The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » School Assemblies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Chuck Lyons
View Profile
Loyal user
Channahon, IL
264 Posts

Profile of Chuck Lyons
Also in any school shows today remmeber that any type of wepon is a no no. Guns are mostly outlawed on school grounds so keep that in mind. Swords and knives are also frowned upon. These things changed after Columbine H.S.. Just a thought to remeber.
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
667 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
I made some large magic wands to put under my flying carpet, so I do not take the swords in to the school.
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
My thoughts

- Ask the principal/teacher in advance if they will help you. But pick a young man (if you can!)

- If your show is educational...make sure it actually is educational. So many school shows are just a magic show with a few buzzwords squeezed in.

- Don't focus on teaching the children but focus on exciting them. Make the topic FUN!

-
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12011 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Nicholas,

That is my dilemma now. Just how much magic vs educational material mix do I need for a theme based show? I want to show off my routines but then again I am being paid and paid well to present a theme based show.

Of course I am working on most of my magic to get it oriented towards that theme but still want it to be fun.

Candini
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Also in any school shows today remmeber that any type of wepon is a no no. Guns are mostly outlawed on school grounds so keep that in mind. Swords and knives are also frowned upon. These things changed after Columbine H.S.. Just a thought to remeber.

Hi,
Not really so here in the UK though I would not use a gun.
Phillip
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12011 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Phillip,

Im a policeman by nature and you better believe I wouldn't put that "part time" job in jeopardy::)

Gotta go work on my routine:)

C
spkrosky
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of spkrosky
I have had sucess with my bullying themed show. I DO use the principal at the end, and to great sucess with the elementary students. I ask him how long he's been there, and if he's had to deal with bullies, etc. Then I reiterate how bullies are a pain in the brain because they make teaching and learning difficult. So we decide to show the kids a "pain in the brain" via Abbott's Arrow Head. When the arrows start going in and then his head is gone, the kids go wild! Of course, they love it when I ask "Should we take the rest of the day off?"
But of course I also use at least 4 other students in other routines before this point (including disecto to teach them to keep their hands to themselves). So just go with what suits you and make it fun!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12011 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Great routine there!

IF you have anything else you can share with me here or PM, I would be much obliged.

So far I have SOS (red ball being bully). Bending spoon routine (giving child bent spoon after I bend it and telling him to try to eat his cereal with that etc).

Prof Nightmare...big rope being bully.

Rabbit from bunny box (no clue there but maybe when he comes out and cheats at cards etc).

Does all the magic have to theme related? I plan on doing a 4 minute magic to music right after my intro.

Thanks!!

Candini
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » School Assemblies (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL