The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Mirror mirror (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

senno52
View Profile
Regular user
new york
161 Posts

Profile of senno52
Hi there,

Not sure where this post should go, but I’m looking for info on mirrors to practice close up. I know there are some three way mirrors available for close up table magic. Does any one have any suggestions, info, sources for these (sizes, material, price) or suggestions on other types of mirrors that work well for practices? Thanks

Joe
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Start by picking a point that you will treat as your audinece's perspective for this practice. Put something there so you know where to look. Now set your webcam or cellphone in that place but move it about three feet directly back to let the lens catch the desired audience view angle. Press record. Do what you were going practice a few times. Go look at what was recorded.

You can't see yourself blink in the mirror. Your eyes (and attention) usually need to be where your audience is.

Leave the audience view marker item in place and move the camera somewhere else to catch a view as might be seen by someone else watching. Repeat the performance keeping your attention focus on that first place. Now look at what was recorded and check for moments when they might see things which would spoil the trick.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=cell+phone+tr......b_noss_1

;)
...to all the coins I've dropped here
senno52
View Profile
Regular user
new york
161 Posts

Profile of senno52
Thanks for the responses. Jonathan, I did recently pick up an item like that with the intention of recording, thanks for the pointers. Magiguy, I did come across the one Jason offers and am sure it’s great. I’m wondering if there are other options out there more ‘portable’ or different sizes, designs, etc. thanks again
PaulPosition
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of PaulPosition
More portable? Jason's - and also Sean Yang's ( http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9563 ) - are acrylic, which is lightweight and almost unbreakable. They're also, once folded, the size of a folder or a restaurant menu.

Or you could go with bigger, glass, not-at-all portable, three-way sets from IKEA and such. Like that one: https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/karmsund-ta......0294983/ ... Not very good for table close up, but if you're considering stand-up it can help some...
senno52
View Profile
Regular user
new york
161 Posts

Profile of senno52
All awesome suggestions. Thanks, Paul.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Mirror mirror (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL