The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Devil’s Triangle by Reese Goodley (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MitchellK
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of MitchellK
Https://the13souls.com/shop/creators/ree......goodley/

Mentalist Reese Goodley has fast become a consistent creator over the last few months treating the mentalism world to some of his best kept secrets which are always simple and yet powerful.

Volume 5 in his series is no different. Welcome to The Devils Triangle.

With The Devils Triangle you appear to predict a freely selected word (made up on the spot) and prove you predicted it in advance by showing its printed and circled inside a week old newspaper.

It plays out like this –

Three participants are asked to name any word (it’s a COMPLETELY free choice and then of the three words they are asked to choose one of the words, keep in mind the moment they make their selection they are holding an envelope containing your prediction. The prediction is opened and then the prediction is openly shown printed and circled in a newspaper.

Bonus effect: Forget me not

2 participants call out random numbers creating a long sequence of numbers, you then are able to recall the sequence of numbers 100% every time. The sequence can be as long or as short as you wish and you can use this effect to even divine a pin code that is made up at random.

As with all of Reese’s material, this is simple to perform and in the grasps of anyone at any skill level. Its hard hitting powerful Mentalism that will no doubt inspire you to get out there and slay people with your new skills!

—————

I was there for the filming of this project - the Devil’s Triangle is a very nice piece, and there is very in depth discussions about each aspect of it - with Peter Turner tipping some additional gold for the performance and alternative method for the effect.
The bonus effect is very nice too - based on a Lee Earle principle, bringing it to today’s audiences with some updates. I will be performing both the Devil’s Triangle, and the bonus effect. For £15 it is well worth the cost.
As always it is professionally filmed and cut together by the 13 souls productions team.
Working alongside the team on a project has shown just how much they truly put into the products they put out for us!
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
This looks interesting but how essential is it to have 3 participants? Is there any flexibility?
MitchellK
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of MitchellK
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2019, NeilS wrote:
This looks interesting but how essential is it to have 3 participants? Is there any flexibility?

Completely non essential - it’s just nice to have three different people name three different words. You can have one person name all three words and then they select one of them.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Interesting.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Hit rate? DR?
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
MitchellK
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of MitchellK
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:
Hit rate? DR?

It is 100% surefire, it cannot fail. And the memory routine is the same. Both are very good effects.
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
Hello Mitchell

Thank you for taking the time to highlight this effect on the Café .

I do have a few questions to ask based on seeing the performance video with you in it . The first being really is what is actually new and original ?
The effect is a version of a classic Koran effect . In which a freely chosen word from the audience is shown to have been predicted before . The key aspect which made this effect work was a mild DR and the setting for the effect . The audience only heard the prediction confirmation ,the person on stage was the only person who saw the written prediction and given the setting would be in a compliant mood to simply walk back to his seat .

You needed the stage or parkour setting to make it work .

The effect already has been developed for close up https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=109 . Are you aware of this version ?

The advantages are . Word choice is free and can be performed 1 to 1 . Why ? Because the prediction is written on a format that is consistent with what you would expect .. namely written on blank index card paper . Here the prediction media is newspaper and a previous date is shown proving the prediction was made in advance . If a means has been achieved to remove the DR inconsistency in the prediction , then brilliant !!! If not ,then if I were to show this effect to a group of friends or work colleagues , they may initially be surprised but very quickly would point to the inconsistency and back track that the envelope was not in their hands before any of the 3 words were chosen in the first place and put 2 and 2 together .

For me the classic Koran version makes sense for stage where the prediction could be written on a medallion and the version I gave for a close up environment .

Andrew
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, a brown 1968 wrote:
Hello Mitchell

I do have a few questions to ask based on seeing the performance video with you in it . The first being really is what is actually new and original ?
The effect is a version of a classic Koran effect . In which a freely chosen word from the audience is shown to have been predicted before . The key aspect which made this effect work was a mild DR and the setting for the effect . The audience only heard the prediction confirmation ,the person on stage was the only person who saw the written prediction and given the setting would be in a compliant mood to simply walk back to his seat .

You needed the stage or parkour setting to make it work .

The effect already has been developed for close up https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=109 . Are you aware of this version ?

The advantages are . Word choice is free and can be performed 1 to 1 . Why ? Because the prediction is written on a format that is consistent with what you would expect .. namely written on blank index card paper . Here the prediction media is newspaper and a previous date is shown proving the prediction was made in advance . If a means has been achieved to remove the DR inconsistency in the prediction , then brilliant !!! If not ,then if I were to show this effect to a group of friends or work colleagues , they may initially be surprised but very quickly would point to the inconsistency and back track that the envelope was not in their hands before any of the 3 words were chosen in the first place and put 2 and 2 together .

For me the classic Koran version makes sense for stage where the prediction could be written on a medallion and the version I gave for a close up environment .

Andrew

I can answer as Reese doesn’t have an account Smile

The printed subtlety is my creation - It was my modern take on Koran’s classic. Reese had a wonderful idea that he shared with me that was essentially an advert/ word prediction that was in a newspaper and I added this to it to make it what it is now.

It has the same light dr that the original used but with one added benefit. In the performance I gave on this project I completely kill the light dr that was associated with the original Koran medallion.

You are also correct in saying the date is being used to backdate the prediction.

The reason this is so strong is because you can seemingly show the envelope both sides as sealed before any process takes place and the article seems to come from the inside of the newspaper. So from a participants perspective it’s in an openly displayed sealed envelope and when the papers taken out the article is on the inside.

There is just one sentence we purposely avoided adding in the performance that totally makes this watertight. But there are added touches from me in there Smile

There’s also a bonus effect that’s as powerful on this download also.

But in short - think Korans medallion mixed with a sealed headline prediction and you get this.

Can be performed one on one and will still be as powerful - but it loses the one advantage that this has performing for more than one or a small group which is the updated Koran subtlety hope this makes sense Smile

Pete x
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
Hello Mitchell

I do have a few questions to ask based on seeing the performance video with you in it .

Where is this performance video?
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:
Quote:
Hello Mitchell

I do have a few questions to ask based on seeing the performance video with you in it .

Isn’t it first line first post ?
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
Peter ,

Thank you for taking the time to reply . I still can’t reconcile how this works for 1 to 1 but then I have not put the work in to resolve the question and you have .

Looking forward to listening to your lecture at Minds

I saw a performance video in a FB Group before I knew of this thread and assumed the link was to that performance .

Andrew
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, cardbiker wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:
Quote:
Hello Mitchell

Isn’t it first line first post ?

No, that's just a trailer.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Okay, thanks.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Sethekk
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Sethekk
Hate to ask questions like this but.... would it be fair to say that the video is best case scenario?
I can imagine the duel reality of this looks great on stage / parlour.
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2019, Sethekk wrote:
Hate to ask questions like this but.... would it be fair to say that the video is best case scenario?
I can imagine the duel reality of this looks great on stage / parlour.

It’s the same each time? You don’t need to ask for three words you can just do it with one Smile x
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
So, the trailer is basically Reese saying, "I've had three great ideas for this effect, and I forgot all of them. But I remembered this one, and it is solid." Am I seriously the only one that finds that funny..? Smile

Seth
Fenomeno
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Fenomeno
"Be natural." - Dai Vernon

Wise words from a wise immortal.

I could be wrong but, IMHO, it's pretty obvious what's going on here due to certain unnatural moments during the performance which I will not mention for sake of possible exposure.

I do have a question though: had the first word called been Lamborghini, how long would it take for the performer to realize the pen is not working?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Devil’s Triangle by Reese Goodley (6 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL