The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best one coin routine (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Mickey Silver would certainly fall in this category but is not available. Any suggestions.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
You are kidding, right?
There is literally books on this topic.
Nelson; BoBo, Dexter; Kort; Ganson and more.

Which theme?
Miser dream; coin box; ribbon, bag, matrix, there are others.
What venue?
Bar magic, walk around, night club, stage?
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2019, Jerry wrote:
You are kidding, right?
There is literally books on this topic.
Nelson; BoBo, Dexter; Kort; Ganson and more.

Which theme?
Miser dream; coin box; ribbon, bag, matrix, there are others.
What venue?
Bar magic, walk around, night club, stage?

Yes I have all those. Those you mention aren't really one coin. The venue is really academic but close-up. As I mentioned, thinking in terms of Silver.

Best
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Payner44
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of Payner44
"I'm not arguing with you, I'm just explaining why you're wrong!"
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
I had the pleasure of seeing Mickey Silver perform a one-coin routine at the Magic Castle many moons ago. Extraordinary!

I’d also look into the DVD’s with Apollo Robbins & Shoot Ogawa that Bob Kohler produced years ago. Some really nice, visual one-coin stuff.
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
294 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
I like the "Flurry" by David Roth. It is on DVD and "Expert Coin Magic". I also like the Moritz Mueller routine, Ponta The Smith's from "Sick", and "The Batchelor Coin Routine" by Kainoa Hardbottle. There are many, but level of difficulty and whether you lean towards a flourish or more of a trick will play into it. Also a factor is if there is really only 1 coin, or another hidden, or any gimmicks. Check out the Conjuring Archive and search for "one coin routine"
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
There isn't really a best as it's always down to what suits the performer and what the performers need's are so what might play well for one may not play well for another.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Some guy who called himself Slydini had a slick one coin routine that flows nicely. Smile

Julie
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
294 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, Julie wrote:
Some guy who called himself Slydini had a slick one coin routine that flows nicely. Smile

Who?

Just kidding Smile Good add! I looked through my database and found others I liked at one time or another. Look at "Coin Fu" by Ryan Hyashi and of course check out Bobo.
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Tom Stone has a really nice one coin routine.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yes 66, I always thought Stone's routine was one of the very best as it brought together a variety of surprising & magical moments. One of the very best for sure, bar none. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
I like David Stone's one coin routine.
"But there isn't a door"
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Fave one coin routine--Francis Menotti Pieces of nothing.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Best ??? the one your Use !!! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2019, ixnay66 wrote:
Tom Stone has a really nice one coin routine.

Where is Tom's routine.

Best
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Some of the best "one" coin routines are done with two. hehe. It really can help magic happen for the spectator.

Sometimes we forget about Michael Ammar's early coin work. If you look at his early coin routines and productions they are very will thought out , in his big book.
RicoGood
View Profile
Regular user
The devil told me
159 Posts

Profile of RicoGood
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
You may want to consider this one:

https://www.copelandcoins.com/products/insights
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2019, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
You may want to consider this one:

https://www.copelandcoins.com/products/insights

This is actually pretty good.

Thanks

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best one coin routine (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL