liked it so much that I printed it and bound it. I do this only for PDFs that I absolutely want to keep.

I don’t know who to congratulate. The book is signed Thomas Howard, and the mail was sent by Jesse James. But whoever hides behind these names made an excellent job.

If palm reading is appealing to you -and it should, it’s anytime, anywhere, propless and intriguing for your audiences- , there’s no better place to start.


Phedon



Thanks Phedon!


Quote:
On Jun 11, 2019, the Sponge wrote:
Why are the pictures always the wrong point of view? Why are they never as I would be looking at a client?


s


Because maybe that is not a wrong point of view Smile
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2440 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2019, Amirá wrote:



Quote:
On Jun 11, 2019, the Sponge wrote:
Why are the pictures always the wrong point of view? Why are they never as I would be looking at a client?


s


Because maybe that is not a wrong point of view Smile


This is an actual question. Sure, the pictures look like when I look at my OWN hand, but when time to read others, it will be reversed. Why not show the learning pics as if I was looking at a client's hand? After learning, you have to reverse it. Why not teach it that way from the start?

s
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11515 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2019, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2019, Amirá wrote:



Quote:
On Jun 11, 2019, the Sponge wrote:
Why are the pictures always the wrong point of view? Why are they never as I would be looking at a client?


s


Because maybe that is not a wrong point of view Smile


This is an actual question. Sure, the pictures look like when I look at my OWN hand, but when time to read others, it will be reversed. Why not show the learning pics as if I was looking at a client's hand? After learning, you have to reverse it. Why not teach it that way from the start?

s


Makes sense.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5096 Posts

Profile of Amirá
It was a real answer the Sponge. Palm Reading is taught in this way because it is easier, from this initiation process, to be able to understand it while you see your own hand.

As soon as you develop the needed basis and you start to apply the system, you will learn in practice how to reverse the visuals.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
snm
View Profile
Elite user
417 Posts

Profile of snm
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2019, Amirá wrote:
Image



Thomas Howard is the pseudonym of an internationally known Palm Reader and esoteric entertainer.

In"Palming-The Art of Reading Palms" you will discover the real work that has helped to get him high end clients, magazine features, and endorsements from celebrities, as he tips his thoughts and years of experience...




Ad copy is a bit misleading.

This seems to be a book about giving readings;

NOT a book about the "real work" on getting clients, magazine features, or endorsements.

The real work of business is FAR beyond being able to give some readings.

Also, what proof do we have that "Thomas" has actually had such levels of success without knowing who he is?
Dan Dent
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Dan Dent
In the interest of transparency, Pablo was kind enough to send me a review copy of Palming (I have read palms at corporate and private events for the last 4 years).

I agree whole heartedly with Phedon, this is a great PDF. It is most suited for those new to palm reading or with a very basic knowledge of the oracle, though there are numerous lines and 'angles' that will appeal to people with more experience. It covers most of the fundamental elements of palmistry, focusing on (though not explicitly stated) character analysis type readings. The author does mention early in the book the usefulness of using ones own 'intuition', but he doesn't really elaborate on it.

Howard explains how to evaluate and interpret various aspects of the hand, then offers a sample script. By his own admission, these scripts are somewhat 'over-egged', the intention being to drive home (to the reader of the PDF) the specific meaning of each element. The author himself does not advocate the use of his script verbatim, they are meant merely as a springboard for your own wording. What I particularly like about the scripts is how he uses a different colour font to highlight various, previously explained psychological ploys. These ploys might sound complicated. They are not. In fact, they are pretty straight forward, but really strengthen a reading.

The text is succinct, but thorough, and there are many well designed, easy to follow diagrams in the PDF. I particularly like the 'A Pause for Thought' pages, which offer one specific, incidental trick or tip relating to readings.

Howard gives credit to several authors on the subject of palm reading, that a person with any interest in the subject will probably have heard of; some mystery entertainers, others more esoteric (that, of course, doesn't mean they can't be both). In first learned to read palms from the work of three people credited in the PDF.

As I mentioned at the beginning, this book is aimed a beginners and those wishing to expand on a very basic knowledge of palm reading. With that in mind, I think $35 dollars is an appropriate price tag, though I concede, it might be enough to put off some from purchasing the PDF. The reader would be learning a (speaking from personal experience) invaluable, invisible skill set to have at their disposal. However, if you already read palms and have a decent working knowledge of the oracle, apart from the numerous interesting perspectives and lines, you might consider the asking price too high.

A quick reply the The Sponge regarding the orientation of the diagrams.

MOST palm reading books show the fingers pointing up (though I have seen a couple with the fingers down). It has always bothered me, slightly, but on reflection, I think it makes sense. The first point of reference for anybody learning palm reading is their own hand, so, logically, they would hold it up in front of themselves to look at the specific element. Even now, after years of reading palms, when I read something new, I always look at my own palm first.
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
718 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Dan, you said it all in a way I couldn’t have. I agree with every single point you made. If you’re new to palm reading, which I kind of am (actually it never appealed to me), you’ll be glad you bought this.

The only mystery for me here is The Sponge’s comment. Am I the only one not giving a !@#$ about the orientation of this hand on the cover? If Thomas/Jesse re-designs the thing and shows the hand from another angle, will the material inside change and improve?


Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
JesterAndrus
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of JesterAndrus
It could be that he references to images shown in free 10 page sample.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1483 Posts

Profile of 252life
He should include a picture of a middle finger lol
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Often, I'll have the person whose palm I'm reading sit next to me, rather than across from me, so their palm is oriented the same direction as if I were to look down at mine. Which is the same way pictures appear in most books teaching palm reading.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Palming-The Art of Reading Palms (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL