The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ring by Prof BC Reservations Now Open! (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
863 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle

Lebanon Circle is proud to announce that Prof BC will release an all-new book effect later this year entitled Ring:

A dreadful plague in London was,
In the year sixty-five,
Which swept an hundred thousand souls
Away, yet I alive.

A word chosen on a (truly) freely selected page moves (changes location), disappears, and reappears in an 'impossible (actually, unexpected) location' in a startling and creepy, multiple-phase/effect presentation of London's plague year. No set up required. Immediately repeatable with different words, pages, and effects.

Yes, this will be an aged, antique book just as you would expect from Prof BC. The anticipated retail price will be similar to recent Doppelganger prices. No money will be collected until the product is ready to ship, but those who wish to reserve their copy/copies of Ring should place their name on the waiting list via the Lebanon Circle website.

As always Ring is strictly limited so secure your copy today!

I'm sure you'll all agree, it's wonderful to have Prof BC back!

Darkly

Dan
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1569 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
A no-brainer. My name is in!

George
Bogbadger
View Profile
Elite user
England
412 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Absolutely in!

This looks really exciting!

Having mentioned Prof BC inside the crypt just yesterday I take full responsibility for summoning him back to us! You’re welcome!
The average man is not hard to mystify. - Howard Thurston
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Very cool!
jglumley
View Profile
Loyal user
Kansas City
233 Posts

Profile of jglumley
Take my money!
The "18"
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
837 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
So glad the Prof is back! Got my name in!
Always can trust Dan and Prof BC for something fascinating and top quality, but a somewhat vague description of actual effect? Hopefully, will be a little more info as the creation and release progresses?!
Thanks,
"Doc Ben"/Bill Meeker
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5123 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I LOVE the premise of this effect. So unique and applicable to so many stories. We may have had to wait, but as usual, the waiting is worth it.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of Perkins
I’ve got posies in my pocket already. Welcome back, Prof BC!
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1025 Posts

Profile of reese
From the description, my impression of the effect is: a chosen word moves about within the page(s) of a book, vanishes and appears engraved upon a ring. Correct me if I'm wrong.
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
863 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2019, reese wrote:
From the description, my impression of the effect is: a chosen word moves about within the page(s) of a book, vanishes and appears engraved upon a ring. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, you're wrong I'm afraid otherwise you wouldn't be able to 'Immediately repeatable with different words, pages, and effects'....

I'd need to check with Prof BC but I assume the tile 'Ring' refers to the song 'Ring a Ring o' Roses', a song which described the plague, specifically the Great Plague of London.

Darkly

Dan
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
863 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
After only being open for less than 12 hours I can report that the list is almost full, only a few spaces remain....

Darkly

Dan
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1431 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
I believe it Dan, I responded as soon as I saw your email too. I'm pretty sure the good Prof coded it as in the song. Was great to see the prof had been covertly putting something together & interesting he chose this dark chapter for his next book, intrigued & loving it ! Nice tie in for a later lead into lun@ performances....
Seance
View Profile
Veteran user
Talking on the other side with
383 Posts

Profile of Seance
I'm not surprised. I remember when the Dopps books were offered. They were very quickly sold out . Demand always outpaced supply for those items (and deservedly so). I've reserved mine.
"Even the dead tell stories."
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1351 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Yes. Hi. Sorry, yes, I'm back. And, yes, Ring does indeed refer to the nursery rhyme which is, as Dan suggests, a sickly coded game of Bubonic horror for the delight of little children.

We are a strange species.

Should also have mentioned that the book will be a faithful reproduction of an 1835 version of D@niel Def0e's The J0urn@l of the Pl@gue Ye@r. The Tegg edition and, before anyone asks 'how would I justify owning such a rare book', you should know that the Tegg edition, while certainly rare and collectible, sells for less than a lot of the Dopps titles in their original form. If you can own an original C0n@n D0yle or M.R. J@mes, you can own an 1835 Tegg edition of Pl@gue Ye@r.

No more specifics just yet, please. Let a girl have some mystery. Still a long way from release. Just wanted Dan to let you know that I was again in the dungeon.

My long-in-construction biography of M.R. J@mes went off to my agent this past Monday. Wish it luck. Sending a MS to one's agent is a bit like sending one's child to kindergarten--only the teacher is Typhoid Mary. Sure hope the little tyke makes it home.

Thanks for being patient with me. Been a most challenging year.

BC
Phasmologist
Bogbadger
View Profile
Elite user
England
412 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Welcome back Prof BC. You have been sorely missed. All the best for the biography.

My wife turns 50 in just over a weeks time and for her present she has requested a rather lovely gold ring which we shall go and see being made in deepest darkest Cornwall by a fantastic artisan jeweller. When she asks me what I might like for my 50th birthday in December I will reply “I would also like a ring which will be hand made by my favourite artisan”
The average man is not hard to mystify. - Howard Thurston
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
933 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Welcome home Prof BC, and glad to hear your journey away has been productive with the MRJ off on its own journey now. Looking forward to your next creation, the Ring.
Bob
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1351 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Home. yes. Well said, Bob. Thanks.

BC
Phasmologist
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1025 Posts

Profile of reese
BC, I wish you a heap of broken legs in your endeavor to get your child out of the woods. I want to read it & hopefully sell it. No need to wish you luck with the boo-test. That sells itself. The other is way more interesting to me though.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1168 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Reese--that actually sounds like a really cool effect, though! Smile

Quote:
On Jun 21, 2019, LebanonCircle wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2019, reese wrote:

Yes, you're wrong I'm afraid otherwise you wouldn't be able to 'Immediately repeatable with different words, pages, and effects'....

I'd need to check with Prof BC but I assume the tile 'Ring' refers to the song 'Ring a Ring o' Roses', a song which described the plague, specifically the Great Plague of London.

Darkly

Dan
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1025 Posts

Profile of reese
A hand wearing a ring offers a book to you and yes... you freely choose a word. And that word is found to be engraved upon the ring that was in full sight the entire time....could be repeated. You can think of a method yourself right?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ring by Prof BC Reservations Now Open! (28 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL