The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Booking a Birthday Party (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
768 Posts

Profile of curtgunz

Do you require a signed contract for a birthday party? I did not cover this and I want to know what you do.

Lots of videos and tips for magicians.

Thank you.
The clown to the left is Professor Q.B.

ProfessorQB.com

Just for fun visit ChurchFun.com -- The Fun, Safe Place for Kids
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1788 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I used to, but instead of calling it a contract, I referred to it as a “Performance Agreement.” In it, I stipulated the date, time, client’s name, address & phone number, address of the party, my agreed-upon fee, my requirements for performance space, where & how I wanted the kids to sit, etc. I also included a 50% penalty if they cancelled my scheduled appearance too close to the performance date.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7369 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
For my birthday party magic shows, I use a confirmation letter, which I mail to the parent along with a special gift. (If the timing of the booking is tight -- less than a week -- then I'll email the confirmation letter without sending the gift.)

I've used a confirmation letter for birthday shows for 30+ years, and I rarely have problems with cancellations. With my confirmation letter, I don't expect them to sign or return anything. For birthday shows, payment is due in cash at the show, and I don't ask for a deposit.

My rates are on my website (low pressure sales -- they call ready to book and knowing which package they want to "buy"), I talk with them on the phone when I book the show and communicate booking details, I send them a confirmation letter, and I do a confirmation phone call a couple of days before the actual show date. For some of my birthday shows, I ask the customer to send a photo of their child for a personalized magic trick in the show, so there is also back and forth communication via email.

However, I do use a show contract for my non-birthday shows, which I email and expect my customer to sign and return. Most of the time, those types of bookings are B2B, and not B2C, and so they might expect a show contract.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1130 Posts

Profile of danfreed
Don't bother with a contract, it's worthless and takes time on your part and the client's part. A confirmation letter would be a good idea, though I don't bother with that either, though I probably should. I like to keep it simple and easy. I usually get a deposit via Square, then tell the client a few simple things like when I arrive, best if they don't eat during show, and best if the adults aren't chatting. I go over other details as needed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Booking a Birthday Party (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL